This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Futurama is Back!

Comments

• Ad hominem via concern trolling. That's a new one. I'm impressed.
  • Heh, it's honestly not a concern troll, but I totally concede that it looks exactly like one.

Greg just seems like an angry dude.
  • I'm not actually angry. I just had too much coffee this morning. When I get angry, I don't talk about specifics, I start going on big rants about philosophy and what it means to do great things and opiates of the masses and such.
  • I'm on Prednisone this week for my Crohn's, which definitely tends to make me more argumentative and prone to soap boxing.
  • I'm not actually angry. I just had too much coffee this morning. When I get angry, I don't talk about specifics, I start going on big rants about philosophy and what it means to do great things and opiates of the masses and such.
  • I can't even get my fix from regular philosophy anymore. I need harder and harder philosophy to get the same feeling.
  • edited June 2012
    Dude, try some of this sophism. It's kind of like nihilism, for everybody except you.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • Dude, try some of this sophism. It's kind of like nihilism, for everybody except you.
    I'm good for it, man. Put it straight into my eyes.
  • Whoa, awesome flamewar! How did I miss this?
    Same way I did, by not giving a damn cause Futurama is no longer good.
  • It was never good. There, now you can be part of a flamewar too.
  • edited February 2013
    Futurama has been going downhill since series 7

Am I the only person who likes this show?

Post edited by Dazzle369 on
  • Damn, I missed the flame-war about being offensive. It really offends me when people are offended, and that is not cool man.

That show looks pretty cool.
  • I still like Futurama, but I wish that would tone it down a bit. Not every episode needs to be an universe-saving epic filled with an overwhelming blend of character quirks and life-threatening danger. At least two thirds of the episodes of the later seasons are like that, which makes it draining for the watcher.

I still think there's a lot of interesting development (Fry/Leela being a couple is great), but it is starting to ring hollow when you try too hard.
  • Cancelled again.
    Here is to hoping that Cartoon Network or Netflix picks it up.
  • Here's a question: How do you ruin one of the most depressing moments in Futurama's history?

Answer: Like this.
  • YOU WERE IN A ZOO!!
  • Here's a question: How do you ruin one of the most depressing moments in Futurama's history?

Answer: With a one-off joke that could very well be part of Fry's imagination??

The article even says its inside Fry's imagination. So I'm not seeing how it ruins anything.

The article even says its inside Fry's imagination. So I'm not seeing how it ruins anything.
    My reading-comprehension flaws are fully exposed!
  • What ruined Futurama was Futurama coming back on the air. ;^)

Meanwhile, The Simpsons is slowly creeping back toward being funny. I'm actually watching new episodes...
  • edited June 2013
    Meanwhile, The Simpsons is slowly creeping back toward being funny. I'm actually watching new episodes...
    Yeah, I've been hearing that lately. The thing is, with ~15 seasons since I stopped watching, I feel like I wouldn't know where to start. The couple of episodes I randomly gave a shot in the last year were ok at best. (I did like the future Christmas special/possible show finale one of the old-school Futurama writers did a year or two ago.) And most of the people who have been watching consistently enough to make recommendations are the same people who don't understand why the teen seasons are worse than the first ~8.

If you're watching current Simpsons, you really should stick around for Bob's Burgers afterwards. The first season is mixed, as happens with a lot of comedies, but it gets pretty good - not great or special, but pretty good - after that.
    Post edited by Nissl on
    Whether it's in his imagination or not is irrelevant. It ruins the viewers perception of Seymour.
  • Apparently this season Seymour will come back to life and will be voiced by Seth McFarlane. Uh....

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/06/19/futurama-seth-macfarlane/
  • New episodes suck ass
  • New episodes suck ass
    Yeah, I watched the two new ones, and I don't think I laughed once. Not a good way to begin a season.
  • New episodes suck ass
    Yeah, I watched the two new ones, and I don't think I laughed once. Not a good way to begin a season.
    They've must have change writers completely. Definitely isn't the same Futurama anymore.

Everything pre Futurama movies, was good. Everything after goes up and down, but mostly down hill.

• edited August 2013
    Next week is the honest-to-god-we're-finally-ending-this-series-for-real-this-time episode.

Is anyone going to tune in for the final sendoff?
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • I'll probably watch it next year on Netflix.
  • Next week is the honest-to-god-we're-finally-ending-this-series-for-real-this-time episode.

Is anyone going to tune in for the final sendoff?
    Has Season 7 at all given any permanent depth or change to the Futurama universe? If not, I can probably watch it. Honestly, I got overloaded with that in Futurama with the last two seasons because every episode tried to be so grand-scale. (And Fry STILL devoting himself to Leela)