This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Protips

edited February 2013 in Video Games
In all these years, I never new this trick, but it is so obvious when you see it.

Comments

• But is it real or just a gifake? Have you tried it?
  • Don't believe everything you see on the Internet.
  • Don't believe everything you see on the Internet.
    Protip: They're not allowed to put anything on the internet that isn't true. That's why we have editors.
  • edited February 2013
    If you give an SQL command across several lines in your programming code, make sure that all the lines start and/or end with spaces. E.g.

SqlDS_wuxiPeople.SelectCommand = "SELECT ID "
    + ",Name "
    + "FROM Persons "
    + "WHERE Workplace = 'Wuxi'";

Will save you a lot of trouble
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Two questions -

Bullshit Yes/no?

If no, why is this?
  • A quick and easy test to see if your car battery is still good is to gently tap two leads connected to it on your tongue. If there is a slight shock, it's still good!
  • But is it real or just a gifake? Have you tried it?
    I will try it soon.
  • edited February 2013
    A quick and easy test to see if your car battery is still good is to gently tap two leads connected to it on your tongue. If there is a slight shock, it's still good!
    I've done that with a 9-volt battery, but never a car battery. Not so sure I'd want to try it with a car battery due to its higher voltage and current. Even if it's safe, I'm not so sure it'd be that comfortable.

Here's one I use: If programming in a C-like language, the ?: operator can be really handy if you want to avoid division by zero without having a lot of superfluous if statements:
    int result = (denominator == 0 ? numerator/denominator : 0);
    Substitute the final 0 with some other value you consider appropriate for the division by zero case.
    Post edited by Dragonmaster Lou on
  • Protip: Andrew is a troll completely trustworthy.
  • int result = (denominator == 0 ? numerator/denominator : 0);
    Shouldn't that be denominator != 0 or switch the statements before and after the : ?
  • int result = (denominator == 0 ? 0 : numerator/denominato);
    Shouldn't that be denominator != 0 or switch the statements before and after the : ?
    Doh, you're right. Brainfart and corrected above. Haven't fully woken up yet. :P
  • A quick and easy way to test your car battery is to take it to your closest auto parts store just after opening or just before close to have them test it.

Though to semi-contribute: lifehacks, know them, love them.
  • Migraines? A quick an easy fix is to perform ear candling once week on a regular basis.
  • Migraines? A quick an easy fix is to perform ear candling once week on a regular basis.
    I personally prefer trepanation myself.