This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Official Front Row Crew TF2 Server

edited September 2007 in Video Games
We now have an official TF2 server up for all you guys to enjoy. Here are your connection settings:

IP: 128.61.87.22:27016 or tf2.frontrowcrew.com:27016
Password: geeknightstf

Also, if you do a straight search from the internet servers tab it should be listed as Front Row Crew TF2 . Depending on how the server handles, we may open it up to the public and create some reserved slots for all of you. Enjoy!

Comments

• Yeah, reserved slots will have to wait. I have no idea how to set them up, especially not on this incredibly buggy beta server.
  • Awesome. Really awesome.
  • Yeah, thats pretty awesome. I added it to my favorites, so hopefully next time I play people will be on it.
  • I will stop in tonight if I can, unfortunately most of you will have about a 90 - 100ms ping advantage on me, but I'm sure it wont make too much of a difference.
  • I scheduled an event for Saturday night 8pm Eastern time in the GeekNights Steam Community group. If you are not a member of that group, just become my friend on Steam and send me a message asking to be invited.
  • unfortunately most of you will have about a 90 - 100ms ping advantage on me
    My average ping was 4 last night.
  • unfortunately most of you will have about a 90 - 100ms ping advantage on me
    My average ping was 4 last night.
    You were on the same local network as the server. My average ping was 150, mostly because of geographic distance from the server.
  • You were on the same local network as the server. My average ping was 150, mostly because of geographic distance from the server.
    Shhhhh! -___- They aren't supposed to know that.
  • My average ping was 4 last night.
    You were on the same local network as the server. My average ping was 150, mostly because of geographic distance from the server.

Awww crap! If you were getting 150 being on the same continent I'm going to be looking at 250+
    On good US servers i can get a ping of 100-130 ish, On bad ones i get 320+ ):

Good thing TF2 isn't as ping dependant as CS:S is.
  • Now I'm realy looking forward to the 10th October. But I guess the ping is going to kill me here in Europe.
  • Do you know when the Orange Pack gets in to shops in Europe?
    It's a PC game on Steam. You should be able to buy it online right now. Steam doesn't discriminate by region, right?
    It's a PC game on Steam. You should be able to buy it online right now. Steam doesn't discriminate by region, right?
    But as a student without a credit card but with parents who mostly fear giving any kind of information to someone else on the Internet, it is a problem. I at least hope they release it soon after in Austria, or sell the games separate as TF2 doesn't actually need any translations, HL Episode 2 is going to at least push back the release in German for at least 2-3 months.
  • edited September 2007
    I scheduled an event for Saturday night 8pm Eastern time
    Can't make it, I'm out of town all weekend, have fun! Get the arbitrary "With friends like these..." achievement!
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited September 2007
    Jain7th is right. That's my problem. On the German Amazon the release date is set on the 17th of October, so I hope it will be released on the same day in stores.

Edit: I'm in the US by the time it comes out so I'll just y it there.
    Post edited by kiwi_bird on
  • Waiting 7 more days is sucky but is really quick compared to other games.
  • They really should make Steam gift cards and sell them everywhere like they do with iTunes cards.
  • They really should make Steam gift cards and sell them everywhere like they do with iTunes cards.
    Ooooh, good one.
    That would be really great.
  • But that card would be 18+ in most of Europe.
  • Are prepaid "credit cards" available in your country? That's an easy way to get a parent to agree to getting you an internet usable card.
  • I'll be on tonight and may possibly un-password it for a while to see how it runs.
  • Areprepaid "credit cards"available in your country? That's an easy way to get a parent to agree to getting you an internet usable card.
    They are available here but it isn't worth it for me right now, it's only a matter of time until I get myself one, as I'm 18. Right now, as a student, a credit card would only make me spent money I don't have or should spent differently.
  • Right now, as a student, a credit card would only make me spent money I don't have or should spent differently.That's the beauty of prepaid credit cards. You prepay them with money you do have. ;) When you run out of money, you can't use the card until you put more money on it.
  • edited September 2007
    In one year I get an actual credit card, when I have an income (pocket money doesn't count for me). Before that time I don't want to go through the hassle of getting a prepaid card and reloading it.

Also that's one more thing to ensure moving out of my parents house when possible.
    Post edited by Jain7th on
  • I don't want to go throw the hassel of geting a prepaid card and reloading it.
    Most banks should do it. It'll be a separate account online right next to your checking and savings account. That's what I use to purchase items online as all I have to do is transfer the amount of the purchase from checking to pre-pay and hit submit. Funny how the same people that think easy tasks like that are a hassle are the same people who don't bother spell checking. ^_~
  • Yes, I'm lazy, a bit afraid of getting an account at a bank and still learning english.
  • Yes, I'm lazy, a bit afraid of getting an account at a bank and still learning english.
    Where do you live that you're afraid of getting an account with a bank?
  • Let's put it another way, I have no idea which bank I will got to, what good and bad conditions are, what I should look out for and how to organise the whole thing in an easy way, for me. It probably will be some work and cost me a decent amount of thought and nerves, which now isn't worth it compared to the actual use I would get from it.

Right now I'm worried about all the comments by me, which aren't really suitable for the overall topic but anyway right now I really like this forum and al the people using it ^^
  • Reminder: It's on tonight! Lets fill this baby up!