This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What is best in life?

edited February 2013 in Everything Else
To crush some brewskies, to see me driven home, to hear the lamentations from my ramen!

Comments

• Chugging wine from the bottle.
  • The ONLY correct answer.

• In fall, when the trees are losing all their nuts, roll down the window and drive slowly over those acorns. That *pop pop* is the sound of the small happiness.
  • Being with your friends being absolute morons. Not the sort of moron that doesn't know government works, how biochemistry affects mood, none of that -- but rather the sort of moron who takes 5 hours to walk a distance that takes 30 minutes to walk backwards.
  • Figuring out you can sometimes have more fun being lost.
  • Seeing something you are working on take shape. Like the first time a new build feels like a game, when it stops being words and starts being a story, or when the lines on the paper start to look something more than pencil marks.

For me, at least. It's what I live for.
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2013
    Seeing something you are working on take shape. Like the first time a new build feels like a game, when it stops being words and starts being a story, or when the lines on the paper start to look something more than pencil marks.

For me, at least. It's what I live for.
    Amen brother.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Oh look, I'm full on yellow, good amount of red, plenty of green and purple is filling slowly.
  • Is it bad if you feel you have a lot of blue and not much purple?
  • edited February 2013
    Maslow's hierarchy is organized in terms of things that are emotionally and spiritually fulfilling (hence why sexual intimacy is higher up than just sexual activity). The levels don't necessary fill in order. Confidence usually comes before sex, in my experience.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I have most of yellow and more or less all of red. I also have green, but don't feel like it most of the time. I also feel like I have nothing higher than that either.

Fuck my brain chemistry.
  • By Maslow's beard, I'd be on the self-actualizing level... or a step above it.

To confront our enemies wherever they may be, fight the good fight, and die honorably.
  • Wow. My Maslow's pyramid is full.

So, am I like done or something?

Also: taking a much-needed shit is best.
  • Maslow's Pyramid should have a flat top. That way, once you reach or fill up to the top, you can acknowledge you still have a place to build or space still to fill.
  • edited February 2013
    The best thing in life must be a healthy dose of liquorice and nine. Anyone who disagrees never felt the full extent of both and thus knows not the magnificence of these combined!
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • edited February 2013
    Maslow's Pyramid should have a flat top. That way, once you reach or fill up to the top, you can acknowledge you still have a place to build or space still to fill.
    See, that's the thing - It's not Maslow's Pyramid. Maslow didn't have a pyramid, he had Maslow's hierarchy of needs. The pyramid is just a common visualization that conveys the sense of hierarchy, and as you correctly pointed out, a slightly flawed interpretation at that - Maslow himself thought exactly the same thing, and viewed self actualization as not a goal, but a continuing process. By his assessment, it meant that "What a man can be, he must be", and he refers to a continuing process of self improvement, development, and actualization of potential - literally, to become the most that one can be and achieve the most that one can in the time one has available. And as you point out, the pyramid visualization simply doesn't give that impression of continuation, of a journey that ends only with your death, rather than when you simply reach the top of the pyramid.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Flying from A to C via B where B is anywhere other than an American airport.
  • Falling asleep after a productive day.
  • Flying from A to C via B where B is anywhere other than an American airport.
    Unless you end up in Heathrow.

• edited February 2013
    Forgot my personal list: Sexual intimacy & love, Sleep, Burritos, Self-Actualization.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Topping myself.
  • Jamming at band practice and ending up with a new song.
  • Making.
  • Good wine shared with good friends.
  • I have like... everything in that triangle. Now to work on the food triangle.
  • Running.