This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Logos. All of em. Any of em.

Instead of 5 discussions let us just post them in one.

Here are mine:

Click for Full Size

I would like some feedback for the latter, I am not sure where to put the "With Rym and Scott" and it does seem like a necessity (It is in the title afterall). And I really want to make it my own, instead of just a plain controller. You know, diversify it. I was thinking about putting nerd glasses around it but I feel it would look a tad confusing, with all the dark black outlines. Any suggestions?

Comments

• edited April 2006
    MS PAINT FUN TIME IMAGE

I'm not proud of it, but I'll post it anyway.

On panda's controller, It is a good logo for game day, but it is too limited for all of geeknights. The color sceme is fine, just make the controller smaller and add in more stuff.
    Post edited by Railith on
  • edited April 2006
    you can change the color if you want. I'm tired.
    Image hosting by Photobucket

*edit*
    I forgot to mention that the n in the geek nights logo can be switched out with other icons. This is so that it can represent the other aspects of geek nights. It can be read as geek to the video gameth power.
    *edit*
    Post edited by Ametto on
  • Those are both AWESOME!
  • Gosh, it's funny seeing different versions of Rym and Scott. I like the design of the plain controller best I think...simple and monocromatic might be the best way to go.
  • I think the first one is awesome! I wonder which one will be designated as Rym and who Scott will be...
  • Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The offset letters and circular blue colored areas are supposed to be reminiscent of 5 juggling balls-get it? There's the moon shape and the reworking of the traditional spelling of the word night. I wanted to get away from the "knights" spelling which brings to mind notions of King Arthur and crap. Plus the moon kind of looks like Pac-Man.
  • The HL2 one pwns anything I've done so far....must work harder....
  • edited April 2006
    The HL2 one pwns anything I've done so far....must work harder....
    I was wondering why it looked so familiar!
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Wow, you didn't see that right away? I'm dissapointed in you Scott.
  • hahahahahaha! I didn't even notice that.
  • edited April 2006
    so god damn tired.....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Post edited by Ametto on
  • edited May 2006

Here's another logo.
    Post edited by glimpster on
  • edited May 2006
    Or there's this

Post edited by glimpster on
  • edited May 2006
    Site banner

I had to shrink the size a little form the origional to post it.

Post edited by Alan on
  • Hey! I like that second one :)
  • LOL. GeekNights is dead, long live LeekNights!
  • edited June 2006
    geeknights

I thought it looked pretty.
    Post edited by Ametto on
  • Woah, that's good, amethisttomoe.
  • edited June 2006
    Thanks, Trogdor.
    Post edited by Ametto on
  • edited June 2006
    I'm going to spam a bit.

It was pointed out that the top and bottom variations look like GA and GQ respectively, so don't pay attention to those.
    Post edited by Aido on
  • edited June 2006
    HAH! I blame AmethestTomoe for this. Sorry for stealing your idea! XD

Post edited by Aido on
  • Kawaii, Aido!!!
  • edited June 2006
    My Entry
    Post edited by Mandarin on
  • Ok, this design needs explanation. It's not done. This is a quick mock up just to make sure I get into the ring by Sunday - I'll be able to get it fully done by then, but... you never know.

The logo is half done. I like "Nights" but I don't like "Geek" - in regards to the rest of it - it's complete mock up, it's 5-minute first draft work, but the general idae is there. Essentially, it's just not a logo thing - design needs to work within the functionality of the site. For instance, having recognizable icons for the general topics you talk about (the icons are also first draft).

The general idea of the whole thing is to capture the feel of the "late night show" which, I feel, is more the idea of Geek Nights than is the subject matter, considering you often don't even get to an actual topic until half way through each episode (which is great, by the way, I'm just building from that). Geek Nights is fun, it's hip, it's cool - it's the "after dark" fun topics and the logo should reflect whether it's mine or someone else's.

Anyway, I'll be constantly editing this as I get closer to completion, but here it is, the unmasking!

• Despite my dislike of tetris, I love the tetris block going into the buildings. If thats half-done, the completed product should be awesome. I don't see anything wrong with the "Geek", but thats just me.
  • ^^
    Got damn, that is really good.
  • Gotdam Bri!

Unless you guys were emailed something that hasn't been posted I think we've found a winner. That design is awesome.
  • Seriously, that is like the most appropriate desing I've seen so far. A winner is you.
  • ClassicBri, that is an OMG moment right there. Teh awesome.