This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Radiohead has got a clue!

edited October 2007 in News
Radiohead Asks: What Would You Pay For An Album?

Finally, some major bands are coming to terms with the new music market!

Comments

• I'll buy that for $0!
  • Wow. They're releasing it without copy protection, too? This is good news.
  • edited October 2007
    I would pay $5.00 or so, not only because I love Radiohead's music, and want to encourage them to continue to create such a great product, but also to support this movement. I recognize that this might be seen as "charity", but to me it is also paying for a product to own it legally, and placing an amount on it that I truly consider to be a value.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • You can't buy it for 0 dollars.

I tried, and they don't even give you an activation code.

Well, THAT goes against everything they're trying to do with this.
  • They DO need to make profit.
  • You can't buy it for 0 dollars. I tried
    I also tried, just to see if it would let me. I don't care for Radiohead all that much.
    Why? They're already rich. They can profit from something else, like concerts and merch. If I can't listen to the music for free to see if I like them, there's no way I'm spending money on anything.
  • edited October 2007
    They DO need to make profit.
    Why? They're already rich. They can profit from something else, like concerts and merch. If I can't listen to the music for free to see if I like them, there's no way I'm spending money on anything.
    You can listen to the singles.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
    They also have enough poserly and devoted indie fans who are going to be ordering the $80 special edition with the vinyl disc.
    You can listen to the singles.
    Can I buy the songs individually then? If I only get to hear the singles, and they are good, I have to trust that the rest of the album isn't just armpit noises?
  • Most of Radiohead is the same so you can just listen to one song. :D

What? I just did this and you just need to type in 0.00 at the pay screen and they send you an e-mail, the album's not actually available until next week, they send you the code then.
    Most of Radiohead is the same so you can just listen to one song. :D
    Not really.
  • I said most.
    You mean in terms of by album or overall? If its the former, I agree, if it's the latter, I don't.
  • Most of Radiohead is the same so you can just listen to one song. :D
    WRONG. Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. Radiohead rocks.
  • You are entitled to your opinion but "Radiohead rocks" is not a universal constant.
  • You are entitled to your opinion but "Radiohead rocks" is not a universal constant.
    No, it isn't. It's the Eleventh Commandment.