This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemon

Comments

• Why do you need multiple legit copies?
  • Running a contest on my Pokemon forum. We have a strong no hacking/cheating philosophy on the site and using knock-offs would be counter to that ideal.
  • What are the terms? It might be easier just to use the rulesets and controls that Smogon has available.
  • It involves the single player experience.
  • http://imgur.com/a/mLktl?gallery
    As someone who actually reads custom Magic Cards threads, these are pretty OK, save the templiting. It'd be an easy fix, though.
  • edited April 2013
    http://imgur.com/a/mLktl?gallery
    As someone who actually reads custom Magic Cards threads, these are pretty OK, save the templiting. It'd be an easy fix, though.
    Disagreed. The templating is pretty bad (e.g. forgetting to name the source of the damage in damage abilities, and no colons anywhere on activated abilities) and some of the abilities don't make sense. For example, Vensaur. Green does not get to distribute -1/-1 counters this freely and white creatures don't get haste. Power level is also quite off the charts.

Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • http://imgur.com/a/mLktl?gallery
    Disagreed. The templating is pretty bad (e.g. forgetting to name the source of the damage in damage abilities, and no colons anywhere on activated abilities) and some of the abilities don't make sense. For example, Vensaur. Green does not get to distribute -1/-1 counters this freely and white creatures don't get haste. Power level is also quite off the charts.

Yeah, going through this, there's pretty much no respect for the Color Pie (Pikachu should be Red) Infect shouldn't be this common (nor is it evergreen anyway), reminder text that should be rules text, odd use of Emblems...

I see the internal logic (Electric is almost always White, ground is always Red, Ghost is Black, Poison types always have Infect), but it's just off enough that it bothers me as an MTG player.

I have a burning urge to pop open MSE and fix these.
  • edited April 2013
    Yeah, going through this, there's pretty much no respect for the Color Pie (Pikachu should be Red) Infect shouldn't be this common (nor is it evergreen anyway), reminder text that should be rules text, odd use of Emblems...

I see the internal logic (Electric is almost always White, ground is always Red, Ghost is Black, Poison types always have Infect), but it's just off enough that it bothers me as an MTG player.

I think this is mostly the result of trying to crowbar one sort of game system into a different kind of game system which is based on a completely different logic and principle. I did like the evolve mechanic though, but it pretty much has been done in a myriad of games before (including Magic)and it's inherent card disadvantage and thus unappealing.

Maybe they could have used Level Up instead.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Yeah, going through this, there's pretty much no respect for the Color Pie (Pikachu should be Red) Infect shouldn't be this common (nor is it evergreen anyway), reminder text that should be rules text, odd use of Emblems...

I think this is mostly the result of trying to crowbar one sort of game system into a different kind of game system which is based on a completely different logic and principle. I did like the evolve mechanic though, but it pretty much has been done in a myriad of games before (including Magic)and it's inherent card disadvantage and thus unappealing.

Maybe they could have used Level Up instead.
    Or Flip cards/reverseable cards (I forget what the Innastrad block flippy cards were called)
  • I believe they were called "Heroes" way back in the days of the first Kamigawa block.
  • To get this forum back on more the pokemon track, anyone want to discuss the new (possible, unconfirmed) Mewtwo forme?
    At first I thought the long protrusion from its head was a really long neck, like a hideous Latios-esque Mewtwo mutation. But now that I see it's more chibi-fied I like it a bit, but really, why give Mewtwo an alternate forme at this point?

• Much like no proof before production for movies:

no proof before Serebii confirmation.
  • Some people on Reddit are making charts illustrating their favorite Pokemon per type/per Gen, and then showing their all-time favorite of that type. This took forever to make, but here's mine:

• Some people on Reddit are making charts illustrating their favorite Pokemon per type/per Gen, and then showing their all-time favorite of that type.
    Godddd I have so many favorites. This could potentially take a while, possibly forever. Or is impossible.

And yeah, ChibiMewtwo was comfirmed, but no name or specification on if it's a form, pre-evo, evo, or any relation to the Mew/Mewtwo combination whatsoever. Some are speculating it's a "Mewthree" that Team Plasma/Rocket derived along with Genesect. Personally I'd rather it be a "Mewthree" than a forme, because Mewtwo is already fucking awesome.
    Serebii usually doesn't post rumors unless they're pretty damn sure.
  • Well, the Japanese media said it was a new Pokemon with a familiar face, or something to that matter. So I'm guessing it's not an evolution.
  • edited April 2013
    God, from that first panel, at first I thought I was going crazy. Or about to have a seizure.
    Post edited by Aiyakiu on
  • One of my brothers is giving me his GBA Pokemon games... and then he said, "I have a gameboy color and all the original games for that. I could send them to ya..."

WOO! CATCH THEM ALL!
  • Finally there is a gif to properly express my feelings for Chikorita.

• Man, the girl's design is so much better. Might have to play as her.
  • edited May 2013
    I'm definitely going for X, because Xerneas looks fucking regal as all shit. He's all like "Bitch, I'm majestic."

As always, I'm playing as the female trainer. :T
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • Im just happy I can finally sit down on a gosh darn bench or chair. I've wanted that since...forever