This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX PRIME 2013 4 days of PAX-TRAVAGANZA!

Comments

• Yeah, new car is my reason for no PAX prime.
  • While I can afford this, it's now to the point of me actually contemplating on whether or not if this is worth it anymore.
    I'm in the same position. Though I really really want to go, the expenditures may not be worth it at this point.
  • Okay... so if I had the promo code I could book through the hotel's website, but I don't. So... I'm stuck refreshing onpeak. And watching rooms disappear.
  • I'm just kinda tired of wrestling with even getting a ticket 10 minutes after they launch.
  • Okay... so if I had the promo code I could book through the hotel's website, but I don't. So... I'm stuck refreshing onpeak. And watching rooms disappear.
    On Peak does NOT have the entire hotel, you can simply go to them directly.
  • At this point, my friends and I are just going to try to go Saturday, but I think this year I'm going to sign up to enforce too. I've been to enough PAXs now that I'm willing to give back. At this point, going to PAX without all of my local friends just isn't fun anymore like it was a few years ago.
  • On Peak does NOT have the entire hotel, you can simply go to them directly.
    Any experience applying the promo rate after the fact? I can cancel at no cost anyway once I get something through onpeak, but I'm just covering my bases.
  • OnPeak is just erroring out for me. I keep refreshing, but it isn't working. I'm also still stuck in the queue...
  • Seattle is eminently walkable. You don't need to be in the "good" hotels. It's not like PAX East where there are a few close hotels and a bunch of super far away ones.
  • On Peak does NOT have the entire hotel, you can simply go to them directly.
    Any experience applying the promo rate after the fact? I can cancel at no cost anyway once I get something through onpeak, but I'm just covering my bases.
    Yes as long as you have it you can simply ask to leave a note about the promo and call back in later, hotels tend to go backwards to lock in a multi-day stay.
  • I'll have to skip out on Prime this year, but I'm definitely planning on it for next year, as well as MAGFest and PAX East.
    I will tots tag with you on MAGFest and PAX East if I can. But that is a discussion for another day.

• I've been waiting in the Queue for a while now. Have you guys had any luck so far?
  • Can't believe they sold out so quickly (even though I shouldn't be surprised). Queued for 1-day tickets right now... >_<
  • So did we hit the under the hour since it went live mark? Good news is if you follow board game companies there will be PLENTY of opportunities in getting in.
  • Called OnPeak after the Red Lion gave me their number.

Ended up endlessly ringing (not on hold)
    Called again, ended up on hold, and then it sent me to someone's voicemail (what the?)
    Called again, and the voice menu is giving me a busy signal
  • Ok. Tickets acquired. I already had my room reserved using my government employees discount back in October. :P
  • I can't tell if they just don't want people going for all 4 days or not. By the third day I'm usually a bit burnt out so I don't really mind going 3 days but it seems absurd that 10 mins out the gate the all weekend passes are sold out.
  • Just noticed a new post on the PAX site. Says that this year there are events going on at the Paramount AND Benaroya. Two main theaters?! I'm interested to see what they're going to use them for (perhaps a big tournament stage like Benaroya was last year).
  • Perhaps use the main stage on floor 6 where they had LOL?

I hope LOL doesn't have as large as a presence this year.
  • I hope LOL doesn't have as large as a presence this year.
    I am calling LoL the new Firefall of Pax.
    No. Because LOL is something that is actually released. PAX has been showing all kinds of advertisements for Firefall for ages with no actual demo.

• And LoL actually seems to actually be good and popular too.
    No. Because LOL is something that is actually released. PAX has been showing all kinds of advertisements for Firefall for ages with no actual demo.

I mean in the way that there is always a presence of a person walking behind screaming Firefall with advertisements.
  • I don't recall of that happening at the last 3 PAX conventions. They were just there. No one screaming, just handing out swag.
  • Got my Saturday passes after over two hours in the queue. So at the very least I will be there for one day this year.
  • edited April 2013
    Saturday is now sold out.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Okay, got the Red Lion all booked up at convention rates. It's coming...
  • edited April 2013
    Glad I don't need to worry about hotels :P

I'm like a 5-10 minute walk from the CC.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • If they don't accept our panels I will gladly [E] it up.
  • edited April 2013
    If they don't accept our panels I will gladly [E] it up.
    What's the likelihood of that happening?

Edit: Sunday sold out.
    Post edited by Rochelle on