This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MAGFest XII

edited January 2013 in Conventions
Machinae Supremacy will be there.

Comments

• Holy shit. I believe they have never played a show in the US before.

I'm not that into them these days, but I am so going to that.
  • I want to go next year! Gonna work on that.
  • edited January 2013
    Squirrel away $50 a month and you should have plenty for next magfest.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • I'm gonna be working straight from probably this Spring until November/December of this year, I'mma save a few hundred for badge/hotel/gas/food/swag.
  • Holy shit. I believe they have never played a show in the US before.
    That would be correct.
  • Dates have been announced, Jan 2nd to the 5th. New Year in DC anyone?
  • Oh gees. hmmm.
  • Oh gees. hmmm.
  • Assuming I can afford it, I can probably make it next year. Don't know if I can afford it, though.
  • Assuming I can afford it, I can probably make it next year. Don't know if I can afford it, though.
    Save up, $75 a month and pitch in to one of the many FRC Roomshares ;)
  • Well shit, looks like I know what I'm doing next year.
  • In the off chance someone knows a band that wishes to perform at MAGfest, they recently opened their band submissions. I advise getting the application in as fast as you can if you or band you know whats to be selected.
  • In the off chance someone knows a band that wishes to perform at MAGfest, they recently opened their band submissions. I advise getting the application in as fast as you can if you or band you know whats to be selected.
    Machinae Supremacy?

O wait.

Daft Punk?

I'm gonna for the heck of it. Good to know I should get it in ASAP even though the deadline is August.
    I'm gonna for the heck of it. Good to know I should get it in ASAP even though the deadline is August.
    The demand is high for a spot, better early than never.
  • Oh, I am there next year, no matter what!
  • Anyone know when tickets are expected to go on sale for the event? I am *so* about this.
  • Anyone know when tickets are expected to go on sale for the event? I am *so* about this.
    Not sure yet but if history serves properly it will not sell out like PAX so when I make the announcement simply get them without hitting refresh. Or you can start the FRC Group again to save 10 bucks.
  • Oh is there a group discount? What's the deal with that?
  • Oh is there a group discount? What's the deal with that?
    Get group of 8+ everyone saves a little cash of the ticket, must book all at once.
  • So not it this year.
  • You can get reasonable hotel rates 8 miles away; but for some reason the buss takes an hour to make the journey. What is a good runoff hotel that isn't $300 a night?
  • The Magfest con hotel is only $150 a night...
  • The Magfest con hotel is only $150 a night...
    I think that is doable! :D
  • Heads up to both Scott and Rym. Nick (the newbie) just emailed me asking me to send him your email to ask you to use the MAGFest X highlight video as an official trailer, so if you get an email about that, now you know.
    Not sure yet but if history serves properly it will not sell out like PAX so when I make the announcement simply get them without hitting refresh. Or you can start the FRC Group again to save 10 bucks.
    Does the con hotel fill up quickly?
    Not really however there may be another MAG Suite that me and Russ did last year so if you want to have space while sharing a room always welcome.
    Not really however there may be another MAG Suite that me and Russ did last year so if you want to have space while sharing a room always welcome.
    If you guys do MAGsuite again, I'm in. For definite!
  • MAGFest is a definite of course, but going to try and get a hotel again for local friends.
  • MAGFest is a definite of course, but going to try and get a hotel again for local friends.
    Is it wrong for me to hope they bail so we could get more of those cookies? #yesitis