This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• That was actually beautiful and well done.
  • Supposedly the most awkward video on YouTube.

• edited April 2013
    In case anyone missed it, the new Rarity micro is the best comic out yet and compares pretty favorably with top tier show episodes in my opinion. I'm going to be interested to see if Flax Seed becomes the first comic character to get lots of fanart. Early signs are promising. Issue #6 of the main series is pretty good too.
    Post edited by Nissl on
  • Ah shit, reminds me I gotta pick up my comics.
  • I neat feature from Polygon about Fighting is Magic.
  • Supposedly the most awkward video on YouTube.
    I'm gonna use this the next time I do my MLP sound design lecture when talking about diegetic and nondiegetic music.
  • Oh gods I never liked the song even WITH music. Its fun in that cringe-inducing please no more, way.
  • I am 100% in favor of that.
  • Good, cuz I'm 0% in favour in that and the only reason I'm not less in favor for it is that it's mathematically impossible for me to be any less in favor and I'm not breaking the rules of physics for such a POS Series as Orimo.
  • edited April 2013

Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Losing used to be fun. Now losing is magic.
  • edited May 2013
    Equestria Girls is going to be a 1 hour-ish movie. Here is the plot:
    When a crown is stolen from the Crystal Empire, Twilight Sparkle pursues the thief into an alternate world where she transforms into a teenage girl who must survive her biggest challenge yet… high school. With help from her new friends who remind her of Ponyville’s Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy, she embarks upon a quest to find the crown and change the destiny of these two parallel worlds.

Also, a funny gif.

Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited May 2013
    When a crown is stolen from the Crystal Empire, Twilight Sparkle pursues the thief into an alternate world where she transforms into a teenage girl who must survive her biggest challenge yet… high school
    If you made that a Japanese name, that's basically the plot to a good portion of the shitty manga I read.

Post edited by Churba on
  • edited May 2013
    When a crown is stolen from the Crystal Empire, Twilight Sparkle pursues the thief into an alternate world where she transforms into a teenage girl who must survive her biggest challenge yet… high school
    If you made that a Japanese name, that's basically the plot to a good portion of the shitty manga I read.
    Do you have a list of your shitty mangas, because I've been looking to read some.

Honestly, I wonder how they're going to treat this. Is this actually canonical? There are big implications that come with this if it is, the biggest being that humanized ponies are now canon (which I am perfectly okay with).
    Also, we now have the realization of an alternate universe. How will that be treated? Will there be cross-dimensional characters? Will they use this to introduce humans to Equestria (now that Faust is gone)?

Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • It's all just a plot by Lyra.
  • edited May 2013
    Do you have a list of your shitty mangas, because I've been looking to read some.
    If you use chrome, you can pick up an extension called All Mangas Reader, with which I can simply dump you my entire manga list as a text file that you can import, and you'll have the whole list plus places to read them.

Post edited by Churba on
  • When a crown is stolen from the Crystal Empire, Twilight Sparkle pursues the thief into an alternate world where she transforms into a teenage girl who must survive her biggest challenge yet… high school
    If you use chrome, you can pick up an extension called All Mangas Reader, with which I can simply dump you my entire manga list as a text file that you can import, and you'll have the whole list plus places to read them.
    Done.
  • edited May 2013
    List emailed to you with instructions. There's plenty of gold buried in that mountain of shit. Now you have the shovel. Everything else is up to you, lord have mercy upon ye.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Equestria Girls is going to be a 1 hour-ish movie. Here is the plot:
    When a crown is stolen from the Crystal Empire, Twilight Sparkle pursues the thief into an alternate world where she transforms into a teenage girl who must survive her biggest challenge yet… high school. With help from her new friends who remind her of Ponyville’s Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy, she embarks upon a quest to find the crown and change the destiny of these two parallel worlds.
    Wow, that sounds similar to the plot of several fan comics I have read.
  • I guess the Hasbro execs decided to ask themselves "What do bronies want?" and just took the first link from Google.
  • If this mini-movie ends with Twilight Sparkle liking a boy in this universe, but leaving him behind to go home, a la The Jetsons Meet the Flintstones...
  • If this mini-movie ends with Twilight Sparkle liking a boy in this universe, but leaving him behind to go home, a la The Jetsons Meet the Flintstones...
    Then we can use it for our panel.

• edited May 2013
    I guess the Hasbro execs decided to ask themselves "What do bronies want?" and just took the first link from Google.
    I think they looked at Monster High and asked themselves, "how can we shamelessly rip this off?"
    Post edited by Nissl on