This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Official GeekNights CounterStrike: GO Server

Comments

• I'm not there at the moment. I needed to refresh some game files that weren't matching the ones on the new map. Or something. Anyway, in 5 minutes the game will have re-downloaded.
  • There is never anybody in there when I go :(
  • I'm going in right now if anyone wants to join in?
  • Is the server un-fucked?
  • Nope still fucked
  • I can't figure out how to fix it. It's a default clean install with nothing special.
  • I got it to work by checking my local cache and redownloading game data. Then my ping was waaaaaay to high to play. Then I discovered my girlfriend was uploading video files to three different servers, plus here crash plan backup was running. Once these issues were fixed, I was alone one the server and playing really shittily.
  • It was the last round with Luke, which was tight as well, that I noticed I was phasing through walls and the odd bot would peg me through cover.

Also is it worth changing the times a little bit to make it more accessible to people outside of the EU. It would be pretty cool to make it a forum staple.
  • I'm going to try again to fix the crate thing in a moment.
  • edited March 2013
    Shit works again. I'll hang around on there for a while. Come play with me.
    Post edited by Starfox on
  • Might do later!
  • Shit works again. I'll hang around on there for a while. Come play with me.
    I may come for a bit in a bit.

• I'll be on around later
  • I'll be on after a vid clip finishes it's conversion. 5 min or so.
  • Hour/hour half for me currently eating dinner.
  • edited March 2013
    ok I'll grab something too 8:30ish prob.
    Post edited by Alan on
  • ok I'll grab something too 8:30ish prob.
    Getting off had something come up.
  • edited April 2013
    Major update downloading. "Operation payback" looks to be the big update. Top-rated workshop maps. Anyone tried it yet?

Oh. You have to pay for it. Well fuck that.
    Post edited by Starfox on
  • I've played the fuck out of it.

You get the updates anyway. The only thing paying does is pass the money on to the community contributors who made those maps and get you access to some dedicated servers running ONLY those maps for a limited time.

I'll add them to the GN server rotation whenever I have time to fuck around with the complicated configs to do so.

Also, they updated hostage rescue. It's crazy different, and much better.
  • Maps aren't on classic competitive so fuck 'em.
  • Maps aren't on classic competitive so fuck 'em.
    Play on community servers. Those can be set to run a competitive match just the same.

• You are actually donating directly to community mapmakers. My acquantice made one of the maps and he said mapmakers are splitting profit evenly. Valve takes nothing. They are using it as a vehicle to keep the game fresh, not monetize it in the classic way.
  • I'm play the 5v5 ranked match making mode with my friends.
  • Rym, you need to step up your game. My friends were not impressed ~_^
  • RymRym
    edited May 2013
    Rym, you need to step up your game. My friends were not impressed ~_^
    Your friends on their private voice chat that left two of us completely unable to coordinate with you guys? ;^)

The server was only lively between halves when I could chat with the other team. Normally, if I run into that private voicechat BS, I just quit the game immediately and play non-competitive until my temporary ban expires.

Post edited by Rym on
  • Actually, only you were not on the private voice chat. :P
  • Actually, only you were not on the private voice chat. :P
    I've been asking this a lot lately and have not received a satisfactory answer. Y U NO IN-GAME VOICE CHAT?
  • edited May 2013
    Teamspeak has better audio codecs, allows for friends to pop in and chat while we play a game, and provides a lounge between finding games. Also, it's standard between any game, meaning that if a game does not have in-game chat, we can still use the same program. Just easier to default to external program than try to fiddle with in-game.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Teamspeak has better audio codecs, allows for friends to pop in and chat while we play a game, and provides a lounge between finding games.
    Ok, but once you are in the game you can stop with that shit.

Also, there should be a feature where they hide in the background and when you join a server you automatically get connected to the appropriate Vent/Mumble/TS server. Or at least have a link in the MOTD on the server you can click that will connect you to the voice server without de-focusing the game.
  • It's really a non-issue for me. 99% of the games I play are with my friends who have access to the TS server. Often times the voice chat in CS and similar games is so annoying and worthless that I just filter that shit out by disabling all in-game chat. There is no real reason for me to even bother with it, apart from specific games such as NS2. I would have enabled it with Rym yesterday but it was really just laziness on my part.