This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Monday - RSS and Google Reader

2»

Comments

• I won't disagree there. There are way too many codes to know them all. There should be less, in my opinion. If anything, there has been talk of Medicare paying physicians based on quality of care/life/improvement vs the CPT codes billed to them.

Like if a patient was admitted and discharged and admitted again within a week to a month, the hospital would get penalized or not reimbursed.

Article in reference: http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2012/12/21/167728953/medicare-starts-to-reward-quality-not-quantity-of-care

There is also mention that the reason why health care cost among senior citizens are so high is because of the fact that physicians don't share records. There should be a universal system in which providers can share information like lab reports, x rays, and other types of treatment of patients to give efficient and cost effective care.

However, with current HIPAA laws and different types of medical documenting software, it will probably not happen anytime soon.
  • Stealing second base twice (in one play):

• Video. I can't tell what happened.
  • The financial sector has solved what hospitals can't.

We have third party private networks for all our confidential stuff. Easy to share with people who are authorized, but invisible to those who aren't.
  • I decided to try out Feedbin, which seems to be the most highly-regarded RSS service. After playing around with the web interface (which is much cleaner and faster than Google's), I set up Reeder to sync with it, and everything seems to work well. I think it's actually a bit faster than Reader's synching service, to be honest. Not bad for $20/year.
  • The only reason I was a fan of Google Reader was because it fed an RSS feed for my podcasts to various phone apps. It also made it incredibly easy to subscribe to a podcast without using iTunes which I refuse to use (some may say irrationally).
  • The only reason I was a fan of Google Reader was because it fed an RSS feed for my podcasts to various phone apps. It also made it incredibly easy to subscribe to a podcast without using iTunes which I refuse to use (some may say irrationally).
    Beyond Pod is kicking ass in that department, recommend that.

• Beyond Pod is kicking ass in that department, recommend that.

Cool, thanks for the recommendation I'll try it out.