This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Animal Crossing: City Folk (& DS Flash Card).

Comments

• I'mma be picking this up for sure. I think my friend code is back in the friend code topic, and I've added people there. I'll add it to here when I get back home.
  • Will there be the usual four homes/players per town? I am looking at the special 3DSXL for this and the game is digital not cart.
  • Per the link: http://acwiki3ds.wikispaces.com/Facts

"You can have four player profiles, but the first player created is mayor. The other three are normal residents."
  • Finally, a compelling reason for me to get a 3ds.
    I'm thinking the same thing, except I'm speaking specifically about the Sloths.
    I'm thinking the same thing, except I'm speaking specifically about the Sloths.
  • I'm definitely picking this piece of virtual goodness up in June, and will proceed to play hardcore till X/Y come out.

My system code is: 4124-5489-8826. Let me know if you add me.

I find it almost unbearable that one of my students has been playing this game in Korean for weeks and weeks now, right in front of me. And the game looks gorgeous on an XL, which I (unfortunately) do not have. But I am definitely looking forward to seeing what this iteration improves on since Wild World.
  • I am thinking about getting the animal crossing bundle, anywhere all the friend codes are listed in a spreadsheet instead of me post searching?
  • Nawp. We way too cool for organization.
  • Official English/American Animal Crossing Twitter. FOLLOW.

https://twitter.com/animalcrossing
  • edited May 2013
    Listen to this while reading it:
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited May 2013
    9AM or GTFO

However, this is from the Game Cube version. I wonder what the New Leaf will have.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I am debating the digital download vs physical game chip. With it being Animal Crossing I know I will never get rid of the game so do I really need a physical copy or should I just go digital on release day?
  • I would get physical copies of Nintendo games because what if your 3DS breaks. How easy is it to get all that stuff again on the new 3DS? It was a pain in the ass on the Wii with virtual console.
  • I think as long as you link it to your Nintendo ID all is good.
  • I've heard too many horror stories in regards to people trying to restore their Nintendo digital purchases. I'll be getting the physical copy.

Which also reminds me, I should back up my saved data for Street Passes and what not.
  • I would get physical copies of Nintendo games because what if your 3DS breaks. How easy is it to get all that stuff again on the new 3DS? It was a pain in the ass on the Wii with virtual console.
    The game is installed on your SD card, so.
    The game is installed on your SD card, so.
    Shows how much I know about 3DSes. Still using my DS Lite!
  • I forget this too. The stock SD card that came with the 3DS still has so much room.
  • Yeah, that 2GB goes a long way. Though I just upgraded to a 16GB card. Transferring the files is trivial, you just drag them straight off your old card onto your new one. You can just as easily back them up on your computer. Good call, Nintendo.
  • I haven't put down big money for a digital version of a cartridge title yet b/c I mainly buy those used, or when I hear about stores having big-time clearances and/or stackable coupons. I don't see $40 eShop titles getting any equivalent to a Steam sale, so I'll stick with the cartridges for now.

Can't deny that the eShop is awesome from convenience, though. There are some really good digital-only games there for under $10, and they do run sales bringing them down further (the Guild01 games are all $2-3 off this month). Not having to tote cartridges around and switch them out is very nice.
  • Game is on the SD card, but it's tied to a specific console. You can copy-paste between SD cards all you want, but if the console breaks you're still going to have to jump through some hoops.
  • edited May 2013
    I only have like 4 games on carts. I just like having all my games on my system instead of carrying a stupid carrying case or a bunch of boxes. If it blows up fuck it I'll probably just never have a 3ds past this point but my DS still works and is in pretty good condition I don't see anything happening to my 3DS.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • I don't think I'm really ever in a position to where I need to carry around more than one game cartridge around. I'm totally fine with that one game along with the other digital games on the 3DS.

The only time I ever lug around more than one cartridge is when I go to PAX, and even then I barely touch my 3DS.

However, with the digital purchases they automatically get your Club Nintendo account credited with coins. You just need to follow up with a survey.

As for Animal Crossing and Club Nintendo, I'm still contemplating on getting the Animal Crossing stylus and game case even though it's for regular DS games or the Animal Crossing fan.
  • I've completely bought into digital 3DS game releases. Mostly because shipping games to Korea can be a stupidly expensive task without being able to use Amazon Prime, but the other reason is that I'm always switching between games during my daily gaming repertoire and want to be able to continue where I left off at the drop of a hat without having to carry all of my cartridges with me.

As for Animal Crossing: New Leaf, I'm definitely going digital. Since I want to be able to check in every day with no cartridge switching, that just seems to be the obvious route for me to go. Plus, losing my Wild World cartridge some years back was a huge bummer and I don't want to repeat that again. If something happens to my 3DS, I'll deal with it. I back up my 3DS SD card all the time and have everything linked to my Club Nintendo account, so I still may have a chance to get the games back even without my save data.
  • Feel free to check out the Nintendo Youtube Channel for their playlist of New Leaf stuff.

• edited May 2013
    I may be getting my copy the Friday before release.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • I may be getting my copy the Friday before release.
    You better hope you live further away from me then any video game reporters or Nintendo of America employees.
  • I may be getting my copy the Friday before release.
    You better hope you live further away from me then any video game reporters or Nintendo of America employees.
    Why is that?