This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

XBox One Eighty

edited June 2013 in Video Games
If you are willing to pay hundreds of dollars just to play Forza 5 and/or Halo, this is for you. If you are too dumb to attach a computer to your television, this is actually pretty great since it does almost everything. For everyone else, just attach a computer to your television and save your money.
Post edited by Andrew on

Comments

• Show me an HTPC distro that doesn't suck.
  • edited May 2013
    The only reason we still use the Xbox is for Jeremy to play Skyrim. I think the Xbox is definitely something for certain types of gamers. I don't consider myself part of their market.

I did enjoy using voice commands for Netflix through the Kinect.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Show me an HTPC distro that doesn't suck.
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium.
    The only reason we still use the Xbox is for Jeremy to play Skyrim.
    Which is a game you can get on PC.

The only game my co-worker could name that was still XBox exclusive was Geometry Wars 2. That's one fucking expensive Geometry Wars 2.
  • Google TV is also pretty good.
  • edited May 2013
    Halo...TV show? With...Spielberg?
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Man, I do really want Forza 5. :(
  • Man, I do really want Forza 5. :(
    Is it worth the price of the whole console and such? Then go for it.
  • I guess it is also a vastly superior cable box to pretty much anything else out there. If you are someone who still has TV, it's probably worth it just for that.
  • So no one is going to say anything about how silly that name is? For a console that's third one in it's series.
  • I guess it is also a vastly superior cable box to pretty much anything else out there. If you are someone who still has TV, it's probably worth it just for that.
    We don't even have our regular cable connected to the TV despite having basic cable with our internet.
    Maybe, but have they said whether you can use all these awesome features without having an XBox Live subscription? Why should I pay Microsoft money to be able to do all the things I can do for free normally? I already have Netflix, why should I pay MS more money to access my Netflix account? I'm waiting to hear more about their online service, how much it will cost, and what you get for it.

In the meantime, like you and others have said, at the moment, this isn't a console that I'm very interested in at all.

• Isn't XBLA pretty much crap for putting out games from most indie devs?
  • Isn't XBLA pretty much crap for putting out games from most indie devs?
    Yes it is, that is why they are jumping ship to Playstation 4.

• COD DOGS.
  • I got an XBox 360 because there was a brief period where it had a lot of exciting XBLA games that were not available elsewhere. Over time, every single one of those games besides Geometry Wars 2 and Pac Man CE-DX has appeared on Steam. I learned yesterday that Pac-Man CE DX is available for Windows 8. Maybe I can pirate/crack it to run on Windows 7? Geometry Wars 2 I can live without.
  • This conference was really silly. Their audience is obvious, but it's becoming clear that each console now fits a specific niche and nothing more.
    Xbox - Bros.
    Playstation - "Hardcore" gamers
    Nintendo - Nintendo fanboys/fangirls
  • Xbox for Skyrim? Dude, PC version has huge mod community behind it. Bethesda games may be buggy but the fan base ensures an exceptional long life for their games.

I too feel ripped that in order to use services I have already paid for I have to pay MS a gateway fee (Live Gold) to use them via the Xbox. The PS3 has become my most used console.
  • Also, no backwards compatability with 360 confirmed.
    Guess Nintendo is the only backwards compatible company now.
  • Bigger fan, it seems.
  • No backwards compatibility? So my optical discs won't work. But if I sign in with my XBL account, will I be able to download XBLA games I bought on 360?
  • No backwards compatibility? So my optical discs won't work. But if I sign in with my XBL account, will I be able to download XBLA games I bought on 360?
    Did Sony say if the PS4 will do this as well?
  • All this new generation talk makes me want to finally upgrade my 2007 Core2Duo PC. If only I had the money...
  • edited May 2013

That has to be the ugliest console I've seen in a long time.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on

That has to be the ugliest console I've seen in a long time.
    Looks like an HTPC, which it is.
  • If you are willing to pay hundreds of dollars just to play Forza 5 and/or Halo, this is for you. If you are too dumb to attach a computer to your television, this is actually pretty great since it does almost everything. For everyone else, just attach a computer to your television and save your money.
    Show me a Windows PC that can play Forza or the new HALO games.
    Oh, Wait, THEY CAN'T.
  • As far as I can tell, Halo is a TV show now. And since it's not backwards compatible, you're not going to be playing your old Halo games on it.
  • PS 4 lyfe *throws up gang sign*
  • If you are willing to pay hundreds of dollars just to play Forza 5 and/or Halo, this is for you. If you are too dumb to attach a computer to your television, this is actually pretty great since it does almost everything. For everyone else, just attach a computer to your television and save your money.
    Show me a Windows PC that can play Forza or the new HALO games.
    Oh, Wait, THEY CAN'T.
    I just said that. How much are you willing to pay for two games?
  • XBLA games are NOT backwards compatible.
  • XBLA games are NOT backwards compatible.
    Welp.