This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Metroid Prime 3 Question

edited September 2007 in Video Games
For those who have the game.

How long did it take you to get used to the control scheme?

Comments

• Under a minute.
  • Guess I'm just too old for this because I am having trouble mashing up the moving with the stick and facing with the wiimote.
  • Guess I'm just too old for this because I am having trouble mashing up the moving with the stick and facing with the wiimote.
    It was easy because it is very similar to controlling an fps with a mouse and keyboard. Aiming with the right hand, moving with the left hand.
  • I like it, but the game is harder than I thought. How do I get to the 2 control things in Bryyo? (After you get the map)
  • I like it, but the game is harder than I thought. How do I get to the 2 control things in Bryyo? (After you get the map)
    Look at the map. Try to go where the question marks are. If you can't get there, look around. Use every item at your disposal. Scan everything. Read what you scan.
  • Last night I played the game for close to three hours and never got sick! I may be cured of my FPS nausea problem.

I am still on Bryyo but I just blew up the generators and I'm on my way to the end battle.

There were only a few spots where I got stuck and those were cases were I went somewhere before I should go there. for example, when knocking out the jammers I had not yet upgraded my ship. I spent about 10 minutes trying to figure out how to knock those jammers offline before figuring that I needed to do something else first.

This game is not hard on the normal level. It is just a bunch of puzzles with some combat thrown in.
  • I regret not playing on the Veteran level first, as was the intent.
  • I regret not playing on the Veteran level first, as was the intent.
    Yes, the normal mode was way easy.
  • edited October 2007
    The normal level is way easy but I am more interested in playing the game for the puzzle solving than for the combat. I had a heck of a time as it was dealing with the two flying guys while knocking the second gun emplacement out.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • I picked up this head to one of the war machines on Bryo with my ship. what do I do with it?
  • GameFAQs.
  • They need a good search feature for their forums. I finally found it after searching by hand through ten pages of forum posts.
  • They need a good search feature for their forums. I finally found it after searching by hand through ten pages of forum posts.
    You don't use the forums, you use the FAQs.
  • I tried using the FAQ but I did not want to read it all the way through, I just read the parts that i have already completed. I alos had no idea what to search the FAQ for. Searching for "head" would likely give me too many results. I'm not exactly playing the game in FAQ order. I keep going and leaving the derelict ship as I find energy tanks. As I get new weapons I go back and open doors I could not open on the earlier planets.

I am supposed to be on the Pirate home world right now but I have been backtracking instead. At this point i am guessing that the things that say they need energy to unlock require some beam weapon after the heat beam.

I would not have bothered asking at all but I wanted to save the game and quite playing. The only save point available to me is my ship, which was carrying the head!
  • You can put the head back and try again later.