This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Animal Crossing: City Folk (& DS Flash Card).

Comments

• I may be getting my copy the Friday before release.
    You better hope you live further away from me then any video game reporters or Nintendo of America employees.
    Why is that?
    I'm a little too stoked for this game. I may need to commit a crime.
  • I may be getting my copy the Friday before release.
    You better hope you live further away from me then any video game reporters or Nintendo of America employees.
    Why is that?
    I'm a little too stoked for this game. I may need to commit a crime.
    What's your code Colby so that we can add you?
  • I pre-ordered my copy over the weekend. Really looking forward to this game, especially when their twitter keeps posting new vids.
  • Yeah, I remember an interview a third party did with the translators at NOA back when Wild World came out. A fun, hour long podcast interview.
  • I'll check back with my code- maybe. If I have a large number of real life friends pick it up, that may sate me. I mostly play solo.
  • To me Animal Crossing is boring as hell unless you have a large group to go with you in on. Solo is simply boring and forces you to cheat often in it.
  • It's mainly a solo game. The only reason to really have friends is to get the other fruit into your town a lot faster than as a present. Not to forget, getting certain pieces of the furniture sets.
  • It's mainly a solo game. The only reason to really have friends is to get the other fruit into your town a lot faster than as a present. Not to forget, getting certain pieces of the furniture sets.
    lest we forget

• Calendar events. Similar to GC & Wii versions, with extra stuff.

These are seriously good informational videos to prepare ourselves for the reckoning.

Also: I WANT ALL THOSE PLUSHIES ON THAT TABLE!!
  • I am so excited.
  • edited May 2013
    Same here. I also preordered the Prima strategy guide. I have all the previous ones as well. I know guides are outdated, but for this game it isn't. I need to keep track of what I've collected. Also DJ K.K. And new songs. You can also hang up his records in your wall and they have different cover art.

SO AWESOME!

Also watch all the videos on the playlist I linked above. I just finished them and have a plan to when I start my town.

Edit: FYI the character max for your town name is still 8. I'm trying to make a cool name for my town with my cat Digit's name. Can't think of anything. >_<
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I want cool townsfolk if I get just sporty cats im gonna be pissed
  • Lucky, the bandaged dog, and Tangy or Rosie are most haves for my town. There are others, but can't think of them.
  • Please don't letterbomb your animal crossing neighbours.
  • A comic by that Alex guy (the one who was the first to be eliminated from Strip Search).

http://www.wanderlustkid.com/comic/animal-doublecrossing/

• Save up your Play Coins! They can be used for in game fortune cookies to get items.

I shouldn't have wasted so many on the stupid puzzle pieces. Time to get walking with the 3DS!
  • Whaaaaa, I'm glad I've been saving up my coins for the last week. I had planned to buy a bunch of puzzle pieces to try to fill out my puzzle collection a bit, but this is definitely more pressing. :D

I just looked at the list of items you can get with fortune cookies. I don't know if I want to spoil it for anybody, but wow, they are pretty fantastic. Definitely worth it.
  • This makes me so happy. So very happy.
  • Best Buy Offers Exclusive Animal Crossing: New Leaf SpotPass Content.

Just go into Best Buy for a Spot Pass and get exclusive furniture. Here is the schedule:

June 16th to June 29th – RACCOON WALL-CLOCK
    June 30th to July 13th – CAT TOWER
    July 14th to July 27th – SUITCASE
    July 28th to August 10th – DOUBLE NECK GUITAR

Also Nintendo's Japanese website of Animal Crossing wallpapers. If you look at the K.K. Slider one, you can see the various album art that you can hang on your wall from songs you can get from him every Saturday.

• I ordered my copy through an independent store and the owner got me some posters and such.
  • Fucking love the one where he is riding the motorcycle
  • The larger images have more album art.
  • edited May 2013
    I might be crazy, but some of those covers look like parodies of Bemani track artwork. The blue one in the middle on the top row especially reminds me of something but I can't put my finger on it.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited June 2013
    Here is the ad from Best Buy so you can see the items you get from their Spot Pass.

Oh mans, that wall clock and cat tree.

Less than a week! I am work on getting my 10 coins today to be at 260. Easily on my way to get the max of 300 by the time the game comes out.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • This is one of those times where I living around the corner from a Best buy is actually going to help. I wonder if I can get more than one of each item...
  • More than likely no. It should be one spot pass per system. You could try. I haven't seen any reliable sources online from a quick search. I'm happy with just one item.
  • I missed a bunch of Pokemon events recently even though those were done over internet! There is a best buy near where I work so will have to drive by once a week.
  • I've subscribed to this blog for AC. Here is a quick guide about the town ordinances you can do as Mayor. It helps for those who have time constraints along on certain elements of the game. Note you can only have one ordinance up at a time.
    What Are Ordinances?

Ordinances may sound a bit complicated, but it's just a fancy word for laws and as mayor, it's your job to enact them! Choose from one of four different ordinances and, for a small fee, you can have a town that behaves in a way that suits your unique experience...

Keep Your Town Beautiful
    Want to keep your town looking gorgeous? Then choose this ordinance to stop your flowers from wilting, prevent rubbish from appearing and keep those pesky weeds at bay!

Early Bird
    If you prefer to enjoy Animal Crossing: New Leaf as the sun comes up, set this ordinance to make all of the shops open earlier and have your citizens get up at the crack of dawn!

Night Owl
    The reverse of the Early Bird ordinance, this allows you to continue shopping long into the night and stay up watching the stars with all the new friends you make in your town.

Bell Boom
    One for wealthy mayors! Set this ordinance to increase the amount you'll get for recycling items and the number of medals you win on the island. It'll also increase the prices you'll pay for items, though…
  • It's a bummer those are the only ordinances and you can only have one at a time. So you can either go for more bells and not be able to access your stores if you only play in the morning. Or you can have your stores open later but have to also spend that time dealing with more weeds etc. it would be nice to tweak those parameters a bit more accurately but I don't think it's that bad.