This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GitS: Arise

edited February 2013 in Anime
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-12/ghost-in-the-shell/arise-anime-details-outlined

It's coming.

It appears to be pretty obviously a prequel. They're showing what appears to be the major getting her adult cyborg body for the first time and being recruited into Section 9 by a non-grey haird Aramaki.

People are complaining about the non-Yoko Kanno music and that the Major is doing a Kaneda (from Akira) cosplay with the red clothes.

I have confidence it will be good for two reasons.

1) Production I.G.
2) They didn't forget to have a shot of The Major falling off a building backwards.

I would rather have a full TV series than four 50 minute parts, but I'll take what I can get.

Maaya Sakamoto voice acting is controversial for some reason. I don't care.

There's also going to be some sort of GitS online "Hacking FPS". It will probably suck. If you want to play GitS: the game, just play Android: Netrunner.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-02-12/ghost-in-the-shell-online-game-to-be-hacking-fps

Comments

• I like Maaya Sakamoto. She got her start as Hitomi in Escaflowne.
  • There's also going to be some sort of GitS online "Hacking FPS". It will probably suck. If you want to play GitS: the game, just play Android: Netrunner.
    It would have to be that plus CounterStrike.

Actually, Deus X: Human Revolution + Netrunner-style hacking would be exactly this game.

• So it's a reboot prequel? Since Togusa didn't join Section 9 until the beginning of Stand Alone Complex.
  • If it wasn't for that first capitalised S, I'd almost think the thread title was asking me to stand.
  • So it's a reboot prequel? Since Togusa didn't join Section 9 until the beginning of Stand Alone Complex.
    You really think any of the GitS go with each other? I always thought it was more of a Leijiverse situation.

I guess all the manga that is written by Shirow goes together. And the original movie and Innocence go together. But Innocence and GitS2: Man-Machine Interface do not make sense together at all. Stand Alone Complex with both gigs and Solid State Society make sense together, but do not really make sense with the movies or manga. I see Arise as a new thing that isn't going to fit with the others.
  • Looks pretty good so far, it would be cool to see section nine in its younger years and how they grew. The majors design i interesting like everyone else se seems rather young .
  • Looks pretty good so far, it would be cool to see section nine in its younger years and how they grew. The majors design i interesting like everyone else se seems rather young .
    Robot body so... no aging.
    Robot body so... no aging.
    You know what I mean.

• I'm paying attention. I found GitS:SAC rather lack luster (I only watched the first disc, so if it got more exiting later I wouldn't know), so I'm skeptical. I definitely won't watch it every week, but I'll definitely try it when it's done.
  • Promotion in Roppongi Hills

• Wow, they really changed Saito's character model.
  • I am sufficiently pumped about this.
  • I might do a SAC marathon to prepare myself.
  • I think Saito looks closer to the original manga design.
  • I thought Ranger eyes were supposed to be white?
  • I am ok with this.
  • Explain to me why The Major needs a Microsoft Surface when her brain has a wireless Internet connection.

• Explain to me why The Major needs a Microsoft Surface when her brain has a wireless Internet connection.
    Future hipster maybe?

Future hipster maybe?
    "Vinyl just has a warmer sound than digital"
    "But your ears are digital..."
  • "Check it out RS232 man"

Liking the manga also so far. The backgrounds are also very detailed.
  • You can watch the first 8 minutes now.

http://www.themarysue.com/ghost-in-the-shell-arise/

IT'S GOOD