This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Urasawa!

edited June 2013 in Manga/Comics
Finished 20th Century Boys over the weekend. Just started Pluto. This guy is amazing. I haven't read a lot of manga but the only thing I've read that comes close to either of these is Tezuka's Buddah series. Wow. Just freakin' wow.

Comments

• Pluto is probably the best. If you were able to stick with 20th Century Boys the whole way through, then read Monster. Also check out Master Keaton.
  • I Love Monster and Pluto, I really enjoy 20th Century Boys but I have a hard time when it shifted to the daughter and I realized how long that manga was. Someday I'll get back to it.
  • Master Keaton will be next on my list. Enjoying Pluto a great deal. I stuck with 20th Century Boys because it had hooked me so deeply. It definitely could have been shorter.
  • I can't wait for the US live action Monster to come out. Hope they don't screw it up.
  • edited June 2013
    I'm hopeful because it's del Toro directing. The 20CB movies were unwatchable to me.
    Post edited by Constantine on
  • I'm hopeful because it's del Toro directing. The 20CB movies were unwatchable to me.
    What made them bad to you? I want to check them out eventually, and I'd like to know what about them did not work for you?
  • I'm hopeful because it's del Toro directing. The 20CB movies were unwatchable to me.
    Having finished the manga and never watched the movies, I planned to try them at some point, but maybe I'll just skip them like I skipped the Monster anime.