This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Saints Row 4

edited June 2013 in Video Games
Are you pumped? If not, why not? If so, you're in the right.

Let's get this party started.

Comments

• I wonder why they didn't take the bad ending from SR3? It actually would make more sense if they pulled it off as to why they are focusing in on the same location. Ah well.
  • I don't care, I don't care about continuity, don't care much about story depth, that's not what the game is about. Having said that, I will most definitely pre-order the shit out of it.
  • I will definitely get that game. I just want to know, though, is there still going to be the same level of character customization that there was in the last game?
  • I hope so, I want my soviet femme fatale back!
  • I feel like when developing these games they get a group of four-year-olds in a room and pitch them ideas until one is so absurd that they cannot imagine it.
  • I feel like when developing these games they get a group of four-year-olds in a room and pitch them ideas until one is so absurd that they cannot imagine it.
    And your point is?
  • edited June 2013
    Nothing, Axe Cop is awesome.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • It's Saints Row meets the Matrix. In a way it legitimizes all the insane stuff that's happened in the other games.
  • I think the other games were in the real world and they've been captured just in this game.
  • I kinda want that preorder gun GameStop is advertising.
  • And you will get it in time, my lad. Have patience.
    No! No! BAD fellow FRCF!

No! No! BAD fellow FRCF!
    Have you SEEN that thing? Its a minigun with an m203, m16, shotgun, and rocket launcher attachments! It is rightly named 'Merica.

• This is all I see when I see that weapon:
  • I have seen it now. I let totalbiscuit stand by my side regardless.
  • edited June 2013
    IIRC, isn't his position that you should consider carefully what you're getting, supporting and encouraging before you preorder, and the circumstances around it(ie, Review embargos) rather than never pre-order ever?

I mean, I've pre-ordered Payday 2(hands up who saw that coming - okay now, hands down literally everybody), but I do that having seen plenty of in-game footage both independently recorded and recorded with the devs, plenty of info, plenty of commentary, and it's the rather expansive sequel to a game I already really enjoyed. The only thing you get that's in-game that others don't is a modified Red-dot sight that doesn't perform better, it's just cosmetic, and some cosmetic mask gubbins. They've been open, they're not doing embargos(hell, they're doing practically the opposite) they've been fair, and their bonuses are not locking out in-game content, they're giving extra. Was I wrong in pre-ordering this and encouraging this good behavior by a smaller developer, just because it's a pre-order?

Side note - It's a bit fucking rich TB talking about not being able to be wrong, and deriding people for viciously attacking people who disagree with them. As much as I like a lot of his content, that's a startling lack of self-awareness he's got going on, there.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited June 2013
    Pre ordering provided a great deal of entertainment before NS2 was officially released.
    Post edited by Casa Vino on