This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Overheard at Anime Boston

edited June 2013 in GeekNights

Overheard at Anime Boston

This was overheard in the audience while we were preparing to present Judge Anime by its Cover at Anime Boston 2013. It turns out there is at least one person out there who's tastes are dictated by how obscure something is.

Source Link

Comments

• Not gonna lie. I was expecting it to be something I said. Kinda relieved that it wasn't.
  • Oh the poor poor nerdy hipster. Their tastes are dictated more by the flow of the mainstream than anyone else's.
  • Um, that's an incredibly dumb reason not to like something. >_< Who goes through life like that?
  • Pretentious assholes.
  • I used to not like things because other people liked them, but then not liking things because other people like them became mainstream.
  • Pretentious assholes.
    Said the girl that denies her love of Twilight because it became popular.

• Pretentious assholes.
    Said the girl that denies her love of Twilight because it became popular.
    No, that's because it's a shameful pleasure.
  • No, that's because it's a shameful pleasure.
    We all have our shameful pleasures. That's part of the reason why I don't let anyone see what songs I have on my iPhone...
    We all have our shameful pleasures. That's part of the reason why I don't let anyone see what songs I have on my iPhone...
    No reason to be ashamed. Let me show you my KPOP Playlist that is right next to my Utena, Queen, Utena, and Daft Punk playlists.

• I have no shame of my iPhone music, but then again I reserve certain playlists not being played around certain people.
    No reason to be ashamed. Let me show you my KPOP Playlist that is right next to my Utena, Queen, Utena, and Daft Punk playlists.

I'm not sure if I'd consider any of that stuff shameful. :)

Also I was exaggerating the shamefulness of my playlists. I've got no problem with people seeing how I have Rick Astley on my playlist honestly because I find his tunes catchy and not because I intend to rickroll people (although the ability to rickroll people is a plus).

That's not enough Utena playlists.