This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Animal Crossing: City Folk (& DS Flash Card).

Comments

• Wait, aren't you the mayor? Can't you raise taxes for things like bridge building?
    Bonds?
  • Wait, aren't you the mayor? Can't you raise taxes for things like bridge building?
    Bonds?
    Seizure of assets?

Bonds?
    Seizure of assets?

Human Trafficking?

• That's Tom Nook's turf. You ever wonder why some people 'leave town' and all the leave you is a note? Someone didn't pay up on their mortgage.
  • Once you get the town development card, you can start doing town improvements/projects. You and the townspeople donate toward it. You give the money to an gyroid named Lloid that is at the location of the project.
  • Oh mans. Island Tours and the Island is fucking brilliant along with storage box. Nintendo did a great job with this game.
  • Do the townspeople really contribute anything (and if so, anything substantial?) toward the public project loan? I also selected bridge this morning before reading all you had done the same. Haha beautiful efficiency. Gotta get around.

Sahara came for me when I had a tent so missed her. Love the balloon trick that I've also been using since Ro first posted it. Got a bed and chair. Tortimer just showed up this morning so gotta wait until tomorrow for the island boat.

I agree Nintendo did a great job here. I should hate Animal Crossing but I am loving it. Whyyyyyy.
  • Make sure you put everything in the box before leaving the island. There is no, "you are carrying stuff" warning before you boars the boat. I lost a tortimer trophy or something I got on a beetle tour because of that.
  • My gate is open.
  • My gate is open.
    Rowr.

• What's the name of your town,Steve?
  • Cathaven. Let me turn it back on.
  • Cool. I'll just get the axe and head out. I'll drop some furniture for ya.
  • Shhhiiiittt. It's closed. :(
  • I like how they don't even let you express your opinion of Sahara's work to him. I was lukewarm on the renovation and he's just like "How do you like it? Yeah I can tell you like my work."
    saharah is a a girl
  • Does she refer to herself as a she or is this knowledge I should just have because her model is sexually ambiguous.
  • City is open with cherries.
  • The carpet she gave me was awesome. The wallpaper not so much, but worth it.
  • Suspension bridge paid off.
  • I've made it my goal to collect every musical instrument in the game. There are a lot of them. Today I got a pipe organ, taiko drum, and acoustic guitar from streetpasses.
  • Does she refer to herself as a she or is this knowledge I should just have because her model is sexually ambiguous.
    her name has an h at the end, which i assume makes it a parody of the name sarah
    her name has an h at the end, which i assume makes it a parody of the name sarah
    I looked on the Animal Crossing Wiki and apparently she is considered a male character in the Japanese versions? But a female in all others. Kinda weird.

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Saharah
  • I've made it my goal to collect every musical instrument in the game. There are a lot of them. Today I got a pipe organ, taiko drum, and acoustic guitar from streetpasses.
    You're welcome to my metal guitar if we ever meet up.

• edited June 2013
    So as mentioned before this Saturday is the Bug-Off. Here is what the guide says for those participating.
    When the weather warms up, keep an eye out for Nat at the plaza, who runs a special event called the Bug-Off. Nat just loves bugs and hopes everyone in town will bring him lots. You have until 6PM to blow away your neighbors by bringing Nat the best bugs in town!

Nat will sell you a net for a fair price if you don't have one. Now it's up to you! Spend the day catching bugs all around town. Show Nat each insect you catch, and he'll grade it based on rarity, size, and "luster". Nat gives your bug a score, then tells you who currently holds the best record.

Bug-Off Prizes

Each time you give Nat a bug that breaks the current first place record, he gives you a special price, as indicated in the table in the book. It's therefore best to give Nat your smallest and most common bugs first, aiming to break the first place record over and over to score lots of goodies. Nat also gives you a high score to shoot for--if you can reach that lofty goal, he'll hand you something really special!

TIP!

Show Nat your completed insect encyclopedia, and he'll reward your masterful bug-catching with a golden net! Use this ultimate net to nab the best bugs in town.

Award Ceremony

Milking Nat for prizes is fin--just make sure you're in first place when the clock nears 6PM. At the Stroke of 6, the tourney ends, and Nat holds a special ceremony inside his tent. Enter the tent between 6 and 9PM to receive your trophy!
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Those Nooks are dicks, why can't they sell me an axe?
  • Because you no longer get an axe through them. You have to get it thru the Gardening Store from Leif. He sells the basic axe.

You can also try to get the Silver Axe for 8 medals on the Island, but it's rare.
  • Because you no longer get an axe through them. You have to get it thru the Gardening Store from Leif. He sells the basic axe.

You can also try to get the Silver Axe for 8 medals on the Island, but it's rare.
    Cmon Leif open shop so I can get cutting!

• So yeah. Get to the Island and do the tours. With extra time in the areas, loot the trees for rare fruit and you can take it with you. Soooooo hax.
  • Wow, that didn't even occur to me.
  • Yeah there's a bunch of new fruits they added that are on the island.