This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Android: Netrunner

Comments

• I really want to make a Whizzard deck that runs Imp, Medium, Demolition Run, and Account Siphon. I don't know if it can win, but it will be evil. The corp will have to seriously defend HQ and R+D or I'll take their credits and send all their cards to the trash.
  • All of my current decks are on Google Docs and Meteor, but Meteor is probably easier.

http://netrunner.meteor.com/users/mobvXq6hS8mnnYykk
  • All three runners from C&C are revealed.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4195

Only Rielle Kit Peddler seems viable. I think people will user her to make criminal style aggressive decks with a shaper identity the same way people use Andromeda to make Shaper style decks with the criminal identity.
  • Dat Professor.
  • Dat Professor.
    Will be useless and silly. A boring shaper with 1 of every program. Not enough enough influence to get special order. He really will need some other cards to help him boost the memory big time to have all those one-off programs installed.
  • edited June 2013
    I made this new deck. I don't know if it can win a tournament, but it won at the meetup a few times. It's also super fun. Definitely my new favorite deck to play.

I posted a writeup on /r/Netrunner and x-posted to BGG

http://www.reddit.com/r/Netrunner/comments/1gnha9/deck_jinteki_dedicated_to_replication/

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/993995/deck-jinteki-dedicated-to-replication

Dedicated to Replication (49 cards)

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection

Agenda (10)
    3 Braintrust
    3 Fetal AI
    3 Nisei MK II
    1 Private Security Force

Asset (16)
    2 Dedicated Response Team
    2 Dedicated Server
    3 Encryption Protocol
    3 Melange Mining Corp
    3 PAD Campaign
    3 Snare!

Upgrade (2)
    2 Akitaro Watanabe

Operation (3)
    3 Hedge Fund

Barrier (2)
    2 Wall of Thorns

Code Gate (8)
    2 Cell Portal
    2 Chum
    2 Enigma
    2 Sensei

Sentry (6)
    2 Data Raven
    1 Ichi 1.0
    3 Neural Katana

ICE (2)
    2 Chimera
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • All the old data pack reprints should be in stock right about now at your online or physical gaming stores.
  • All the old data pack reprints should be in stock right about now at your online or physical gaming stores.
    Sweet. I know where my DMing store credit is going.

• Ugh. I've been too caught up in other shit that I forgot about the last data pack. I haven't even touched my decks since the last pack.

Jeremy went to a local comic shop to play with some new peoples. I'll try to go to the next one, but I got too much other shit going on. BOO. A data pack a month is too much for me.
  • Ugh. I've been too caught up in other shit that I forgot about the last data pack. I haven't even touched my decks since the last pack.

Jeremy went to a local comic shop to play with some new peoples. I'll try to go to the next one, but I got too much other shit going on. BOO. A data pack a month is too much for me.
    Due to circumstances I have an extra Future Proof (newest data pack).

NEXT MONTH IS BIG BOX!!!

Month after that, Spin Cycle.
  • OOOH. Gimme if you aren't going to do anything with it. ^_~

Seriously no time or monies for this shit.
  • edited June 2013
    Yeah I might wait a bit on the new stuff. I haven't been able to organize any games lately and I haven't even unboxed the last data pack and haven't even really looked at the one before it. They are coming out with this new content at a rate I can't really keep up with.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Honestly, if you aren't playing the game on a regular basis, at least 3 times a month, you probably shouldn't buy any expansions. Just keep the core set as a great two player game. It's only worth it to buy everything if you are going to get serious and stay serious.
  • Honestly, if you aren't playing the game on a regular basis, at least 3 times a month, you probably shouldn't buy any expansions. Just keep the core set as a great two player game. It's only worth it to buy everything if you are going to get serious and stay serious.
    Yeah that's what I've been realizing. I was playing pretty frequently at first and so the first few data packs were fun to use but the latter half of the Genesis cycle I basically bought because my desire for completion was burning.
  • I may get the Big Box and just stop for a while. I plan to get back into things, but just need to plan it.
  • edited June 2013
    If they changed Netrunner day from Sunday to Saturday (or made it earlier than 7pm) at Card Kingdom I would play so much more.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Yeah. Stupid Magic.
  • The frequency with which they release data packs actually has me less interested in the game... Not that I don't enjoy it, but I don't like situations where I JUST NEED MY HIT OMGLOB
  • The frequency with which they release data packs actually has me less interested in the game... Not that I don't enjoy it, but I don't like situations where I JUST NEED MY HIT OMGLOB
    It wasn't a surprise. It was well known in advance that this is a $15 a month game, just like all the other LCGs. It's still way way way cheaper than Money: The Wasting.
  • Before this, I was absolutely unfamiliar with LCGs. You popped the game out and it was too awesome not to play. You can say "It is known." But I am a foreigner in these here parts.
  • Careful. You'll be accused of not doing your homework or not listening to Scott....
  • If they changed Netrunner day from Sunday to Saturday (or made it earlier than 7pm) at Card Kingdom I would play so much more.
    The comic book store near us said that their board gaming community is pretty small (players mostly on Saturdays). and almost non existent on Sunday. It would be cool to get something more going there.
  • If they changed Netrunner day from Sunday to Saturday (or made it earlier than 7pm) at Card Kingdom I would play so much more.
    The comic book store near us said that their board gaming community is pretty small (players mostly on Saturdays). and almost non existent on Sunday. It would be cool to get something more going there.
    What it be called?
  • Fantasium Comics and Games in Federal Way. http://www.fantasiumcomics.com I am busy all day Saturday, but might be available Sunday. Their open board gaming times are 3:30-7 p.m.
  • Good news guys! I am now proud owner of the A:N base set. Aria and I've been playing it, and though we haven't fully explored all the corporation, or started building custom decks, I've enjoyed my games so far.
  • Fantasium Comics and Games in Federal Way. http://www.fantasiumcomics.com I am busy all day Saturday, but might be available Sunday. Their open board gaming times are 3:30-7 p.m.
    Hmm I might consider that. I'm busy all this weekend but perhaps I can check it out next weekend. It's still pretty far out though.
  • Maybe we could figure out a place a bit further north, like Renton or something. I am not familiar with the area enough to know of any places that have "take of table space" availability.
  • Here is the list of the top decks at the Washington Regionals. Pretty sure I've played one of the guys in the top 8.
  • Enhance. ENHANCEEE!

• Since this is still a new game, is there any holy grail of noob mistakes? I just have bought the base game and I am trying to get my local gaming crew in on it. Luckily for me, there is a meetup in my home city. I live in a city in Canada that has only 220,000 people and is hours from another major center. I searched board game geeks and found this article

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/894585/practices-to-help-beginner-corporations

Is that the relevant and true? Any other good tips and pointers?