This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX PRIME 2013 4 days of PAX-TRAVAGANZA!

Comments

• Just ran into a retired teacher in her sixties wearing a Pax East T-shirt...
  • I'm already having PAX dreams with ScRym and the gang. 2 months. 2 more months.
  • I thought I was the only one who that happened to.
  • I'm already having PAX dreams with ScRym and the gang. 2 months. 2 more months.
    You mean thirteen days.
  • This is the Prime thread. You Aussies can have your own PAX thread and eat it too!

..with melba toast
  • I know. But ours is REAL soon. All that PAX goodness, that much quicker.

Not a fan of Melba toast. Give me a Peach Melba any day.
    Screw you guys. I'll go have my own PAX. With black jack. And poisonous spiders. You know what? Forget the PAX!
  • edited July 2013
    Food everyone must get: Sausage Rolls (pretty good), a decent meat pie (fucking delicious), a REAL street kebab (unless you've had one in Europe). A nice cut of lamb.

Trying to think of other delicious foods...

Oh wait wrong thread.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Don't forget a good Chicken Parma.
  • edited July 2013
    Don't forget a good Chicken Parma.
    I know DYoshii and the New Game Plus crew (TV show in AUS about video games) have an OBSESSION with Chicken Parm to the point that their audio shows are called Parmacasts.

Post edited by Coldguy on
  • edited July 2013
    Oh word. Get a slice of a good pavlova too. FUCKING DELICIOUS.

Goddamn, I need to get back over to Australia sometime soon.

So many things I want.

EDIT: Forgot about lamingtons, although I'm sorta luekwarm on those. Plenty of cookies (biscuits) to be had from the store as well. I always tell people to try vegemite but people don't ever really give it a chance so I gave up on doing that. It's goddamn good on a slice of toast. I've found it good with lettuce in a sandwich as well.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Don't forget a good Chicken Parma.
    BTW, I checked out that Aussie pie place. It was quite good.
  • There's a food truck that is sort of in the area that claims they have Aussie pies. I keep meaning to check it out and see how real they are. Most I've seen in the states aren't the same.
  • edited July 2013
    There's a food truck that is sort of in the area that claims they have Aussie pies. I keep meaning to check it out and see how real they are. Most I've seen in the states aren't the same.
    If you don't see a four and twenty packet, sue them for false advertising.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I just had a panel accepted, so I'm putting up my 4 1-day passes for sale for the at-sale price of $120. Email me at alexleavitt@gmail.com.
  • I just had a panel accepted, so I'm putting up my 4 1-day passes for sale for the at-sale price of $120. Email me at alexleavitt@gmail.com.
    NOICE.
  • edited July 2013
    Music Lineup was announced for Prime, here is the inside scoop:

Adam Warrock: Good rapper but show will suck since he uses foul language in his normal set, and Khoo would want to keep it kid friendly. See CTcon concert (I was there and while good, not his best work).

Bit Brigade: Before going to the show approach their booth and ask them what game they are playing. If it is anything but MegaMan 2 go see the show, otherwise skip it and watch the MAGfest X performance instead.

Hideo: GO SEE THIS SHOW take all of the class of VGO and remove the bad parts. I have their sampler CD and it is amazing.

MC Frontalot/Protomen: Do I even need to talk about them?

Megaran: See his set, does amazing work with video game beats in actual rap songs.

Super Guitar Bros: I have not seen them myself but Main stage at MAGFest and Bit Gen tells me that they're solid.

The DoubleClicks: Avoid them, they are like JOCO but with more nerd baiting songs, and less humor.

Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Wait, kid friendly? Joco sings "First of May" almost every year. ;^)
  • Wait, kid friendly? Joco sings "First of May" almost every year. ;^)
    Warrock is much more adult than that song, if Khoo let's him go nuts with his normal set then you can see him.
  • Hey, so you know the iron-on PAX patches you get if you buy enough merch? As you know, I've been to every PAX since '08, but only twice have I spent enough money on merch to get the patch. I've got PAX AUS 2013 and PAX East 2013 patches, and that's it. I would use the patch if it didn't have the year on it. Because it has the year, it looks stupid unless I have a full set to put on a bag or jacket.

Does anyone

a) have the rest of the patches so I can get a full set?

or

b) want the two patches I do have?
  • I would gladly take those patches off your hands.
  • No. Just bring to Prime to give to me. You know, as a consolation prize for being recently dethroned and all by that dude, Matt Morgan.

My reign will come again!
  • Looks like dat schedule be up.
  • Do they always put Brandon? Or just this time?
  • Do they always put Brandon? Or just this time?
    It's semi-random.
  • He's going down to just the one name, like Madonna and Cher.
  • THE BADGES ARE IN THE MAIL

I REPEAT

THE BADGES ARE IN THE MAIL
  • I didn't really see any Board Game focused panels on the schedule this year... Although I may have missed something.
  • I guess they are still sort of adding to the list? When it first came up the Giant Bomb live show wasn't on the schedule but now it is.