This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Wednesday - Little Witch Academia

2»

Comments

• I really want to Kickstart this, but I literally want none of the tiers.
    Then Kickstart it for the purpose of being a patron and don't check off any rewards.
  • edited July 2013
    What the fuck is this bullshit? There is no tier for an HD download? Fuck your blu-rays. The only download is standard def? I really want to Kickstart this, but I literally want none of the tiers. I'll just pirate the blu-ray rip.
    I'd just give them polite feedback asking for it as a tier, as I already did asking for a soundtrack and clarification on limited/standard. This is clearly a learning process. These guys had never even heard of Kickstarter before people started mentioning it constantly on their videos. There's lots of stuff about the way this is presented that's a little wonky, but it's definitely a good-faith effort.
    Post edited by Nissl on
  • I really want to Kickstart this, but I literally want none of the tiers.
    Then Kickstart it for the purpose of being a patron and don't check off any rewards.
    Nope. By not offering an HD download and promoting physical media, I have now turned against them. I'll just pirate it out of spite if there is no HD download reward tier. I sent in a request asking for it. We'll see what happens.

Learning process my ass. HD download is common sense. Trigger has proven to be very savvy and understanding of the modern world. No excuses. Death to Blu-Ray. The fact that physical media for movies and music still even exists is offensive to me. I can't wait for the 2020s when that shit is finally dead for all eternity.
  • edited July 2013
    You should do a podcast on this (or maybe it's in the archives already, but I don't know what I would search for). Never knew you were so passionate.

Personally I just grab digital sources of whatever I hear buzz about and then try very very hard to find some way to pay for it - including physical merch if necessary - if I liked it enough to finish it. Easy enough.
    Post edited by Nissl on
  • They're already up past $100,000 now. Here's to hoping they'll make their goal by the morning!
  • Goal hit in just a hair over 4.5 hours. Impressive showing.
  • Good news people do like good animes, and are willing to pay for it!

Bad news, people still like blu-rays and wasting plastic.
  • I'm still wondering why the Animesols people didn't just use Kickstarter...
    I think this really shows the power of having a non-shady web site. Yes, there are lots of people who don't know better, but there are also lots of people who do.
  • edited July 2013
    I'll probably pay for the download and then get an HD rip online anyways. I don't even care, I just want more LWA. I think I'm most happy that they're proposing a seemingly reasonable goal for their funding level - no huge stretch promises, just a $150k worth of animation.
    Now let's hope they get so much funding they can afford to make it a miniseries.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
    I've seen some griping about this on Twitter this morning. Don't hate me but it's the first I ever even heard of the site.

For them, I think it would really make sense to do at least a couple KS drives for their most sure things just to get the hype going and prove they can deliver. Then they could try to transition into being a pure anime KS. But it's a problem that I'm not sure what differentiates them from KS at this point.

Also I just ran into their ads on /a/ when I went to check for LWA discussion, and they didn't say anything about what their site does, just announced a contest for a trip to Japan. Poor marketing. I would just assume it's a scam if I didn't know better.
  • Echoing Daryl Surat this morning on twitter, I wish Trigger would follow this up ASAP with an Inferno Cop-related Kickstarter. I don't care whether it's a physical media release, a set of merchandise, another season, whatever. I just want more like Inferno Cop.
  • KS to create a real Inferno Cop, arm him, and send him out into the streets.
  • Good news people do like good animes, and are willing to pay for it!

Bad news, people still like blu-rays and wasting plastic.
    Not all of us have lightning fast internet. You could ask them about adding a tier for high def downloads, though.

• Trigger is now polling as to whether to do a dub with a bit of their stretch money. Right now, roughly 75% have voted various forms of no.

https://www.facebook.com/st.trigger?ref=hl
  • edited July 2013
    Update with stretch goals. I guess they got more money than they could animate with their other commitments.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1311401276/little-witch-academia-2/posts/534304

Unfortunately I don't really care about merch, documentaries, or commentary tracks. It's cool, I'll just drop a couple tiers and have more cash for the next show that comes along.
    Post edited by Nissl on
  • The stretch goals were hit easily, adding some nice goodies to the $100 tier, and it's now at 525k. Four days left, if anyone was planning to donate.
  • Still no HD download.