This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Connecticon 2013 Staffing and Panels

Comments

• edited July 2013
    The question is, how is the library going to be this year!

Jordan, What's the panel you are doing?
    The library of games at CTCon is the greatest tabletop game library I have seen at a convention ever.
    It even has Hello Kitty Shopping Spree, which I've seen nowhere else.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that Unity Games has a larger and more diverse library, even if it lacks said Hello Kitty game. But Unity Games isn't a single library; literally hundreds of gamers bring their games to share and it's all one big communal lending library.
    Post edited by jtvh on

• It even has Hello Kitty Shopping Spree, which I've seen nowhere else.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that Unity Games has a larger and more diverse library, even if it lacks said Hello Kitty game. But Unity Games isn't a single library; literally hundreds of gamers bring their games to share and it's all one big communal lending library.
    Truth.

• I'm sure that cons like BGGcon might have better libraries, but CTCon has the best I've seen personally.
  • Jordan, What's the panel you are doing?
    Was doing two with the guy that had to bail. 36th Chamber, Intro to Kung Fu movies, and the When Gaming Groups go Wrong panel. I'm good with the Kung Fu one, it's the gaming one that might not do so hot.
  • Will there be someone from Panels (if not Rym or Scott) I can quickly go over one of my panels with to see if it's appropriate or crosses a line? There are a few clips that may be questionable and deserving of an 18+ label, and if so I'll cut them out.
  • There's no time for games at CTcon, just laps around the convention center. :P #staffinghardcore
  • Jordan, What's the panel you are doing?
    Was doing two with the guy that had to bail. 36th Chamber, Intro to Kung Fu movies, and the When Gaming Groups go Wrong panel. I'm good with the Kung Fu one, it's the gaming one that might not do so hot.
    I can help you out with the Gaming Groups one. Time/Date/Location?

@Gundampilotspaz: You're answering your own question here.
  • Argh, 70% humidity this weekend. :(
    Sounds like an improvement from what we have been experiencing here in CT.
    What do you care? We're going to be inside nearly all of it, anyway.
    George, won't you be running laps around the climate-controlled convention center?

Boston's at 81% right now, which feels better than it has in days. I went to a Lyle Lovett concert Saturday night and he thanked us for having "Texas weather" for him.
    Would you want to eat convention center food all weekend? Also I'm staying at the Hilton cause it's much more low key than the con hotel.
  • Would you want to eat convention center food all weekend? Also I'm staying at the Hilton cause it's much more low key than the con hotel.
    I would love to eat the convention center food all weekend. However, both my stomach and my wallet would object.
  • My stomach would also object. :P
    Would you want to eat convention center food all weekend? Also I'm staying at the Hilton cause it's much more low key than the con hotel.
    A fair counter-point. Honestly, given how it's been up in MA these past two weeks, I'm not astonished about this. The air's been heavy enough to cut with a knife lately.
  • Plus City Steam, gotta have my yearly grilled cheese burger!
  • Remember that staff get discounts at a lot of the local bars and restaurants! I'll forward that email to everyone one last time before the con.
  • Remember that staff get discounts at a lot of the local bars and restaurants! I'll forward that email to everyone one last time before the con.
    The rest of us are on Facebook, we already got the memo. :P
    Nice...I haven't received any emails from you as of official staff business yet Rym.
  • Yeah, I'll email you tonight. ;^) Been busy scheduling and confirming all the staff schedules one by one all week.
  • Yeah, I'll email you tonight. ;^) Been busy scheduling and confirming all the staff schedules one by one all week.
    Kinda assumed that, just wanted to make sure I was not out of the loop.
  • how many panels do you have to do to be considered staff?
  • I'm having a hard time finding the thread for plant leaves in hot water, so I'm just going to put this here:

MY WOORKSHOP:
    TEA TIME Sunday 1:00-2:30pm Marriott Capital Rm #2
    You come in, you sit down, we make you tea, you drink tea, we talk about tea. COME.
    (Bring $1 -- you will leave with a tea cup. The schedule is fairly loose: drop by whenever.)
  • Panels don't make you staff, they make you Panelists. Staff work the panel rooms.
  • Can I work my own room? ;)
  • I'm having a hard time finding the thread for plant leaves in hot water, so I'm just going to put this here:

MY WOORKSHOP:
    TEA TIME Sunday 1:00-2:30pm Marriott Capital Rm #2
    You come in, you sit down, we make you tea, you drink tea, we talk about tea. COME.
    (Bring $1 -- you will leave with a tea cup. The schedule is fairly loose: drop by whenever.)
    That sounds great.

• Can I work my own room? ;)
    Just talk to Rym, Scott or Kristen at the con.
  • Any of you who aren't official staff and want to be official staff next year, drop on by Panel Ops and ask about it. We can make arrangements for next year at-con. For many of you, if you want to help out, we certainly won't turn you away. ;^)
  • CTcon: Line Wranglers Welcome! :P J/K There's always lots to do. Just don't lose the volunteers!
  • If we want to help out at-con, is there some particular table or office we should drop by? I seem to recall a table in the hallway last year.