This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Android: Netrunner

Comments

• I have been playing a Hass-Bioroid fortress deck but am going to try a personal workshop deck after seeing your Youtube video. The timing shenanigans were lost on me when I first saw the card.
  • edited July 2013
    I have been playing a Hass-Bioroid fortress deck but am going to try a personal workshop deck after seeing your Youtube video. The timing shenanigans were lost on me when I first saw the card.
    One thing I forgot in that video, Stimhack + Workshop. Bad publicity + workshop. Pheromones + workshop.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I have been playing a Hass-Bioroid fortress deck but am going to try a personal workshop deck after seeing your Youtube video. The timing shenanigans were lost on me when I first saw the card.
    Derp, that is my corp deck, I'm running Gabe as my runner. :)

• So, are Will and I the only ones who seem pretty annoyed at how much FF is babying Haas and Shaper lately?
  • So, are Will and I the only ones who seem pretty annoyed at how much FF is babying Haas and Shaper lately?
    uh, that's because creation and control is about to come out. Next big box in six months two other factions will get the love.
  • C&C should be available the 29th according to FFG's website!
  • Sweet. I'll have enough store credit to cover it by then. Free nets to run!
  • Someone from Board Game Geek got his hands on Creation and Control, and posted some spoilers for us all. Holy hell, those HB ice look *terrifying*.
  • I'm more excited for some of the neutral stuff from this set (I'm thinking of running Shaper, but H-B holds little interest to me). That ICE tutor asset is going to be pretty good.
  • Whirlpool + Howler for an early-game Janus to the face, anyone?
  • I'll take 12.

I'm most excited for all the new and exciting ways to gain clicks, and also Viktor 2.0. Having his brain damage be a trace/power counter is going to be really fun.
  • That would indeed be the hurt. Face checkers beware.
  • So, somehow, both of my Scorched Earths got ruined (along with minor damage to my Hadrian's Walls). Any chance you guys have extra copies you'd be willing to part with? For now, I'm just using proxies.
  • Got some hot new decks for the weekend. Going to be exciting with all those new cards. Everyone is all over the place.
  • You can tell this game has made it because it's got haters now; any Netrunner thread (at least on /tg/) is now at least 1/3rd people talking about how this game is going to die because X random, poorly researched reason.
  • Do you think the owners of this game release a digital version to draw in more people, like with Magic?

I think it would draw more people into the game and the short comparison I made between Magic and Netrunner, I felt as if the latter was more polished, deeper strategy and even basic strategy for the new player (such as me lol).
  • The Game of Thrones LCG is quite old, and there is no digital version. The only digital release is via the awful (illegal?) OCTGN.
  • Are the decks enabled by Creation and Control? Do you have a favorite identity from the pack. I think Kit will be mine. More aggressive shaper seems like a pretty good deal.
  • Are the decks enabled by Creation and Control? Do you have a favorite identity from the pack. I think Kit will be mine. More aggressive shaper seems like a pretty good deal.
    On paper I thought I might also like Kit the most, but now I'm actually feeling Exile. Also, I'm liking the HB identity that lets you install three ICE out of the gate. Come at me, bro!
  • Great C&C set review over at Team Covenant. Makes me want to play the Professor.

• Built two decks, HB: Next Design (the three ice out-the-gate one) and Kit.

I'm really liking the HB deck, but I'm always weird about building runner decks. I can never do them from scratch, and I'm never totally satisfied. At any rate, any thoughts would be appreciated:

HB: Cerebral Failure
    Kit: Let's Do This

The HB deck is supposed to focus on traps and (primarily) dishing out brain damage. Ostensibly, EtF might be better, but I wanted to challenge myself to use a more limited identity and make it work within the deck.

The Kit deck... I dunno. It's built to be well-rounded with an emphasis on running everything and anything (with Escher as an ace-in-the-hole to open up R&D or an end-game agenda).
  • edited August 2013
    On second thought, I might rework that Kit deck to exclusively use the code gate breakers (a Yog, Cyber-Cipher), then make the *entire* focus of the deck on Atman and Datasuckers. Might be fun, even superpowerful. It would probably be better as a CT deck, but I still wanna play with Kit's awesome ability.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • Your decks are not loading.
  • Your decks are not loading.
    Meteor is the best deck-making site by a landslide. Too bad it's broken all the time. Dude just can't keep his site up.
  • I don't want to get too hopeful, but Meteor may have fixed its problems. It's working right now, and is faster than ever. Here are my decks.

http://netrunner.meteor.com/users/mobvXq6hS8mnnYykk
  • So about this deck http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/yqeC7MztJESxTmjF8/, that seems like a good use of the ability to punish early criminal aggression and that chum and victor2.0 do a good job of messing up a few key breakers.

The one thing I would like to ask is how this deck responds to r&d digs and the credit denial strategy? The early start with ice in front of your hq seems like a good start but with the amount of combo ice you have do you generally have and the amount of expensive ice you have it might be tricky. It seems like it could get low on credits if it suffered a major setback like an account siphon or 7 or having a Bioriod efficiency research be de-rezed. Maybe the paranio is enough but I do not know if I would run un-rezzed remotes against this deck. If I did not see any biotic labours, or other cards like Arcology ai. Eh probably would really suck to go against it unscouted. Have you also considered security force as a win condition. If you had anything that gave you an extra click than it might also be a win condition if they ever accumulate 2 brain damage? Anyways tell us how it goes.

Good Playing Prof.

• Regarding the expensive ice, I don't really plan on paying full-price for them. Between Howler and other methods of rezzing ice for free, they pretty much exist as an ace-in-the-hole "yeah fuck you" ice to stop a runner dead in their tracks, especially early-game. I'll try and play this like a Jinteki damage deck - it'll either be a surprisingly effective strategy, or I'll get totally nailed by lacking econ or appropriately cautious runners. I'll probably revisit after I playtest tomorrow.
  • Be careful with howler. Don't rez it for just any old run since it only lasts for one run. Wait for an account siphon, Escher, makers eye, etc. before flipping in the big one. That is, of course, assuming you can't flip in a Janus for the kill.

Also if you have enough credits to pay for the ice you are howling, howl away.
  • Right now I'm treating Howler-summoned big ice (Janus, Heimdall, etc.) as a forced-ETR. In the off-chance that a runner hits a Whirlpool followed by Howler, awesome. Really, though, it's to stop that one run, and simultaneously get to install a (possibly already used) ice without spending a click. Once it's out there, slap on an Oversight AI or the HB equivalent, and it's alright.

That's all situational, of course. Most likely I'll howl in a Viktor or Eli - something cheap that'll still (probably) stop them dead.
  • edited August 2013
    Alright, I've worked on the Kit deck a bunch, adding in some new options and refining the overarching strategy, here's what I've got - Kit: Minimum Icebreakers
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on