This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Geek Creation World

edited July 2013 in Conventions
Has anyone heard of/been to this before? http://geekcreationshow.com/

Comments

• I have not but it appears to be in striking distance to where I am at.
  • Is this a permanent thing like a theme park or a convention or what? I can't tell from the website.
  • Needs better description.
  • Convention from November 15-17th according to the website.
  • Apparently they are a convention in trouble, and they're profits are supposed to go to charity…? They may be recruiting someone to come in and take over programming so that the convention happens. I don't know if anyone here would have a panel or workshop to present if that were to happen… Coldguy, I'm looking at you, and a few others….
  • Yeah, I'd love to if I could, but I probably couldn't. It says it's from the Steam Punk World's Fair guys, and I have a connection or two there, so I'll see if there's something I could do.

Goddamn, why does everything have to be so far away? I'm really seeing the appeal of Churba's "drive your lodging" philosophy.
  • edited July 2013
    They may be recruiting someone to come in and take over programming so that the convention happens...Coldguy, I'm looking at you…
    As someone to take over the department head or as a presenter? Either case let me get back from Canada before researching them.

Hmmm...they do have Voltaire on their about us page, not sure if he is part of the group or just someone giving credence to them.
    Post edited by Coldguy on