This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Burning Con 2013

edited July 2013 in Role Playing Games
http://www.burningwheel.com/?p=579

Register now. Only 80, er 79, slots left.

October 18-20. $50

http://www.burningwheel.com/registration/index.php
Post edited by Apreche on

Comments

• Anyone got a couch to crash on?
  • I registered as part of the Torchbearer kickstarter and reconfirmed I have place to stay.

Ready!

I could do without a hurricane this time, though.
  • My second favourite con is scheduled for this same weekend and is just 45 minutes from my house. So unfortunately I'm not going to make it this time.
  • edited July 2013
    I'm sad to hear it, but it sounds like you'll be having fun anyway.
    Post edited by okeefe on
  • I also registered as part of the Kickstarter. You should definitely come, Coldguy; I'll need someone to fill the Guy-shaped hole this year. (You must be willing to dress up to run your game)
  • If I can get a place to crash I will, I wonder if my "Sierra Mode" version of action castle would be considered a hack...
  • If I can get a place to crash I will, I wonder if my "Sierra Mode" version of action castle would be considered a hack...
    What if you could get Jared Sorenson to play the Sierra Mode version?
  • Just signed up. Eager.

Guy, you will be missed.
  • I'm doing a straight Burning Wheel that will hopefully end with hundreds of thousands of dead dwarves.
  • I am doing the same thing I did last year. King of lazy!
    What if you could get Jared Sorenson to play the Sierra Mode version?
    That be interesting, since when I play it I purposely act like the dick narrator and sprinkle in some more "logic" into the puzzle to keep it from getting stale. However if I can get a place to crash should be able to attend.
  • One month away. Answered Shervyn last week. BW scenario now officially completed and printed off, stuffed into a folder and shelved for the con. No more tweaks, and no playtests.

Thought to ask the FRC ahead of time: does anyone have a couch my friend (very chill, humble guy from South Carolina, have known him all my life) can surf on or perhaps a hotel room share for Monday night, the 21st? He's staying an extra night in NYC, and I can't house him because of reasons...
  • I sadly will not be able to make it this year due to finances, my Sierra Edition shall be used for the most MAG of MAGfesivus
  • Running a Torchbearer based on the LotFP free RPG day book - still need to fill out this dungeon, though. And reread the rules :P
  • Running a Torchbearer based on the LotFP free RPG day book - still need to fill out this dungeon, though. And reread the rules :P
    I read that adventure! I was thinking of using it for Dungeon Crawl Classics, but I could see the cave part of the adventure potentially working for Torchbearer.

I'm doing a Torchbearer reread at the moment. I plan on running it at a con in November.
  • Burning Con is coming. I get into NYC Thursday afternoon.
  • Oh snap. One week. What're you up to on Friday? We're doing: Ramen>Compleat Strat>Coffee>Party>Kirby's Dream Course at my place. You are welcome to join.

Also, what are you running this year?
  • edited October 2013
    I'd be up for the first two and, of course, the party. Usually the BW forum tries to pick a time for the Strat meetup on Friday.

I'm running FreeMarket again. Crazy, awesome things come out of that game. Last time I ran it, a BBQ MRCZ printed up a Hickory Hawk that poops out barbecue sauce onto people's plates, and a cannibalism MRCZ shaped a PC into trying human flesh.
    Post edited by okeefe on
  • Genius man. I've got to get in on some FreeMarket this year.

We're keeping an eye on the BW forums for the Strat time. Depending on the timing we might just hit up burgers beforehand (Parker Meridian) as the ramen place is out of the way (Minka on 5th st.). Will coordinate next week.
  • Burning Con is coming. I'm getting into the city just after noon tomorrow!

GroverBomb, lunch before the Strat sounds good. Count me in.
  • Burning Con is coming. I'm getting into the city just after noon tomorrow!

GroverBomb, lunch before the Strat sounds good. Count me in.
    There is a Chinese restaurant directly across the street form the strat. We ate lunch there during a Netrunner tournament A++.
  • Oh man. So close.

My schedule for Friday is shaping up to be weird because I've got a buddy coming in around 12:30 who wants to get sandwiches and watch Blade Runner - I've not seen it. Likely we'll be done with all that by 4:00.

Okeefe, if you or anyone you're with are cool to meet up at 4:00 (which I understand if that's too late for you, since I recall the Strat meetup last year being a bit earlier maybe?), that's when we're beginning the trek to the Strat, and on the way we're grabbing burgers at Parker Meridian, so less lunch and more an early dinner.

Then it's a slippery slope until the party.

• I suspect Strat will be early afternoon, so just keep in touch as to when you're heading to Parker Meridian and I'll let you know what's up.
  • I'm gonna take the bus in on Friday - probably be in the city around noon. The Shrine of the Insect God is ready to go, at least as ready as a dungeon drawn on a piece of lined notebook paper can be. And Jared is going to be running Parsely games at the party, aww yiss!

Looks like I'll have to miss Tresi's Freemarket this year, though, since Dro's Torchbearer is in the same slot.
  • edited October 2013
    I suspect Strat will be early afternoon, so just keep in touch as to when you're heading to Parker Meridian and I'll let you know what's up.
    Sounds good. I'll post here.

Either way we're in your Freemarket game on Saturday. 1st Priority. Looking forward to it.
    Post edited by GroverBomb on
  • I'll be at the Burning Lunch that Luke emailed about.
  • From the venue I don't doubt you can literally make it that. Or at least a burning visit to the banjo on Saturday. :)

I'm skipping out on the lunch but will be in touch later.
  • I will be at the party. A wild Emily may also come, since +1s are allowed.
  • I'll be in the city at 4:00, and the party, of course. Anyone going to that bar across the street from the strat this year?