This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Tuesday - PAX Australia 2013

2»

Comments

• Next time hopefully my flight won't be 4 hours late or I'll come in a day early.
    Cheese and I managed to cop about 5-6 hours of delay, too. It was pretty bad.
  • I should point out - now that I'm listening to the episode - Yeah, there's a convention center in melbourne, as well as all the other Major cities...
    I did some research into the one in Melbourne, and it doesn't seem very suitable to a convention like PAX. I'd have to get floor plans to be sure, but most "convention centers" in the world are butt for any geek convention of reasonable size. That one looked like it didn't have a good space allocation.

• It was awesome seeing you guys and being part of this show. Churba, great to finally meet you in person and kick ass job at Wombat.

Lunch was great.
  • edited August 2013
    I should point out - now that I'm listening to the episode - Yeah, there's a convention center in melbourne, as well as all the other Major cities...
    I did some research into the one in Melbourne, and it doesn't seem very suitable to a convention like PAX. I'd have to get floor plans to be sure, but most "convention centers" in the world are butt for any geek convention of reasonable size. That one looked like it didn't have a good space allocation.
    Now that I'll agree with - It exists, but it can't handle something like PAX. In fact, it was one of my primary arguments about six months before the location announce as to why PAX AUS definitely isn't going to be in Melbourne.

That said, I do know a convention center in another city that will certainly be able to fit PAX...
    It was awesome seeing you guys and being part of this show. Churba, great to finally meet you in person and kick ass job at Wombat.

Lunch was great.
    It was great to see you too, man. And I can't take much of that credit, without the fantastic wombats backing me up, and without Langri and the other Enforcer teams backing us up, we'd have never made it through as well as we did.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited August 2013
    That said, I do know a convention center in another city that will certainly be able to fit PAX...
    O ho!
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Maybe 2015, we'll see. We'll see.
  • Nah Melbourne usually has these things on lock down, they have that extra budget to lobby for these events to occur in Victoria over other states.