This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX PRIME 2013 4 days of PAX-TRAVAGANZA!

Comments

• PAX was getting notorious for not including tabletop content in the main schedules, but I thought they had figured their shit out after the past two PAXs. I'm sure they'll come through and get it all on web/in program.
  • Now that I have seen all the acts perform live I have been tasked to do a ranking of importance on which shows you should spend your PAX time on. Expect that soon.
  • Got my UPS notification email for badges in route. :3

Unfortunately Jeremy and I won't be able to show up until Thursday evening because his job won't let him have the time off. :(
  • Non-free charity tabletop dinner night before PAX at Columbia Tower Club.

http://www.dawgsledevents.com/
  • I have this nagging worry that with PAX AUS and PAX Prime ending at midnight rather than 2AM, that PAX East will go that way as well. If anyone hears any info on this at Prime, do share.
  • I have this nagging worry that with PAX AUS and PAX Prime ending at midnight rather than 2AM, that PAX East will go that way as well. If anyone hears any info on this at Prime, do share.
    AUS would have gone later, but the venu specifically disallowed it. There is a law related to that venue that prevents it from ever hosting public events past midnight. We had to be OUT by midnight, not just stop at midnight.

If AUS moves, I think it will go until 2am.

As for East: it was stated at one point that Prime went to midnight entirely due to the four day convention in order to ease the load on Enforcers.

• Yeah, I hear you, and I know those are both valid reasons. I think my worry started when the changes were announced for Prime, and there seemed to be little to no reaction from people. Potential for it to become the norm creeped up.

Knowing that is was not their call for AUS is definitely a relief.
  • edited August 2013
    If AUS moves, I think it will go until 2am.
    Agreed. I've worked(like, work worked, rather than volunteer conventions in Convention centers that went until 2AM (you just can't let people in after 2AM, but you can continue events that are running.) It's definitely legal in other venues, but the showgrounds is a different case because of the type of venue.

Post edited by Churba on

This looks like a generally good idea, although my plane lands at 6:30, so I'd have to arrive an hour after it begins.

There is a dress code, which will not prevent people from wearing hats that do not look good on them.
  • Where does it mention a dress code?
  • In the FAQ; it's the tower club's, not the event's.
  • Where does it mention a dress code?
    Someone didn't read the event FAQ.

• That shit was extremely non-prominent. Also, that's not much of a dress code.

Jeremy and I will be contemplating whether or not we will attend. Seems cool. We like Uncle's Games. I wonder if we can bring our own games as well. I hope the Tier 1 price will be there for a while.

Jeremy and I will be contemplating whether or not we will attend. Seems cool. We like Uncle's Games. I wonder if we can bring our own games as well. I hope the Tier 1 price will be there for a while.
    It says we SHOULD bring our own games.
  • The Columbia building seems like a strange location for a dinner.

It says we SHOULD bring our own games.
    Well I can't read the FAQs or much of anything on my work comp because google docs be blocked. Also my phone signal is so-so this time of day in the building. I'll have a decision in about 2 hours or so.
    Most skyscrapers like that have lounges and clubs in the upper floors. Ever hear of the Rainbow Room?

Maybe I'm jaded and worldly from living in New York, but venues like that are par for the course for events like this.
  • If I was doing I be in on this.
  • Yeah. Jeremy and I are out for the Thursday gaming. $90 to walk 9 blocks, carrying games is not worth it to us. We'll just game for free at the Sheraton.

Jeremy won't be arriving until after 5PM. I'll should be in the area midday to hang out. I'll text 1/2 of the ScRym.
  • My friend Sharkey that nobody will remember will be at Prime. He's having his bachelor party as well (by gaming only). I'm out this year (and for a while, possibly) simply because of vacation time and money.
    Most skyscrapers like that have lounges and clubs in the upper floors. Ever hear of the Rainbow Room?

Maybe I'm jaded and worldly from living in New York, but venues like that are par for the course for events like this.
    Ah didn't know that. The only time I've been there it seemed like just lots of offices so that's what I assumed it was. Not that I've been to many charity dinner events but I definitely have not been to any whilst living in a big city so I'm unfamiliar with its commonality I suppose.
  • Yeah. Jeremy and I are out for the Thursday gaming. $90 to walk 9 blocks, carrying games is not worth it to us. We'll just game for free at the Sheraton.

Jeremy won't be arriving until after 5PM. I'll should be in the area midday to hang out. I'll text 1/2 of the ScRym.
    Have you settled on what games you're bringing? I remember you had a Google doc for East and I want to coordinate my own game-bringing.
  • edited August 2013
    Oh yeah. Jeremy is going home early. I'll tell him to update it and link the doc again up here sometime. He has nothing better to do...

...other than make me dinner. :3

We don't plan on bringing as much as we normally do. I'm honestly ok with not bringning Dominion. And if we do, sans some expansions.

Probably Eclipse, The Duke, Jeremy's games (Blockade Blitz & Supernatural Selection), other stuff that I can't think of.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Yes, I will be updating the list soon. Requests will be considered as well.
  • And the badges are in hand! It feels a little more real now.
  • edited August 2013
    For some reason I'm more pumped for this PAX than any other PAX in awhile.

Oh, right.

FOUR DAYS BITCHES!
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • It's because we're there. DUH and/or HELLO?! :3
  • RymRym
    edited August 2013
    It's because we're there. DUH and/or HELLO?! :3
    XD

Post edited by Rym on