This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Android: Netrunner

Comments

• I highly approve of this sort of activity.

• Don't forget the other one.

• I am trying to think of more.
  • edited August 2013
    I'd do it if I wasn't on a laptop, but:

Kid hears something he ain't heard in a long while. How's it go again?

"I dig my hole you build a wall."

Yeah, that's the one.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • Those are hilarious.

Prof, how did your brain damage deck go in testing?
  • The only games I played so far, I used my Kit deck and my friend used HB. He didn't play terribly well so I didn't get a great feel for it. More tests pending.
  • I can also Photoshop.

• JINTEKI ECON.
  • JINTEKI ECON.
    Ok, ok, get this.

Jinteki: Personal Evolution, Jackson Howard, Celebrity Gift

Jackson lets you easily draw up to 5, if you are low, so your Celebrity Gift pays out. He also lets you put the Snares in the archives back into R+D. Oh, and also put the Hedge funds and celebrity gifts back into R+D. AHHHHHHHH
  • Crazyawesome BS
    Finally, my dreams of a Whirlpool + Chum + Cell Portal flatline draw ever nearer...
  • Crazyawesome BS
    Finally, my dreams of a Whirlpool + Chum + Cell Portal flatline draw ever nearer...
    Oh, that Whirlpool/DataMine/Howler went to the trash? Back into R+D! Almost as good as Archived Memories.

• I haven't studied the new spoilers extensively, but it looks like the new mechanics we'll be seeing are use of Bad Publicity (though we knew that already) and Archive/Heap Management (!).

I don't think the discussion's been had here yet about the Credits = Hand Size HB ID, but my argument is that it's less about having a huge hand at all times, but the ability to trash at any time. Now that we see more and more archive management cards (of which HB already had a few, now we have more in the game), I think playing that ID will be like a weirder Exile. Thoughts?
  • I haven't studied the new spoilers extensively, but it looks like the new mechanics we'll be seeing are use of Bad Publicity (though we knew that already) and Archive/Heap Management (!).

I don't think the discussion's been had here yet about the Credits = Hand Size HB ID, but my argument is that it's less about having a huge hand at all times, but the ability to trash at any time. Now that we see more and more archive management cards (of which HB already had a few, now we have more in the game), I think playing that ID will be like a weirder Exile. Thoughts?
    Unlike the runner which has cards that grant benefits for trashing, the corp has no such cards. The purpose of the credit for hand size identity is to get a huge hand. That way it's like you have two R+Ds. It's really hard for the runner to find agendas in a huge HQ compared to trying to find them in an R+D.
  • You don't think there's any other benefits to having a totally variable hand size? Relying on a large credit pool, while something HB can generally handle, is incredibly difficult against the right runner. Either you'd need to build a deck with very cheap ice (something that I can't imagine HB pulling off) or some sort of novelty deck where you command control over your archives as easily as your hand. Otherwise it's way too volatile an ID to actually use.
  • I don't think the cards for that identity really exist yet. Lots of people are experimenting with it. Nobody has really come up with anything.
  • That's a shame. At any rate it looks like there's some good corp balancing in this deck, specifically for NBN and Jinteki. I'm pretty excited for Jackson Howard in NBN Tag 'n Bag, for lack of operation tutoring.
  • That's a shame. At any rate it looks like there's some good corp balancing in this deck, specifically for NBN and Jinteki. I'm pretty excited for Jackson Howard in NBN Tag 'n Bag, for lack of operation tutoring.
    Well, even in NBN, he's pretty straight-forward. You mandatory draw. You rez him. You draw 6. You discard. Then you dump him to shuffle the good cards back into R+D, thus getting exactly the hand you want. Great in Just about every corp deck.
  • It also looks like a great save-your-ass if you have to discard agendas at any point. Hell, let the runner make a run on archives, pay to get past ice, then oh hey "trigger paid abilities," throw that shit back in R&D.
  • edited August 2013
    If you have him already on the table, you can use him when Noise makes his archives run.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited August 2013
    Oh boy here we go

Obviously much more situational than your usual Hedge Fund, but an excellent "Got money? Have more money" econ card for Weyland and the like.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • Yeah, that's good in Weyland, but not much else. Kind of silly, really.
  • Could be great down the road, with more card tutoring for corp.
  • That is very much a win more card. Having a little win more is okay but I do not know what the line should be for win more cards. I mean netrunner does not snowball like magic does so having a way to crush someone while they are down especially as corp would be nice.
  • First hand, gain one credit, hedge fund, restructuring... have all the monies? I haven't played this game much, admittedly.
  • First hand, gain one credit, hedge fund, restructuring... have all the monies? I haven't played this game much, admittedly.
    And you've got no ICE installed.

Even if you were Weyland you could Hedge Fund, Restructuring, Install. Since you now have 15 credits. That first ICE could be anything. So you spend all those credits and they do a first turn Emergency Shutdown. Or Inside Job/Emergency Shutdown if you installed the ICE on HQ.
    And you've got no ICE installed.
    Next Design, obvs.

• Can't wait to hear news from the GenCon tournament. Who is the national champion?
  • edited August 2013
    Did the corp win a single game in the top 8 in Gen Con?
    Post edited by folytopo on
  • An excellent Stimhack article explaining how Jackson Howard is not only a great card, but will completely rework the Netrunner metagame and balance out the runner-corp power struggle.