This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX PRIME 2013 4 days of PAX-TRAVAGANZA!

Comments

• The cycle of PAX envy continues.
  • Oh yeah. Jeremy is going home early. I'll tell him to update it and link the doc again up here sometime. He has nothing better to do...

...other than make me dinner. :3

We don't plan on bringing as much as we normally do. I'm honestly ok with not bringning Dominion. And if we do, sans some expansions.

Probably Eclipse, The Duke, Jeremy's games (Blockade Blitz & Supernatural Selection), other stuff that I can't think of.
    It's nice and compact, so I borrowed your format for my own list, in case someone wants to play something I wasn't going to bring: pence's board games
  • edited August 2013
    Here is the updated list of our games. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3lydjntk48q3sbz/8tHMX9dIyg (the other links in there are the Print and Play files for my game, Blockade Blitz).
    Let us know if there are any requests for us to bring. Although, as Ro already mentioned, Dominion is tough to carry around. Maybe Base and the last two expansions will suffice, if any.

I plan on bringing the prototypes for my two games that are in development (Blockade Blitz and Supernatural Selection). I will probably try to compact some of the games, so we can bring as many as possible.
    Post edited by Neocloud on
  • I notice Shift is on your list. I Kickstarted that as well, but it has yet to arrive. I would also like to see how Uchronia compares to Glory to Rome.
  • It might help that we are about 20 miles from where they were shipping them out. I would think that you should get yours in a few days. Remember to download the pdf of the rules, since they aren't included in the game. I backed at the 2 copy level so that Ro and I could play mirror matches (though who knows if we'll play before PAX).

I will be sure to pack Shift, and Uchronia.
  • For those who want a really long and detailed list of the bands performing at PAX this year, here you are.
  • Don't forget that Scott, Emily, and I are going to be at this thing!
    http://www.dawgsledevents.com/2013/08/win-stuff-our-list-of-game-donors-is-up.html

(RoJeremy, we'll get our four days of regular PAX and post PAX play with you regardless. ;^) ).
  • The Summoner Wars game is probably the only game that piques my interest. I actually met the creator of Summoner Wars at PAX East.
  • (RoJeremy, we'll get our four days of regular PAX and post PAX play with you regardless. ;^) ).
    Dawg, I ain't even trippin'. I know we'll be hanging.

Fo shizzle. Ro ain't ratchet. :P
  • (RoJeremy, we'll get our four days of regular PAX and post PAX play with you regardless. ;^) ).
    Dawg, I ain't even trippin'. I know we'll be hanging.

Fo shizzle. Ro ain't ratchet. :P
    Crumpets are crunk?
  • Ze badgez, ze are 'ere. Actually they were here on Friday.

I'm hoping to get at least one tabletop RPG experience this PAX.
  • I am bringing Shadow Hunters and The Resistance for mafia-like gaming. Also my Netrunner decks. Trying to decide among Trains, Battlestar Galactica, and Wits & Wagers for the remaining room in my suitcase, but I don't know of any FRCF people who would be into BSG or Wits & Wagers.
  • Won't be able to attend this year, sadly, but I just found out that a couple friends from my neck of the woods (Ian Horner and Beej Dery) are performing on the Sunday, doing one of their signature events from our local cons, the Late Night Dub Fight. I've been attending their stuff for years and highly recommend their comedy skills. Sounds like they've got some other cool people on board with them too, so check 'em out in the Serpent Theater if you've got time on the Sunday night.
  • Thinking about entering the Divekick tourney on Sunday.
  • Now that PAX is next weekend, and I have a day off on Friday because my last day of my current job is the day before, I really wish I had gotten a Friday badge along with my Saturday one. Twas foolish of me.
  • edited August 2013
    I might know a person selling. One sec. Let me check the facebooks.

Check this guy. He's an Enforcer and his girlfriend is selling.

https://www.facebook.com/ikelewis/posts/10151559701621230
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I know there are a few PAX Dev attendees that lurk here. Are we supposed to have received a pre-reg packet in the mail, or we pick up our pass on-site?

Yes, I probably should have looked into this early than three days before the event.
  • I might know a person selling. One sec. Let me check the facebooks.

Check this guy. He's an Enforcer and his girlfriend is selling.

https://www.facebook.com/ikelewis/posts/10151559701621230
    Thanks, but I actually ran into one of my friends this weekend and he sold me one of his extras.
  • Coolio. Today at work I thought about PAX and had the biggest smile all day. :D

SOON.
  • This is my second time PAXing. I signed up to be an Enforcer and got my top choice: Handheld gaming lounge, Fri/Sat/Sun 6:30pm-2am. Come say hi, FRC people!
  • This is my second time PAXing. I signed up to be an Enforcer and got my top choice: Handheld gaming lounge, Fri/Sat/Sun 6:30pm-2am. Come say hi, FRC people!
    Why was handheld your top choice? Everyone knows that's the worst Enforcer job! Of course you got it! Be prepared for boredom keeping track of charging cables and making sure people don't plop on the beanbags.
  • I will be getting settled in my hotel room on Thursday around 8PM, and will eventually walk over to the Sheraton to play some tabletop games.

Next year I take the early flight.
  • Main Events is the best crew. Straight pimpin.
  • Main Events is the best crew. Straight pimpin.
    Boy, Expo is where it's at.
  • Tabletop for life. You're going to be there anyway.
    eeyup.

eeyup.

Also Father Fletch > whoever you've got running your department.
  • Oh, we all bow to kiss the ring of Father Fletch. But I have loyalties elsewhere. The Main Theatre holds the line in the North.
  • Oh, we all bow to kiss the ring of Father Fletch. But I have loyalties elsewhere. The Main Theatre holds the line in the North.
    Unfortunately, the good Father has moved on!