This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• I'm not sure how thus will pan out, but while I've been on holiday Apple released Logic Pro X. There's no upgrade pricing, so it's a new 200 dollar purchase. I bought Logic Pro 9 last month. I think I can get my money back because I bought it within 30 days of the X release. But I'm not sure.

Now I see the appeal of Adobe CS6 subscriptions.
  • Fail: After 8 months, I literally can't stand T-Mobile's service any more. It's pretty good in the North East corridor between DC and NYC, but everywhere else it's terrible. Pretty much Edge or G (not 3G) anywhere that isn't a major urban center. I've got one of the old, ultra cheap 100 minute, unlimited data plans at $30 a month.
    Boo-yah: Because I have an unlocked GSM smartphone and no contract, switching seems like it will be ultra straight forward.
    Boo-yah: AT&T's no contract, prepaid plans are fairly reasonable. Unlimited minutes, texts and a 2GB data limit is only $60 a month. That's the same as T-Mobile's current prices. So I'm switching with unlocked GSM phones for the foreseeable future.
  • Fail: A long time bro of mine has been doing hard drugs for, like, 3 or 4 years. He's only a year older than me.

Boo-Yah: He (with one of his now former clients) is getting sober. A friend started bringing him to NA meetings. Said friend was the one who OD'd while he was with me, and the TvH's took a collective effort to get him sober.

I know some people were worried about me hanging out with bad influences, but I'd say that benefited everyone.
  • I'm not sure how thus will pan out, but while I've been on holiday Apple released Logic Pro X. There's no upgrade pricing, so it's a new 200 dollar purchase. I bought Logic Pro 9 last month. I think I can get my money back because I bought it within 30 days of the X release. But I'm not sure.

Now I see the appeal of Adobe CS6 subscriptions.
    Got the refund, so I'll be upgrading to the new software before getting too comfortable with the old one.
  • My son started Pre-K today.
  • My son started Pre-K today.
    D'aww.. How was it? My little bro cried a fair bit when he started.
  • He went in with no problem. We had him in daycare up to this point so it is not that much of an adjustment for my little buddy. It is more that he is old enough to be in Pre-K, especially one with the public school system, that really hit us. One thing that does seem to upset him some is that his younger sister is not near him. He is used to her being only few rooms away so that part seems to be getting to him.
  • Fail: Ruger's operating rod was completely stuck again. No amount of arm strength I had could get it to move.
    Boo-yah: If force does not work, apply more force. Took it apart, removed the spring, and and banged the receiver on the carpet a few times. The rod came free after a few good whacks.
    Fail: Seems the issue was surface rust where the op rod and gas block meet.
    Boo-yah: wiped it with a paper towel and it came right off. Hard to believe some rust dust completely locked up my rifle. Oiled up the gas block to stop future lock up. I know the find time I pulled the trigger that oil with vaporize, but it's just to stop it freezing up while it's stored. I need to remember to leave the bolt locked open after shooting.
  • Fail: Missed my flight because the travel agency misspelled "Air Canda" as "Lufthansa".
    Boo-yah: After booking a new flight for tomorrow and talking to a manager, they agreed that they done fucked up and are gonna refund my money.
  • Boo-yah: wisdom teeth out.
    Fail: wisdom teeth out.
  • Boo-yah: Been pretty good about working out on a regular basis.
    Fail: This has made me voraciously hungry and as such I haven't really lost any weight. In fact I seem to be slightly gaining weight, and I'm not sure if it's muscle or the fattening.
  • If you're working out regularly, you're probably gaining muscle. Are you particularly worried about your weight? Because unless you've changed drastically since I last saw you, I don't think that's a problem for you.
  • edited August 2013
    If you are really worried about it I recommend having a decent sized meal about a half-hour after you finish exercising. Make sure to have plenty of carbs in it, you can worry about protein with your other meals. That should help curb your appetite for the rest of the day, or at least bring it back to normal.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • Exercise is really hard to tie with actual weight loss. Most people burn around 300 calories in a workout and immediately wipe that out with an extra snack b/c they are hungry. You should absolutely keep exercising for health reasons, b/c it it will provide a multitude of benefits completely unrelated to your waistline (like living longer!), but if you really do care about that waistline, it's all about calories in vs. calories out. Prepare for hunger.
  • Also, protein is supposed to be the most filling macronutrient per calorie, and drinking plenty of water is supposed to help with satiation. Like Matt said, exercise will burn a few calories but weight change really comes down to what you're eating. I recommend counting calories using your smart phone. It's the best way to make sure you're not over-eating and also not starving yourself.
  • Coming to America has been the first time I have to cut my meal in half so that I'm not feeling bloated at the end of it.
  • If you're working out regularly, you're probably gaining muscle. Are you particularly worried about your weight? Because unless you've changed drastically since I last saw you, I don't think that's a problem for you.
    I expertly hide a beer belly. Really that's just a byproduct of having to buy large clothes so there's enough length in the torso for me. For me it's a family history of heart disease and stroke, and having a gut compounds that risk. I don't want to lose much, just 10-15 lbs total. I'm 180 lbs now, so ideally I want to be about 165, or whatever I weight I am when I don't have a bunch of belly fat anymore. I'm guessing it'll be 165.
    Also, protein is supposed to be the most filling macronutrient per calorie, and drinking plenty of water is supposed to help with satiation. Like Matt said, exercise will burn a few calories but weight change really comes down to what you're eating. I recommend counting calories using your smart phone. It's the best way to make sure you're not over-eating and also not starving yourself.
    Any suggestions on a good program?
  • myfitnesspal is pretty awesome and free.
  • myfitnesspal is pretty awesome and free.
    I also recommend this app.

• I can see this app will be a bit of a chore to setup, but seems like it will be awesome afterwards.
  • Booyah: Saints Row IV
    Fail: No AA batteries in the fucking house.
  • Booyah: Saints Row IV
    Fail: No AA batteries in the fucking house.
    Boo-yah: wired xbox controller. :P
  • edited August 2013
    Boo Yah: Went to a brony meetup at a local mall today.

Fail: I was older than just about everyone there.

Boo Yah: I got to talk with an awesome grandma who was chaperoning one of them.

Fail: Her grandson was a solid decade younger than me. Also, a lot of them were complaining about their bullshit teenager problems.

Boo Yah: My and Granny set their punk asses straight. "Shut up. Your problems are trivial and you will recognize that in time. Until then, realize the fact that you never knew life without the internet or cell phones. You do not get to complain." was the sum of our responses.

Bwuh?: Since the group was so amorphous, I didn't get to properly introduce myself to a lot of them until I had to leave. When I did, though, 4-5 of them recognized me and started asking for pictures with me. I know this is probably a boo yah, but people treating me like a celebrity is still very weird to me.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Hrm... I went to a brony meetup. I happened to know the other few guys my age that were there. It was a college club, though, so the ages were up a little. I was still among the five oldest. I was with a girl going to the school for this so I interacted with some others.

I'll go again, but I've got mixed feelings.
  • Yeah. I am unlikely to go again.
  • edited August 2013

Post edited by Ilmarinen on
  • Boo Yah! I got invited to a semi private gaming event over Memorial Day Weekend!

Meh: It is in Virgina and would require me to get a hotel room

Fail: Since I went to Canada I has no moneys to attend longer than 2 days D:
  • Boo Yah! New schedule has me working better hours to attend function with friends on Tuesday

Fail: Tuesday thing is being canceled for a bit -_-

Fail: Due to schedule I am now going to miss Friday awesome gaming due to the Manager in Question being "fair"
  • Boo-Yah: Made tons of lumpia for a party last night. Over 100.

Boo-Yah: People loved it.

Fail & Boo-Yah: I made too much and have tons of leftover. While I love lumpia I can only eat so much before getting tired of it.
  • Boo-Yah: After over 10 years of not playing Magic, I placed 11th out of 35 in prerelease tournament this weekend. I was 0.06% away from being in the top 8.

Fail: I want to get back into the game, and that's shit is expensive.

Boo-Yah: My old cards still have value! Some of them are a lot actually. Aimee is into it too and is helping me sort out my old stuff.