This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Character Sheets and Storytelling

edited August 2013 in GeekNights

Character Sheets and Storytelling

From our lecture at PAX Australia 2013! A role playing game can only be evaluated solely by the contents of its rules. Your character in a role playing game exists solely on your character sheet. So, what is your character sheet telling you about your character?

Source Link

Comments

• I was disappointed as fuck when I saw this roll out of Rymblr's RSS feed. It's only three-and-a-half minutes long. Where's the rest? Also, absolutely terrible ending music does not at all fit.
  • I was disappointed as fuck when I saw this roll out of Rymblr's RSS feed. It's only three-and-a-half minutes long. Where's the rest? Also, absolutely terrible ending music does not at all fit.
    Completely agree. What happened with uploading the entire panel?
  • 1. It's not substantially different from every other time we've run it, so you can basically watch it here:

2. I'm busy. It takes a LONG time to properly edit a whole lecture. I can bang out a short clip in an hour tops (including rendering), but it takes multiple days to get the whole panel done in one long shot.

If I weren't doing these clips, then you would have seen zero new videos until some time after PAX Prime.
  • 3. Want more video faster? Spread our existing videos around and get the view counts up. ;^)
  • Ah, okay. That makes sense.
  • Outsource the video editing. You got the connects, get somebody in the geeknights community to do it for free.
  • I like these short clips, but holy fuck, that music at the end is so bad and so loud it's offensive to my poor ears.
  • Maybe I'm just immune to terrible music through overexposure, but I didn't so much as blink.
  • The clickthrough rate on that music to its source video is immense.
  • When I heard the car, I thought it was going to be "Drivers High"

Must say I was disappointed