This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

SaltyBet

edited August 2013 in Video Games
Always Bet Waifu, Never Bet DBZ, Chat Always Lies.

So, SaltyBet's been exploding all over the internet lately, but if you don't know what it is, some guy took a bunch (like, thousands) of good, bad, and outright broken M.U.G.E.N. characters, set up a stream and a site where you can bet on them, and unleashed this on the internet.

It's pretty addicting, and not just for the betting reasons; it reminds me a lot of hanging out in the arcade, watching the cool kids play Street Fighter.

Comments

• $1 on DBZ every time imo.
  • A few of the DBZs are good, or at least worth risking on. The problem is their AI is terrible.
  • SaltyBet is really entertaining with friends. I don't really play on my own, though.
  • This game is ruining my life.
  • I've played for the last hour. I was up a lot then dropped down to 808 dollars. Lots of fun.
  • Am I the only one that thinks they should make a metagame where you bet on SaltyBet players?
  • That could be fun.
  • I'm too conservative in my bets, so I'm up, but never way up. Got around $430~
  • edited August 2013
    What do you mean, "SaltyBet players"? Like, betting on the people betting?
    I'm too conservative in my bets, so I'm up, but never way up. Got around $430~
    You'll learn the all-in people pretty soon. Mario, especially, is an auto-all-in for me.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • edited August 2013
    What do you mean, "SaltyBet players"? Like, betting on the people betting?
    Yes. Also, forgive me for asking, but what fighting game does SaltyBet play? MUGEN?
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Yeah. It's CPU vs. CPU MUGEN fights. There are some fucking BROKEN characters for that game.
  • The best part of this game has to be the chat. "MIDGET GRANDPA ALL IN"
  • The chat is kinda like sitting in the middle of a crowd at an event; it's too fast to have more than fleeting impact on, but the event just wouldn't be the same without them.
  • Yeah. It's CPU vs. CPU MUGEN fights. There are some fucking BROKEN characters for that game.
    Apparently they do fighting tournaments when there's tournaments going on though. Is this correct?
    Apparently they do fighting tournaments when there's tournaments going on though. Is this correct?
    There are tournaments every Thursday, but they're still CPU vs. CPU.
  • edited August 2013
    SaltyBet started out on doing tournaments with humans, and the AI v AI was a later addition. Presumably they still have the original tournament stuff.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited August 2013
    DBZ actually won!

Edit: And now Waifu lose :(

Edit 2: Giano vs Silver Surfer was some of the realest shit I've ever seen.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • I've been playing this whole afternoon... and I've only won twice. I have no idea on who's good or not, so I end up picking girl, then who looks stronger. That's definitely my problem.
  • I remember when I used to frequent Yahoo groups and there were groups dedicated to transforming any anime character into a mugen fighter.
  • edited August 2013
    So far I've got Waifu > Huge > Marvel > X men > Simpsons > Touhou > DBZ
    Or maybe Simpsons > X men
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • If you have no idea, just bet a dollar and you'll always get good odds after rounding.
  • Aren't the X-Men part of Marvel?
  • There's a character called Ms. Fanservice.
  • edited August 2013
    Aren't the X-Men part of Marvel?
    Woops
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited August 2013
    Don't rely on shitty wives tales, use Salty Stats!
    http://www.hightower-software.com/ss/#/
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited August 2013
    I thought Ms. Fanservice would be the ultimate waifu but she failed me.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited August 2013
    Don't rely on shitty wives tales, use Salty Stats!
    http://www.hightower-software.com/ss/#/
    This makes me want to make a bot.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • It used to automatically load the characters, but Salty changed the interface so you can't bot.
  • edited August 2013
    I thought Ms. Fanservice would be the ultimate waifu but she failed me.
    She might be, but Saiki is ridiculous.
    It used to automatically load the characters, but Salty changed the interface so you can't bot.
    Of course you can, it's just slightly harder now.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • It used to automatically load the characters, but Salty changed the interface so you can't bot.
    What about OCR on the names from the video?