This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX PRIME 2013 4 days of PAX-TRAVAGANZA!

Comments

• Oh, we all bow to kiss the ring of Father Fletch. But I have loyalties elsewhere. The Main Theatre holds the line in the North.
    Unfortunately, the good Father has moved on!

WHAT? When was this news?
  • Oh, we all bow to kiss the ring of Father Fletch. But I have loyalties elsewhere. The Main Theatre holds the line in the North.
    A line as big as all the other theaters combined! Keynote is coming.
    I kinda want to see a Game of PAX parody now.
    He started up his own coffee shop in Tacoma a while back, and decided some time between East and Aus that he needed to dedicate himself to that and pass the torch on to Drain (who is also a great guy). I was sad to see FF go, since I'd only just recently become legit Enforcer, but was helping him out for years w/ getting the right contacts at companies and convincing them to buy booth space in TT.

But does your line have its own room? Expo does not let in a line so much as it lets in a wall. And that's not even mentioning clearing Expo at the end of the day.
    He started up his own coffee shop in Tacoma a while back, and decided some time between East and Aus that he needed to dedicate himself to that and pass the torch on to Drain (who is also a great guy). I was sad to see FF go, since I'd only just recently become legit Enforcer, but was helping him out for years w/ getting the right contacts at companies and convincing them to buy booth space in TT.

That's awesome. Kind of want to get some [E] together to go to his shop and play a game or two.
    Oh, we all bow to kiss the ring of Father Fletch. But I have loyalties elsewhere. The Main Theatre holds the line in the North.
    But does your line have its own room? Expo does not let in a line so much as it lets in a wall. And that's not even mentioning clearing Expo at the end of the day.
    Your people be waiting in line. Our people playing games non-stop!
  • Expo Hall/Queue Room may make a better Kingdom in the North reference. And then you don't even need to change anything, it's just PAX is coming.
  • The coffee shop's website seems to be down, but its Facebook page is here. I'd also like to stop by and say hi next time I make it to Seattle.
  • Many months ago I promised a friend that I'd be going to my first PAX Prime this year no matter what. After a few setbacks, I am actually going! The only "catch" is that I'm enforcing. I'll be in the Serpent Theatre at some point all four days. I can't wait to see you guys there.
  • Jeremy and I have been wanting to check out Father Fletch's shop as well. It will be a 30 minute+ or Train commute, but it's possible.

So ready for PAX. Oh so ready.
  • Trying to catch up between now and Friday on the Acquisitions podcasts so as to prepare myself for the live show.

Also I've mapped out most of the events I want to attend, mostly all on Saturday. Dunno if I'll have time to be in the Divekick tourney but I'm gonna try and play some people.
  • Whoever goes to watch the Protomen, I need to know anything you can tell me about whatever they play from Act 3!
  • Whoever goes to watch the Protomen, I need to know anything you can tell me about whatever they play from Act 3!
    They did that at MAGFest last year dude.
  • I know! I just figure, there might be more Act 3 stuff this time...
  • I know! I just figure, there might be more Act 3 stuff this time...
    Also Twitch.TV is streaming all the concerts this year as well. Problem solved.
  • As the clock winds down, please let us know if you have any requests from Ro & Jeremy's Game list: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3lydjntk48q3sbz/8tHMX9dIyg

My bag will be packed Wednesday night since I will be heading to Seattle directly after work on Thursday and won't be able to bring much with me to work, so Ro will have to make sure games get packed. I am planning on packing my two games, as well as Pixel Lincoln, DC Deck Builder, Eclipse, 7 Wonders, Uchronia, Skyline, Alien Frontiers, Netrunner, Bohnanza, and maybe Kingdom Builder.

I can't wait to see everyone!
  • We have to fucking Eclipse. There are four days, so we can definitely do it.
    Absolutely. I have the expansion, but haven't played it, nor have I played with any of the aliens, though I heard the Green alien is Hax0rz. We also recently picked up Hanabi, which we will bring as well.
  • Is pixel Lincoln any good? I like the aesthetic but I dunno how well it pans out.
  • We don't know. I'm already predicting this to be another Kickstarter backer's remorse.
  • Well if you guys want to try it and I'm around I'd be interested in test driving it.
  • Is pixel Lincoln any good? I like the aesthetic but I dunno how well it pans out.
    Yes it is very good! However you need to know how to construct a level properly in order to get maximum fun, once that is done you got one for you collection for a while.
  • Yeah the rules and video tutorials are kinda poop.
  • I've been curious to try Reef Encounter and Roll Through the Ages. Definitely count me in for Eclipse or Agricola.

I may have a friend bringing Die Macher, if anyone wants in on some hardcore German parliamentary cube pushing.
    Damn. I won't be there this time. :(
  • I have busted out Pixel Lincoln once so far, and it seems to have a small flaw with some of the items/enemies being too cheap, or easy to surpass. A stop mechanic after hitting the end of a level would have been nice.
  • edited August 2013
    It's pouring right now, however this is south of Seattle. Weather says rain tomorrow, a bit on Friday, but a lot on Monday. Saturday and Sunday should be fairly sunny. FYI.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Oh shit, why am I still at work when it's PAX tomorrow?
  • So, are we still using GroupMe this year or has someone found a better alternative?
  • I either tweet or use various IM/text. If you add me on google hangouts I plan on being logged in the weekend.