This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

FRCF Secret Santa 2013: Now with address verification! (Entry Deadline Oct. 5th)

edited September 2013 in Forum Game
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a Fucking Awesome Festivus! Please fill out the form below to enter into the FRCF Secret Santa.

Please do not spend a lot of money on your Santee, or expect to get something expensive in return.

There is no parity. I would recommend not spending more than $10 or $15 (USD) on your santee.
Think of cool things you could make, as well. You don't have to spend a dime to do this; you might have something cool lying around the house, or you could make something. And don't forget, Gift Cards, Gifting over Steam, and other forms of non-physical gifts are possible too!

Cut-off date is October 5th. There will be NO Extension.

Don't sign up if you're afraid of at least two strangers on the internet (myself, and your santa) knowing your address.

Important Information Regarding Shipping Gifts:

For this secret santa, You have the option to request digital gifts only. If you do opt-in for the possibility of receiving physical gifts, I will sent you a piece of physical mail with instructions on it for you to follow. That's right: I am going to spend money on this. These instructions will enable you to verify that you have received that bit of mail and, by extension, will be able to receive other mail. When you receive your gift, please let me know immediately.

If you choose to send a gift, no matter your carrier of choice, you must send it with tracking and provide me with the tracking number. If I do not receive a tracking number and your Santee does not confirm receipt of your gift by January 30th, I will put your name on the Naughty List. By February 30th, if your Santee does not confirm receipt of your gift or you do not provide me with a tracking number for a package in-transit, the Naughty List will be published on the forum and on Facebook with your name tagged in it so that you may feel the shame. SHAME.

I know this seems a tad harsh, but I'm sick of people not getting their gifts and feeling bummed. This is the best way I could think of to prevent that from happening. My suggestion: ship early.

Link to Secret Santa Entry Form.
Post edited by Victor Frost on

Comments

• I never got confirmation that my santee got his gift last year BTW.
  • Can you check previous years and ban people who failed to send? I know almost all of those who failed to send were not scammers trying to get free shit. Life just go tin the way. But if your life gets in the way so much that you don't even have time to click on Amazon or some shit, then let's keep it limited to people who do.
  • I never got my present last year.
  • I sent my santee his thing but I am not sure he got it, I never got mine either :(
    Granted, it took me a while to send his :(
  • I don't even remember who my Santee was or what I got them.
  • I remember getting a present for the past two years that I received a present so no need to place them on the shame list. I also gave 3 gifts in the past two years so I am covered as well.
  • I sent every year and pretty sure I received every year. Except one time I definitely sent, I have Amazon receipt, but I don't think they received probably because of bad address.
  • Last year, my presents were incredible.
  • This was pretty fun last year.
  • I guess I am in this year. :-p
  • I've sent and received successfully every year.
  • I have sent presents both years I've participated, but only received a present the first.
  • I got and sent stuff each time, so yeah I'm in.
  • On the would you prefer digital or physical there is no real option to say either is fine, only I prefer digital and accept physical.
  • On the would you prefer digital or physical there is no real option to say either is fine, only I prefer digital and accept physical.
    I ended up checking that one and then leaving a note for Santa saying that I didn't really care either way.
  • I never got confirmation that my santee got his gift last year BTW.
    I just checked with him and he didn't! How sad because I assigned him to you for a very specific reason.
  • edited September 2013
    I put international shipping because I'm in Canada and most of you are in the States but I don't think I can really afford to ship to Australia/Germany/Finland. Sorry Churba (and others), Luke and Timo.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2013
    I am really sad to say this, but I will have to sit this year out, unfortunately.

I stated about a month ago that my parents were getting divorced, and a side effect of that is that we have to sell the family home because neither my Mom or Dad can pay for it on their own. My future address will be up in the air before the cut off date and as such; I must sit this one out. I look forward to seeing the awesome things you people get each other.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited September 2013
    I never got confirmation that my santee got his gift last year BTW.
    I just checked with him and he didn't! How sad because I assigned him to you for a very specific reason.
    I'M ON IT! not really hard to replace <_< .

Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • Never got my santa's gift nor did I get a confirmation of my santee's gift arriving. :/
  • Im in, I know mine got there.
  • My santee's address wasn't right last year, and I'm still waiting to see if that can be resolved. :-/
  • I got my gift last year, and there was a hiccup in customs, but my santee eventually did get theirs.
  • edited September 2013
    I have send and received every time I took part in this. That means I'm good to go, right?

EDIT: Also, this form is Nine-ist against Nines and Nine accessories. "Forum Username" can not be answered on just one line. Dammit Sonic! DAMMIT!
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • Bumped to make sure people see it.

Also, Yosho, I am investigating your issue from last year.
  • Yeah I have a suggestion to everyone to put the address your place that will verify with Amazon or Google Maps or something. My santee got his gift last year but I had to go through the extra step of verifying that sending it to this other town would be fine. I believe the postal code was right and that mail people often go off of the postal code but its unnerving when Amazon is like hey I don't think this place exist.
  • Also something for over seas shipping would be cool.
  • I wish I could do this this year, but last year was a complete disaster for me. :|