This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Look at me, I'm playing video games.

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Don't know. Test maybe? Find out. Could look like butt, but at least you'll know for sure.
    Post edited by Dazzle369 on
  • Don't do uStream, it is easier to set the profiles locally then to deal with the api and scaling issue to clip the audio and video to field the "it doesn't look/sound right" issue.
  • However, the video stream can be at most 1920x1080.
    What kind of shit are you using?
    Who wants to watch 16:108:5 video, though?
    Who doesn't? It's a computer monitor. Not a shitty television.
  • Just got my el gato.

• edited September 2013
    Come watch me play Earthbound www.twitch.tv/coldguy
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Going to play a game now. But which one...?
  • Going to play a game now. But which one...?
    Don't play anything interesting so I might go to sleep at reasonable time.

• Oh, it was so obvious all along.
  • Super Mario Brothers 3

• I have not finished watching the Mario 3 stream yet, but I did enjoy what I saw. I was learning things I had never known about before. Good on ya.
  • I have not finished watching the Mario 3 stream yet, but I did enjoy what I saw. I was learning things I had never known about before. Good on ya.
    I don't know everything, but I know a lot about games. And I know a lot about the games I know about. One major reason I mostly ignore games "journalism" is that most of the people writing know less than I do.
    I don't know everything, but I know a lot about games. And I know a lot about the games I know about. One major reason I mostly ignore games "journalism" is that most of the people writing know less than I do.
    Was there actual knowledge in SMB 3 stream or was is just more lies and misinformation like Mega Man 2 stream had?

Was there actual knowledge in SMB 3 stream or was is just more lies and misinformation like Mega Man 2 stream had?

What lies and misinformation?
  • What lies and misinformation?
    Little things, like stating that bubble gun was little of use outside of last boss, when it's quite useful, does extra damage against flash man and is super effective against the Wily stage boss where parts of wall and floor combine to attack you. Also that bit about second round of robot masters having different weaknesses was total bullshit, outside of room layout they were identical to the original robot masters. Those are two that I remember close to the end of the stream. I assume there was some other minor cases of misinformation stated in earlier parts of the stream.

• What lies and misinformation?
    Little things, like stating that bubble gun was little of use outside of last boss, when it's quite useful, does extra damage against flash man and is super effective against the Wily stage boss where parts of wall and floor combine to attack you. Also that bit about second round of robot masters having different weaknesses was total bullshit, outside of room layout they were identical to the original robot masters. Those are two that I remember close to the end of the stream. I assume there was some other minor cases of misinformation stated in earlier parts of the stream.

There's no reason to use bubble gun against flash man, he's so easy. It's also harder to hit him with that than it is to hit him with P. The Quick Boomerang is super effective against that same Wily pink room boss, and also easier to hit with.

As for weaknesses of the second round of robot masters, I'm just going off my memory from childhood. While it is apparently true that the (ghost) robot masters have the same weaknesses, there is an explanation. When you fight the original masters, you do not have every weapon available, no matter what order you follow. So even though their weaknesses are the same, you have different options available when you meet them again. My childhood mind discovered these previously unavailable weaknesses and used different weapons on the second go around. The biggest of which is using metal blade on metal man himself.
  • There's no reason to use bubble gun against flash man, he's so easy. It's also harder to hit him with that than it is to hit him with P. The Quick Boomerang is super effective against that same Wily pink room boss, and also easier to hit with.
    Considering the layout of the Flashman's room bubble gun is a good choice. And with the amount of trouble you had against that boss in Wily's castle, I don't think you are allowed to talk.

• Streaming more game dev currently.
  • Can we have the end of Mario 3?
  • Can we have the end of Mario 3?
    Maybe on Saturday I'll have time.
  • I'm gonna try out OBS by playing this game I remember being shitty called Septerra Core.

Watch live video from matatat on www.twitch.tv
  • I'm gonna try out OBS by playing this game I remember being shitty called Septerra Core.

Watch live video from matatat on www.twitch.tv
    Gonna try this again but with Primordia since Septerra Core has some issues with OBS. I had fixed the issues with streaming but I think as a result I had screwed up the game and it was skipping dialog.
  • My twitch account got converted. Going to stream some Pac-Man when I get a chance.
  • My twitch account got converted. Going to stream some Pac-Man when I get a chance.
    Converted to what?
    Converted to what?
    From justin.tv to twitch.tv.
  • Oh I think they just did that automatically for me when they switched.
  • Oh I think they just did that automatically for me when they switched.
    That's if you set your primary category to gaming. I had my category as something else because I used it for Scott's Box. You can see lots of other people had this problem. You need to have an actual Twitch account to use the elgato, which I will test with Twitch very soon. Perhaps tonight.
  • edited October 2013
    More game dev for the next hour or so
    Watch live video from waterispoisonst on www.twitch.tv
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • After dinner, PAC-MAN CE DX+