This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Android: Netrunner

Comments

• An excellent Stimhack article explaining how Jackson Howard is not only a great card, but will completely rework the Netrunner metagame and balance out the runner-corp power struggle.
    That article is a must read I would say.

• Jackson Howard is god.
  • Jackson Howard is god.
    The article actually misses another of his best uses (at least, I can't see it mentioned), that being, if you just slam Jackson down, even unprotected, it costs the runner a click and 3 creds to trash him. (let alone putting him behind even ONE piece of ICE...)

Let Jackson die!

Then.. When your NEXT Jackson hits the board, you automatically have one amazing target in your archives, and presumably an agenda or a snare to bring back too.

The runner basically HAS to trash him (he's that good), eat those 3 creds and the corp is in NO WAY forced to pop Jackson if they don't want to...

Even when he dies, he's awesome!
  • We have a national champion. Justin K playing Kate/Jinteki

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1023594/gencon-tournament-winning-decklists

Awwwww shit. Criminal/Weyland not even in the Finals. Second place was Noise/HB. Dis game.
  • Anyone else coming to the NYC meet up at Cranberry Cafe tonight? I've got way too much time to kill in the city before then, trying to decide if it's worth it to stick around.
  • Ro and I will be bringing our cards to PAX. There is a Tournament there, but I am not sure what the interest level is, at least from locals. There are several locals planning on going, and possibly playing casually though. I am thinking of picking of Creation and Control before then too.

Not sure if anything else has released, but I am current up to C&C.
  • Scott, can you post a link to your PAX Netrunner deck lists?

Ta :)
  • Scott, can you post a link to your PAX Netrunner deck lists?

Ta :)
    They are on the tournament report.
  • I am *so* pumped for Blackguard - any time it gets used, you're either draining the corp's econ and gaining info about the ice in play, or you've learned that the corp is incapable of rezzing a piece of ice without more creds. The cost is pretty steep, but it's definitely manageable for crim. Are you ready for the following turn?

Account Siphon, install Blackguard, Satellite Uplink, either Emergency Shutdown or remove the tag.

SHIT SON
  • I am *so* pumped for Blackguard - any time it gets used, you're either draining the corp's econ and gaining info about the ice in play, or you've learned that the corp is incapable of rezzing a piece of ice without more creds. The cost is pretty steep, but it's definitely manageable for crim. Are you ready for the following turn?

Account Siphon, install Blackguard, Satellite Uplink, either Emergency Shutdown or remove the tag.

SHIT SON
    Just running Snitch seems like a crazy combo. EVERY piece of ICE you encounter, they HAVE to rez? Fuuuuucck...

SHIT SON
    Just running Snitch seems like a crazy combo. EVERY piece of ICE you encounter, they HAVE to rez? Fuuuuucck...

Snitch once per run only. Lemuria Codecracker now becomes serious business.
  • Somebody needs to shop Moseby into one of those GRNDL cards.
  • Yeah. I think I'm either going to quit the game or just play very casually. I have everything current up to that big box thingy. I'm almost tempted to just sell everything I have for like $100. I'd rather just do other things.

I don't forsee myself wanting to make time for this game, even though it is pretty cool.

:'(
  • edited September 2013
    ^ That's kinda where I'm at. I'll keep it since I still like playing it from time to time, but I should have just got the core set and stopped there. I just figured I was gonna get more into it than I was.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • edited September 2013
    I am *so* pumped for Blackguard - any time it gets used, you're either draining the corp's econ and gaining info about the ice in play, or you've learned that the corp is incapable of rezzing a piece of ice without more creds. The cost is pretty steep, but it's definitely manageable for crim. Are you ready for the following turn?

SHIT SON

Snitch once per run only. Lemuria Codecracker now becomes serious business.
    True, but Snitch isn't unique - use the extra memory afforded from Blackguard, you can force the corp to rez every ice you encounter, AND you get the opportunity to jack out before encountering (except the first ice). Do that up to 3X per run, suddenly the corp has no econ and you have full knowledge of the ice in play.

Holy shit I want to build an Andromeda deck with this SO bad.

-EDIT- Nope, works on the first piece of ice too. My god.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • Just got home from AMAZING NYC monthly tournament at the strat. I'm sure a tournament report will appear soon. Spoiler, I came in SECOND place. If I had won one more game, I would have secured first. My friend Chris is just too good, and he swept me in the final match. At least the final game was an incredible game of all time greatness.

My corp deck was pretty much identical to the one I used at PAX. It won 4/5 rounds, only losing to Chris in the epic finale.

Scorch C&C (49 cards)

Weyland Consortium: Building a Better World

Agenda (11)
    3 Government Contracts
    3 Hostile Takeover
    2 Posted Bounty
    3 Project Atlas

Asset (2)
    2 Cerebral Overwriter

Operation (16)
    1 Archived Memories
    3 Beanstalk Royalties
    3 Green Level Clearance
    3 Hedge Fund
    2 Power Grid Overload
    3 Scorched Earth
    1 SEA Source

Barrier (7)
    3 Bastion
    1 Hadrian's Wall
    3 Ice Wall

Code Gate (3)
    3 Datapike

Sentry (10)
    3 Archer
    3 Caduceus
    2 Data Raven
    2 Shadow

My runner deck this time was Whizzard/Darwin. I had been playing with it for a few weeks. Sometimes it won, sometimes it got crushed. I was not too confident in it, but I knew how to wield it better than I did the other deck I had. It won 3/5 games. Chris was also playing Whizzard/Darwin. The top two players in this months tournament were playing Whizzard/Darwin. Take that and shove it up your metagame!

The Whale (45 cards)

Whizzard: Master Gamer

Event (8)
    2 Infiltration
    3 Sure Gamble
    3 Surge

Hardware (12)
    3 Cyberfeeder
    2 E3 Feedback Implants
    2 Plascrete Carapace
    2 Spinal Modem
    3 The Personal Touch

Resource (9)
    3 Daily Casts
    2 Ice Carver
    2 Kati Jones
    2 Professional Contacts

Icebreaker (7)
    1 Corroder
    1 Crypsis
    3 Darwin
    1 Mimic
    1 Yog.0

Program (9)
    3 Datasucker
    3 Djinn
    1 Medium
    2 Parasite
  • Congrats! Does this mean you are more likely to try your luck at the official Netrunner event that clashes with the Burning Wheel event?
  • Congrats! Does this mean you are more likely to try your luck at the official Netrunner event that clashes with the Burning Wheel event?
    I think I'll be able to go to the Netrunner tournament on Saturday, then go to the last session of Burning Con Saturday. I'll also still be able to go to both sessions of Burning Con on Sunday. So I'll only miss 2/5ths of Burning Con.
  • So I'm currently playing around with this deck:

NBN: The World is Yours

3 Astroscript
    3 Project Beale
    2 Breaking News
    2 Corporate War

3 Viktor 2.0 *********
    3 Flare
    3 Popup Window
    3 Tollbooth
    3 Eli 1.0 ***

2 Bernice Mai
    2 SanSan City Grid

2 Private Contracts
    2 Melange Mining Corp

1 Closed Accounts
    3 Anonymous Tip
    3 Hedge Fund

I just added Bernice yesterday and haven't had the chance to play with her yet, but I've been brainstorming more changes at work:

+2 Archer ****
    +2 Adonis Campaign ****
    +2 Freelancer
    +1 Green Level Clearance *
    ---
    -3 Viktor 2.0 *********
    -1 Flare
    -2 Private Contracts
    -1 Anonymous Tip

Archer is the card I'm most unsure about. Ideally, it serves as a nasty surprise, but my local competition is mostly intermediate level players. Adonis Campaign doesn't require clicks the same way that Private Contracts does, and can still be emergency rezzed to drain funds during an Account Siphon run. Freelancer as tag punishment actually seems viable since everyone seems to be running their economy on resources. Green Level Clearance made the cut because I had one influence left, and it makes a 40 card fast advance deck one card smaller.

Once Opening Moves hits, I'm going to be finding a way to swap in Jackson Howard and Celebrity Gift. That six-card hand limit is starting to seem mighty fine.
  • Novelty decks I would love to build but would never work out in my favor: Replicating Perfection + 3X Data Ravens protecting centrals + 3X Dedicated Response Team.

Wanna run *anything*? You'd better have a Decoy or Inside Job, else you're taking 6 meat damage, fucker.
  • Novelty decks I would love to build but would never work out in my favor: Replicating Perfection + 3X Data Ravens protecting centrals + 3X Dedicated Response Team.

Wanna run *anything*? You'd better have a Decoy or Inside Job, else you're taking 6 meat damage, fucker.
    Not true. Let's say they have a data raven on the central. They run it, and then don't take the tag from data raven, ending the run. then they run the remote and trash DRT.

I played a replicating deck with two DRT once. Occasionally I could set it up to be annoying, but not too often. It's better to just play replicating straight up.
  • Oh shit you're right. Oh well, I'll stick with my "is it a junebug or a beale" NBN novelty deck.
  • Lots of spoilers showing up on http://www.reddit.com/r/netrunner

So many Jinteki goodies! I love Yagura as anti-facecheck ice.
  • If there's one near you (or even not-so-near), definitely go hit up the Plugged In Tour. Everyone gets a pretty nice alt-art Gabe, top players walk away with bags and playmats, and there are FFG guys who come by to hang out and accept challenges. Lots of fun, and I got to play against the FFG challenge decks which include those unreleased cards.
  • Just got back from the Cambridge one, had a blast despite losing half my games. One guy was using Cerebral Imaging and actually managed to kick ass with it. Definitely check it out!
  • Just got back from the Cambridge one, had a blast despite losing half my games. One guy was using Cerebral Imaging and actually managed to kick ass with it. Definitely check it out!
    Did you challenge the FFG corp? Which card did you sign? ;)

Did you challenge the FFG corp? Which card did you sign? ;)

Never got a chance, despite getting there early they had a steady stream of challengers up until the tournament started. I saw all the cool shit in action, though. Damon definitely knows his way around Jinteki.

To those who attended/are attending Plugged-In events, which identity are you voting/have you voted for? I think both are strong, but I ended up going for Fisk in the hopes that he'll bring about more interesting cards to complement his ability.
  • FISK
    Did you see The Swordsman? Oh no, Atman and Whale need moar parasite. Or a non AI breaker. GO GO Jinteki!