This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Tuesday - Gaming News Roundup

edited October 2013 in GeekNights

Tonight on GeekNights, back from Istanbul and PAX (for real this time), we consider the Steam Box, PAC-MAN CE DX+ on Steam, Mighty Number 9, and The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. We're also resuming production of GeekNights Presents: Utena, and will soon be streaming many more... things.

Download MP3
Source Link

Comments

• More streaming FTW

I'm also wanting to get on the streaming wagon.
  • Wait...the Like Between Worlds renting items think took place in the Satellaview version of a Link to the Past as the prequel. The reason being since you only had 15 minutes to play and didn't get the item you would be hosed. I think this could be a straight remake of that game.
  • Wait...the Like Between Worlds renting items think took place in the Satellaview version of a Link to the Past as the prequel. The reason being since you only had 15 minutes to play and didn't get the item you would be hosed. I think this could be a straight remake of that game.
    Nintendo is not being very clear if Link Between Worlds is a sequel or a remake. They have used the word sequel, but everything they show looks like remake. I don't want a remake. I am only interested in completely new content, as in all new overworld, all new dungeons. You will not take my money for the same dungeons again.
    Nintendo is not being very clear if Link Between Worlds is a sequel or a remake. They have used the word sequel, but everything they show looks like remake. I don't want a remake. I am only interested in completely new content, as in all new overworld, all new dungeons. You will not take my money for the same dungeons again.
    In that game the over world was the game but the Dungeons were different and in some cases time based.
    In that game the over world was the game but the Dungeons were different and in some cases time based.
    It's funny how we have this very small set of games that were on Satellite, SEGA Channel, etc. that have been pretty much lost to time. If someone wanted to, they could recreate that kind of experience on the net, but the only thing even close was 1 vs. 100 on XBoz.
    It's funny how we have this very small set of games that were on Satellite, SEGA Channel, etc. that have been pretty much lost to time. If someone wanted to, they could recreate that kind of experience on the net, but the only thing even close was 1 vs. 100 on XBoz.
    Its a shame outside of the few super hits (BS Zelda, Chrono Trigger Novel, Mario Excitebike) the rest have been forgotten, would love to see an online version of this with the Internet.
  • Gaming then turns into TV, then it will immediately be filled with ads.
    Just because you have to play a particular game at a particular time doesn't mean it will necessarily have ads, though someone will definitely try it. Think SaltyBet as a game where you have to play at a particular time.
    Just because you have to play a particular game at a particular time doesn't mean it will necessarily have ads, though someone will definitely try it. Think SaltyBet as a game where you have to play at a particular time.
    See 1 vs 100 on XBLA

See 1 vs 100 on XBLA

You mean that game I just mentioned two posts ago?

• Having scheduled public gaming sessions could be a great thing... for MMOs.

Every night at 8, biggest mu fuckin game you'll ever play 10000 vs 10000. Lets go!
  • edited October 2013
    Gaming then turns into TV, then it will immediately be filled with ads.
    See 1 vs 100 on XBLA

You mean that game I just mentioned two posts ago?

Yes, yes you did. When I skimmed your post I missed that.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Nintendo has been clear that it is a sequel. Never once has the word remake been used. That was in old interviews prior to the actual game announcement.

ALBW is a new game, and they have shown off new areas and dungeons in the trailers. In the trailer from yesterday you can even see a windmill thingy that was definitely not in ALttP. So I'm hopeful for plenty of new content.
  • edited October 2013
    @Rym: Besides the beta product Steam is not developing the hardware themselves. They're basically doing what you thought would happen.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Nintendo has been clear that it is a sequel. Never once has the word remake been used. That was in old interviews prior to the actual game announcement.

ALBW is a new game, and they have shown off new areas and dungeons in the trailers. In the trailer from yesterday you can even see a windmill thingy that was definitely not in ALttP. So I'm hopeful for plenty of new content.
    Yes, why did anyone think this is a remake? It's clearly a new game for all the reasons you mentioned, you just need to watch a trailer to see that.

A NEW Zelda game! Get excited people! FFS...

Yes, why did anyone think this is a remake? It's clearly a new game for all the reasons you mentioned, you just need to watch a trailer to see that.

A NEW Zelda game! Get excited people! FFS...

Excited if true.
  • Oh almost forgot to mention. You can play all Steam games on Steam OS due to the streaming capabilities with your windows PC.
  • Oh almost forgot to mention. You can play all Steam games on Steam OS due to the streaming capabilities with your windows PC.
    Ooooooh.