This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Tuesday - Neuroshima Hex!

edited October 2013 in GeekNights

Tonight on GeekNights, we consider the best game to play while pooping: Neuroshima Hex! In the news, PS4 owners lose backward compatibility with headsets, and Yoshi's Cookie is being removed from the virtual console.

Download MP3
Source Link

Comments

• You bishes and your poop talk.
  • It's poop season.

Poop season culminates in the pooping holiday of the year, also known as Thanksgiving.
  • Poop season is everyday, sometimes even twice a day.
  • www.poopseason.com
  • I am going to have to get back into Neuroshima Hex now that all of these extra armies are out. I mastered that game like 3 years ago when it was one of the first quality iOS board games, but I haven't played it in ages. The only time I remember playing was getting stomped by Scott while waiting for food at a restaurant a few months back. I was green and he was blue, and I drew just about every move and battle tile to start the game!

I can't imagine playing this as a boardgame. I've seen it played at NerdNYC and it just did not look like much fun.

Other thoughts on the episode:
    - Fuck Sony. They'll take any chance they can get to go proprietary. Buy their shit and pay the price. My wife bought a camera a while back: non-standard battery, non-standard USB cable (!), and of course, fucking Memory Stick instead of the tons of SD cards I have lying around.
    - Fuck Nintendo. You don't even realize how bad the Virtual Console situation is. The Wii U VC is a completely separate shop, where games need to be re-purchased, and there is barely anything in the store. That system is dead in the water. They need to release ALL THE GAMES.
  • There is no one standard rechargable battery for digital cameras. They all use weird ones, but at least there are generic options.
  • edited October 2013
    There is no one standard rechargable battery for digital cameras. They all use weird ones, but at least there are generic options.
    This was back in 2007, when most entry-level cameras did NOT come with a rechargeable battery. Every camera we had up to that point (and for a while after) ran off of our family's stock of rechargeable AAs, but not this little Sony abortion. It wasn't a feature, it was a way to get you to buy your spares and replacements from Mr. Sony.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • So this morning I realized there were three new armies in there. I'm probably late to the game, but I bought them right away. They are all really interesting. Well, the dark green one is less interesting and the bright orange "dancers" are the most interesting.
  • Did not know about this game, I'm not even in the toilet long enough to finish a duel so I play it on public transport.
  • I'm still learning this game... after a week I can beat the computer 90% of the time in a yellow vs. blue match on the hardest difficulty. Started up a game as green vs. red and lost 3 to 18.