This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Android: Netrunner

Comments

• FISK is cool. The collective seems pretty janky. 55 and 5 seems like it is pretty terrible.
  • The FFG guys said the Albany vote was definitely Fisk-leaning, though the previous day was similarly bent towards Collective. I think the vote between areas may differ based on that area's current meta, which would make for some fascinating regional analysis later on.
  • edited October 2013
    I've been posting these in the thread about "Youtube video you have made", but I'll post this one here instead. It's uploading now. Will finish soon.

Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited October 2013
  • edited October 2013
    Scott: Are we gonna get to see your HB "slow-advance" deck anytime soon? Looking forward to commentary on that, since it's surprisingly under-utilized in the current meta, at least in my area.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • edited October 2013
    Scott: Are we gonna get to see your HB "slow-advance" deck anytime soon? Looking forward to commentary on that, since it's surprisingly under-utilized in the current meta, at least in my area.
    Under construction.

• Store also got the new data pack in today. OH SNAP.
  • Apreche said:
    Money grab for the Magic players, that simple.
  • Coldguy said:

Money grab for the Magic players, that simple.

Limited is the only reason I still occasionally play MtG with physical cards. Limited is the only thing Netrunner has been missing. Of course, unless those are for sealed deck, you could just as easily use whatever rules FFG comes up with to make a cube and draft that for 0 extra dollars. :P
  • edited November 2013
    pence said:

Limited is the only reason I still occasionally play MtG with physical cards. Limited is the only thing Netrunner has been missing. Of course, unless those are for sealed deck, you could just as easily use whatever rules FFG comes up with to make a cube and draft that for 0 extra dollars. :P

Pretty much what I'm gonna do. I know some guys that are into MTG drafting but haven't played any Netrunner. I'm hoping this'll be enough to turn them.
    Post edited by Admiral Hotcakes on
  • Looks like there are special identity cards for drafting, similar to the cube rules that the editors at Stimhack were coming up with a few months ago:
  • QUOTE: If you draft five Sure Gambles you can have five Sure Gambles.

MIND BLOWN

• Ok, so here's how it works. You buy a starter for $5. You buy this once ever. It has armitage, priority req, crypsis, and pad campaign. It also has a corp and runner identity with infinite influence, but no other ability. 30 card minimum deck sizes.

Then everyone buys a draft pack. There are separate corp and runner packs. They are a little over $10 each. You take ten cards off the top. Pick one, pass to the left. Play 7 Wonders basically. Then repeat 3 times alternating left/right. If it's a half-draft runner and corp sit and draft separately. If a full draft. you draft corps completely, then runners.

Once you are done you make decks from your cards and play. No other cards can get brought in (obviously). You play normal Netrunner tournament rules, except for two changes. First you only play to 6, not 7 points. Second, you can modify your decks between matches using the cards you have drafted. Even though Netrunner has no scouting, drafts are SUPER no scouting.

Hey, who drafted all the scorches? Ok, I'll only play Plascrete against them. Tee hee hee.
  • You could totally cube draft with those rules. Everyone buys the starter and gets the equivalent of a set of basic lands (basic econ), then you make a cube and draft it.
  • Why is everyone so obsessed with changing things up and whatnot? PLAY THE GAME AS DESIGNED.
  • Apreche said:

Why is everyone so obsessed with changing things up and whatnot? PLAY THE GAME AS DESIGNED.

• Yeah, not getting involved in that. Never buying more Netrunner cards. Only playing with the non-draft cards I already own.
  • edited November 2013
    It's fun as hell, and different enough from traditional Netrunner that it doesn't interfere with the game as it's played - even this official set for drafting is definitely being treated as independent from the normal game, what with cards marked for draft and draft-specific IDs.

Play it or don't, your call.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • I may look into getting a couple of draft packs and combining Ro and my cards for a cube if I can get my friends more interested in the game. If not, I think we might be looking to sell our cards.
  • Neocloud said:

I may look into getting a couple of draft packs and combining Ro and my cards for a cube if I can get my friends more interested in the game. If not, I think we might be looking to sell our cards.

Why not just keep it as a 2 player game? Unless you really need the money I guess. My friend has just 1 core. He treats it as a board game and breaks it out for occasional games when someone comes over.

If you have a couple of data packs, you basically have a REALLY good 2 player game :) No need to keep buying more, if you don't want to.

• Why not just keep it as a 2 player game? Unless you really need the money I guess. My friend has just 1 core. He treats it as a board game and breaks it out for occasional games when someone comes over.

If you have a couple of data packs, you basically have a REALLY good 2 player game :) No need to keep buying more, if you don't want to.

Most of the time when I have friends over, it is more than just one, and we are involved in games that take more than 2 players, or just don't feel like excluding anyone. The local participation is very limited (if any), and the areas where there are more players is both far, and full of more hardcore players than we would like.

We have everything through Creation and Control. Setting up a Cube would be optimal while still keeping the cards, that way more people could play, draft style, while keeping it as a 2 player game... We could just do our own little tournament.
  • edited November 2013
    FFG is streaming live this morning. They are down to the top 16 players. A world champion will be crowned.

Watch live video from ffglive on www.twitch.tv

All NY people I know have lost T_T. One made it to the round of 32. He was also on the stream yesterday, which you can watch here. He played against Veen and SPLIT! Veen is the guy who won this year's PAX Prime tournament. He's SUPER dangerous.

Watch live video from m on www.twitch.tv
  • And the champ is crowned! Thankfully Andrew Veen did not win, and was stuck in second place. I met him at PAX and played a friendly game where he stomped me. We didn't get paired up in the actual tournament. Not a bad dude, but there's something about him that makes me root against him. Maybe it's too many humblebrags. One of my tertiary objectives will be to cast him as a villain in the community, for funs.

Can't wait to see what happens between now and next year in Netrunner land.

Wow. Much punk. Running. So cyber.
  • Yeah. Guy is ok. A bit of a smug guy, but not cool smug.
  • Rochelle said:

Yeah. Guy is ok. A bit of a smug guy, but not cool smug.

He's YOUR Seattle guy.

• Yeah. I know exactly who he is. I've played against him. That's cool he's representin' Seattle taking 2nd place, but then again he's THAT sort of guy. He has mad skills, both him and his friend.