This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Utena Wiki in dire need of more articles

edited October 2013 in Anime
The Utena wiki is missing a lot of characters and is generally rather sparse. It would be cool if some of the fans here showed up and started editing it. I added a page or two, but some more wiki savvy contributors would really help.
Post edited by Viethra on

Comments

• I have never watched Utena and, frankly, it ain't high on my list. Gotta, at least, finish The West Wing and Arrow first.
  • Gotta, at least, finish The West Wing fifteen more times first.
    FTFY
  • I have never watched Utena and, frankly, it ain't high on my list. Gotta, at least, finish The West Wing and Arrow first.
    Priorities. You're doing them wrong.
    The West Wing takes priority over everything else. Including breathing.

Someone will get the power to revolutionize the world before you finish watching that garbage.
    Someone will get the power to revolutionize the world before you finish watching that garbage.
    This. I don't know what Arrow is, but I can't think of many things that you shouldn't watch instead of the West Wing.
  • I do enjoy the fact that only the very first post is on topic. (This post included).
  • I do enjoy the fact that only the very first post is on topic. (This post included).
    This would fit well into that Utena slap video Rym likes so much (actually pretty much every post in here would, this post included).
  • I doubt Scott has watched The West Wing, so we'll let him sit there in his wrongness and continue to be wrong.

But seriously, I'm just into the third season and it's currently the best TV show I've ever watched.
  • It's a show about politics. C'mon now. You all should know by now.

I still have yet to watch it. (>人<;)
  • It's on Netflix streaming. Not the highest quality, but it works.
    In the original Japanese language?

• Oh, I hope Bartlet-sama finally notices me today...
    In the original Japanese language?

• Yeah I would rather Kill la Kill than Rym's poncy Utena. ;)
  • edited November 2013

Yeah I would rather Kill la Kill than Rym's poncy Utena. ;)

I don't really get why people call it poncy. It's easy to say that about Evangelion because of the symbolism being inconsistent in it's relevance, but everything in Utena is pretty easy to understand. All the literature references makes sense and add to the story, and knowing about the esoteric crap actually helps you understand what the point is. Basically, Utena takes sexist Gnosticism and kicks it's wrinkly bum with bad ass feminism and a humanistic perspective of enlightenment. The show is all like, "Wake up from your stuffy lotus eater coffin and smell the aromatic yuri roses, bitch!" to anyone that gets so caught up in the mysteries of spirituality that they can't see it's wonders all around us in the world, and who give up on being sincere or profound in favor of ideologically incestuous gobbledygook. Basically, the show's whole point is to teach us not to be pretentious little shits, and what do people do, accuse it of doing just that. The viewer can either take her revolution, or go back into the upside down castle and play with the toy car and the planetarium.

p.s. I don't think Eva is poncy, but it's still really easy to say it is without some who gets it arguing with you. Everyone kinda knows it can be easy to get confused and look for the wrong things. I mean, it's not that hard, but it isn't beginner level either. I'm talking about the themes and meaning, not the literal events that transpire. "There's a JPEG that explains that."
    Post edited by Viethra on