This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MAGSuite is evolving...

into the MAGCondo.

I'm working with Coldguy to run a room for MAGFest. We've gotten a pretty good deal on a 2 Bedroom Condo at the Wyndham which is a block or two away from the convention center.

We currently have 4 people committed to the room and we're seeking 4 more. We're seeking people willing to commit money in advance, because the stipulation is that money is paid within 30 days of check-in. In this case we'd need people to commit and send money by the 31st of November. Due to the nature of the arrangement I can't offer refunds if you cancel, so please be sure you can commit to this.

It's $150 per person, Check-in is 4PM Jan. 1 (Wednesday), Check-out is 10AM Jan. 6 (Monday). That's 5 days.

The goal is to have a pre-con party and post-con party. During the con, the place is strictly crash space.

Message me here or send an email to rrosin02 at hotmail dot com with MAGCondo in the title.

Comments

• edited November 2013
    You got my payment that I sent, right? It was a few weeks back now, I think.
    (I'm Axel.of.the.key BTW.)
    Post edited by Axel on
  • Got it. Stupid paypal didn't send me the note that someone sent me a payment. :( You're in.

So now we just need 3 more before December first. :D Not impossible.
  • Okay, cool. :)
  • Just to let everyone know this is the room: http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p472024vb
  • edited November 2013
    Wow, that is actually really damn nice. If I had the scratch and knew for sure I'd be going to MagFest, I'd be in like Flynn.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Is the $150 for the week or is it $150 a night?
  • woodchuck said:

Is the $150 for the week or is it $150 a night?

The whole week

• edited November 2013
    "Send money by the 31st of November".

That's going to be really hard to enforce, considering. :P

Anyway, sarcastic comments aside, I'm in.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • I will send the monies before the 31st :D
  • I forgot November has only 30 days. :P aka "The end of the month"

Neito, Erwin, your on the list.

At this point I believe we are full, but I will take names for a wait list. Just in case people have last minute changes in plans.
  • Actually, I'd only be in if Yuyuke were also in. Otherwise, I'd be finding a room with him.
  • Neito said:

Actually, I'd only be in if Yuyuke were also in. Otherwise, I'd be finding a room with him.

That should be fine.
  • Let me know if you have room for me and Lewis, were looking for a room now.
  • Viga, you and Lewis are in.

Update: The MAGCondo is currently full. There exists the possibility of last minute changes so anything after this post is the MAGCondo wait list. It's happened before, so I'd rather get a list of people who'd be ready to jump in, on the off-chance we get a cancellation. Leave contact details of some sort and I'll contact you directly if something changes.
  • I would like to get on the list.
  • Where do I send the money to, good sir?
  • Neito said:

Where do I send the money to, good sir?

Coldguy said:

If you want in Paypal in the money to rrosin02@hotmail.com it will be first come first serve.

• Sent. Yuyuke's sending his now, too.
  • Thank you very much I have received it.
  • Update: Barring someone dropping out. Please do not send any more monies in as of November 27th.
  • edited November 2013
    I am sending the monies today, sorry I was out of town for the holidays and I didn't took my laptop.

Edit: Sorry about the lateness, I send it before I read anything on the comments. Am I still in? If not, is cool -_-!
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • Sorry Erwin. I sent the money back. If space opens up you're on the list.
  • Hey Erwin, I may have some open spaces in my hotel if you want to stay. It's in the Hampton, but it is for Thursday to Sunday. I'm posting here, but my room will have some open spaces for cool people who need a room.
  • I am down, let me know how much for the room :D
  • As a general headsup, as long as you can find a Wyndham vacation rentals "owner", you can rent a suite through them. Obviously, it's more difficult without established relationship/escrow service/guarantees. Wyndham generally ends up being a scam for most "owners", so there are a lot of people desperate to sell off their shares. If you do stay at a Wyndham resort, DO NOT go to the "free tour" despite the bonus they may offer, unless you're in the mood for unethical sales tactics.
  • I would still love to go to Magfest; but I just started a new job; I don't know if it is safe to take the leave.
  • If you do stay at a Wyndham resort, DO NOT go to the "free tour" despite the bonus they may offer, unless you're in the mood for unethical sales tactics.

Thanks for the heads up on this.
  • Hopefully we can give the staff the brush off for any "tours".

Just to let people know who signed up here, the Wyndham is in the same building as the CVS.
  • Excellent. Snacks ahoy!
  • Will we be receiving more information/contact within the next couple days? Seeing as how the first night is next Wednesday, I imagine getting people's info so everyone can check in is important.