This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Official GeekNights CounterStrike: GO Server

Comments

• Who wants to counter some strikes tonight?
  • I'm playing now on the server for a while!

To rainy to bike today.
  • Does the server have the payback maps?
  • Does the server have the payback maps?
    Not yet. Been busy. It's a pain to add maps.

• Just give me the password. I'll do it. ~_^
  • Hmm... I may well make you a sub-admin. I definitely don't have much time to do it myself, though I keep paying for the thing. ;^)
  • I've done some CS:GO adminning too if you need more help.
  • OK, sometime tomorrow I'll give you guys subadmin access to the thing. ;^) We'll get this server rockin!
  • Rym, CTRL+A. I don't actually want to do it. Let Pegu go nuts, though.
  • Anyone want to play tonight?
  • I tried and got 308 ping from Australia, even the bots were getting shots off before me.
  • I'll be popping in and out tonight, let's see if we can get a crowd going on there.
  • So do any of you guys still play?
  • Yep but the last time I went on the GN server it was messed up and the forum seems to have died down a bit. If people want to get some games going again then Im more than up for it.
  • My shit is fucked up so I got to counter/strike you II: it's straight-up go time.
  • Ugh, I've been banned from the server for shooting the stupid bots that keep getting in the way in fire fights.
  • Leave the unwashed masses to their spunkgargleweewee, join the Master Race on CS:GO now!
  • I will try to unban you tonight. ;^)

I will also make sure the server is completely up to date. Winter is coming: I expect to be playing a lot more CS in the nearing future.
  • edited December 2013
    Should we set up some sort of weekly time to do this? Every time I'm on I take a peek at the server, but I rarely see anyone on it. Perhaps even set up an event for the group on steam?
    Post edited by Lt. Chibi on
  • Hosting a server is pointless IMHO. I only play through the competitive match making service. It's much easier to grab four people than nine.
  • Lt. Chibi said:

Every time I'm on I take a peek at the server, but I rarely see anyone on it.

I do this every time. I suspect we're all playing our own games, waiting for a critical mass on the server.
    Andrew said:

Hosting a server is pointless IMHO. I only play through the competitive match making service. It's much easier to grab four people than nine.

Yeah, but our own little deal has its advantages, too. It isn't super serial, Rym can set alltalk, change the mode to gungame, etc.
  • edited December 2013
    It don't be letting me join! 6/8!

Edit: Hmm, now it isn't even showing in my server list. Maintenance by Rym?
    Post edited by Starfox on
  • Starfox said:

Lt. Chibi said:

Every time I'm on I take a peek at the server, but I rarely see anyone on it.

I do this every time. I suspect we're all playing our own games, waiting for a critical mass on the server.
    I had been popping in every so often to a server full of bots.
  • It's on, come join usssssss...
  • Starfox said:

It's on, come join usssssss...

I had uninstalled got another 10 min until installation completes.

• I was a magnet tonight which tells me I need to play more.
  • Super cereal? If you aren't playing to win, why bother. :smugdog:
  • There was a maintenance event earlier that I had no control over. Seems over now.
  • Server's workin' fine. ^_~