This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• Fail: I want to get back into the game, and that's shit is expensive.
    Compare it to Warhammer. Shit ain't got nothing.

Magic was a great fucking game. Still is, actually.

• It is. I just read up on some stuff about old cards. If it's been reprinted in the in a set that's usable in a tournament's format, it's still good! So for a Modern tournament anything from M8 and up is still good. A suprising amount of our old stuff is still good.

I really liked the everyone gets a deck builder's box and 6 random packs tournament. It makes you work with what you've got. You may not exactly what you want, but it stops the guy with the 3000$ deck from stomping you to the ground.
  • Boo-Yah: Made it back to Maker Fair this year. Made record time (40min) from my house to Queens
    Fail: Daughter began spewing projectile vomit 30 min in.
    Boo-yah: Excuse to buy new clothes at Maker Fair?
    Fail: Had to leave. Moneys on tickets, travel, and overpriced clothes all wasted.
  • I was sitting on my leg. It fell asleep. The doorbell rang, a package from Amazon!

Fail; Very nearly fell on my face, walking to the door.
    Win; I now have a kotatsu.
  • Booyah: Moving in with girlfriend and her awesomely chill parents. Free rent for a few months until we get our own place in March or so.
    Fail: Seem to be slightly allergic to something in the house.
    Booyah: Zyrtec seems to be working.
  • GeoGeo
    edited November 2013
    Fail: I just turned my resignation in for that writing job I just got a little while ago.

Boo-yah: My reasons for it were that I found out that my professor (the person who hired me) is actually crazy. Not the fun kind of crazy, the "you need medical attention...I don't feel safe with you in public kind ". She mentioned me writing articles about choice subjects like the whole world is crazy except her, the "Hitler Baby", and other strange, messed up shit that could have wrecked any reputation I could have had. She also shouted fuck, loudly I might add, in the middle of a semi crowded Indian restaurant as I was working with her as well as threw a butter knife at me from across the table for annoying her with something I said (something rather benign).

Just for the sake of validation, do you guys think I made the right call by getting out of Dodge?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited November 2013
    Emphatically yes.

Although, all of that sounds like decent screenplay material.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Walker said:

Emphatically yes.

I think I'm going to have to write that now...

To contextualize, you are the fourth person to say that to me. This must be a sign.

• Geo said:

Walker said:

Emphatically yes.

I think I'm going to have to write that now...

To contextualize, you are the fourth person to say that to me. This must be a sign.
    She crazy; you did right. Now write some of that. Maybe a screenplay about a writer working for a crazy producer.
  • I think I now fully realize why this thread is here.

Boo-yah: Went to publishing party and met some really lovely people. Got a few business cards. Really clicked with one person and talked for an hour with them.

Fail: Got a little too drunk, spilled red wine all over myself, said "Welp! I guess it's time I go." I put on a jacket and left.

No one laughed or anything. People noticed. Shit wa sin slow motion. They seemed to just ignore it happened. I didn't spill it on anyone else... but the rug got some.

Maybe I should have just said "fuck it" and stayed. In fact, I feel like the "fail" was leaving. Things aren't embarrassing if you have no shame, and some people admire that kind of quality in a person. But me? I have shame. That sucks. Need to fix that.

It's like there is this bucket list for me:

1) Crash into a parked car: Check.
    2) Walk into a glass door: Check
    3) Knock my teeth out bumping into a parking meter: Check
    4) Knock my teeth out: Check
    5) Spill red wine on myself at a party in front of important people: ... fucking check.

But you know... They say there is no such thing as bad publicity. But really, do I want to follow up with these people like "Hey, you remember me, right? The dude who spilled wine all over himself?"

Anyway, thank something's uncle for this fucking thread so I can put this here. I found myself literally running home. I couldn't control myself. I just needed to get here. I needed to vent.

Then boom, I went to wash everything I was wearing and found all those business cards. Time to start working on follow-up emails...
  • Boo Yah - Got accepted to do my 3rd Bachelor's degree

Fail - By the end of the degree It will have taken me 9 years of full time University and 7 years of working slave labour as a Veterinary Surgeon to understand that having free time, being valued, treated with dignity and having a social life is more important than working for the sake of working.
  • Fail: I accidentally turned in the same assignment for two separate assignment blocks back in November in my online classes.
    Double-fail: I didn't find out about it until December 10 when I checked my school email account, a full 15 days after the assignment was due.

Boo-yah: Instructor went ahead and let me submit it anyway.
    Double-boo-yah: Instructor didn't dock me any points for a late submission!
    Triple-boo-yah: I'm rocking the grades in my online classes and my quest to finally finish up my B.S. in IT and get my happy ass a better job in a better location. Finals are over for this semester, final grades are coming in, and unless I totally get reamed on the grading on one of my final projects, I don't think I'll be getting anything lower than a B.
  • Fail: Load tests last night had a negative effect on some customer data and I've spent all day tracking it all down.
    Boo-yah: Learning a lot about file manipulation in Linux. Probably stuff I should've learned long ago, but I've never really needed it until now.
  • Fail: My favorite website...Spill.com, is shutting down because the owners don't want to support it anymore. Sad times.

Boo-Yah: The new website set up by the creator, Korey Coleman, has already kickstarted a new website that has already surpassed it's goal within 24 hours. kickstarter.com/projects/573779592/it-aint-going-down-like-that-korey-colemans-new-si It'll take some time, but I can't wait.

Really happy about this turnout.
  • Boo-Yah: I'm going on the Art History field trip to NYC!
    Fail: I have to bunk with one of the most annoying kids in my grade, and can't switch because there's only one boys room
    Boo-Yah: I'm still going on the Art History field trip!
    Double Boo Yah: and it's the same weekend that my close friend is going to be there for totally unrelated reasons.
  • Boo-Yah; Job interview that is pretty up my ally, at least to some extent. That would pay well and give me a good stepping stone. Pretty much a cert to get it pending a quick questionaire.

Fail; Emailed back with in ten muniets of finishing the questionaire saying I did not get the job as I am to much of a sales man and seem to focused on interaction with people. This is a job were I would have been acting as a go between customers as IT people...I have no words.
  • Amp said:

Boo-Yah; Job interview that is pretty up my ally, at least to some extent. That would pay well and give me a good stepping stone. Pretty much a cert to get it pending a quick questionaire.

Fail; Emailed back with in ten muniets of finishing the questionaire saying I did not get the job as I am to much of a sales man and seem to focused on interaction with people. This is a job were I would have been acting as a go between customers as IT people...I have no words.

Yep, I've had that one too. Did a questionnaire at a clinic where the interviewer spent 3x the length speaking to me over the other candidates. The results of a computer questionnaire after the interview apparently spat out my entire personality and according to it my "emotional quotient" was too low and it would imbalance the practice's "emotional quotient" average.

Employers and employment systems can be incredibly flawed.
  • Omnutia said:

Bad Qi?

You got me, I make purple fireballs instead of blue or yellow ones.
  • The pimp qi is strong in this one.
  • Omnutia said:

The pimp qi is strong in this one.

LOL I was thinking of Akuma from Street Fighter but pimp works as well XD.
  • Qi ain't easy but it's necessary.
  • sK0pe said:

Amp said:

Boo-Yah; Job interview that is pretty up my ally, at least to some extent. That would pay well and give me a good stepping stone. Pretty much a cert to get it pending a quick questionaire.

Yep, I've had that one too. Did a questionnaire at a clinic where the interviewer spent 3x the length speaking to me over the other candidates. The results of a computer questionnaire after the interview apparently spat out my entire personality and according to it my "emotional quotient" was too low and it would imbalance the practice's "emotional quotient" average.

I justified it to myself that if they didn't want someone who was friendly to people and more concerned with how a team works then meeting targets well Im not sure I want to work there.
  • Amp said:

sK0pe said:

Amp said:

I justified it to myself that if they didn't want someone who was friendly to people and more concerned with how a team works then meeting targets well Im not sure I want to work there.
    I've also worked at one place which is really into it's "emotional connection" with the clients.
    It was a terribly run businesses (in my experience) because the managers and business owners automatically assume their staff are at fault when any client complaint comes in and they refund their entire bill or discount it, thus devaluing the service (which was always correct, it was just misunderstood or 90% of the clients had learned how to game the system and complain when they saw a new staff member or a non-partner in the clinic). Yet they don't take into account when you save their ass, by stopping them from recommending euthanasia because they can't diagnose something as simple as diabetes. They also ignore that you're the only Veterinarian that the nurses fight each other over to work with.
  • Fail: Jeremy and I finally caved in and went back to ordering digital cable.

Boo-Yah: They made us a really good offer. $10 more month for the basic channels on HD with HBO. That's a freaking bargain. Now we can watch the hand egg with no issues, especially the Superb Owl. Also HBO with HBO Go.

Fail: It doesn't have ESPN. :(

Boo-Yah: The self install kit was awesome. Saved $40 to have some guy come in and do it for us. Also rearranged the living room. We'll probably host a Superb Owl Party.
  • Boo-Yah: Investments in 3D printing are up 85% and 32%.

Fail: I put substantially more into the 32% company, with the 85% being a smaller side-bet.
  • Rochelle said:

Fail: Jeremy and I finally caved in and went back to ordering digital cable.

Boo-Yah: They made us a really good offer. $10 more month for the basic channels on HD with HBO. That's a freaking bargain. Now we can watch the hand egg with no issues, especially the Superb Owl. Also HBO with HBO Go.

Boo-Yah: The self install kit was awesome. Saved $40 to have some guy come in and do it for us. Also rearranged the living room. We'll probably host a Superb Owl Party.

Fail: The Superb Owl and all handegg playoff games are on free public broadcast television. You could watch them with an antenna.
  • Apreche said:

Fail: The Superb Owl and all handegg playoff games are on free public broadcast television. You could watch them with an antenna.

Fail: some buildings (such as my old college dorm) have walls thick enough that you cannot pick up said handegg games with an antenna as they interfere too much with the signal.
  • Apreche said:

Rochelle said:

Fail: Jeremy and I finally caved in and went back to ordering digital cable.

HBO with HBOGo is not really a fail on my end.
  • Using your parents HBOgo account is Win :-p