This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 071024 - Trigun: Final Thoughts

RymRym
edited October 2007 in Anime
Tonight on GeekNights, with numerous spoilers, we present our full and final thoughts on Trigun, which we have previously reviewed. In the news, Japan admits to its inability to deal with foreign piracy, and the bigwigs of American Anime will be meeting to discuss the future of the market.
Scott's Thing - Nad Shots

Rym's Thing - Real Baseball

Comments

• Yes! You don't know how long I've been waiting for this show!
  • I DREAMT of this last night.

I'm not kidding.
  • Ok, everyone lets be honest who cried at some point during thing show (Trigun, not the podcast...because that would be weird).
    *raise hand* at least twice
  • edited October 2007
    I did.
    You know what, fuck spoiler tags, you've been warned enough already.
    Post edited by MitchyD on
    edited October 2007
    You know what, fuck spoiler tags, you've been warned enough already. <3</p>
    There are people who listen to the spoiler line. Yes, they've been warned, and they have avoided the spoilers. Having been warned is not a reason to not include spoiler tags. Your post != GeekNights episode. So just give all spoilers white text, you bothered with the FMA spoilers.

Anyways, Scott sounds awesome all planet eatery person. And final thoughts week sounds awesome. Though it will be hard to have final thoughts about some science, some games and some tom foolery.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Ok, everyone lets be honest who cried at some point during thing show (Trigun, not the podcast...because that would be weird).
    I cried once nonce. How much blacker could my heart be? The answer is none, none more black.

Great episode by the way. I had been waiting for this for a long time.
  • I tried to get into Trigun a while back. I watched the first 2-3 DVDs but just couldn't get into it.
  • That baseball clip clearly did not take place at a regular game. There are no people in the stands, and there are a bunch of guys in different uniforms sitting on some set piece that's on the field. Not to mention... it wasn't even close to a strike. Still funny, though.
  • edited October 2007
    Man, the guy that does the whole nad shot blog must have a tonne of free time.  The Galactus one was one of the funnier ones.  I also thought the Wolverine one was quite inventive.  I'm wondering if they'll grow back bigger.
    The Japanese Baseball thing was funny. I wonder if that would be a legal pitch in an actual baseball game.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • i wonder if that would be a legal pitch in an actual baseball game.
    It would most likely be ruled a balk.
  • You know what, fuckspoilertags, you've been warned enough already.
    The only time I've ever cried while watching/reading/in any other way consuming any form of media is while reading the last pages of Lone Wolf & Cub. I shed a single manly tear at that time.
  • edited October 2007
    Odd Thomas' ending made me shed a man tear.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Which death did you think was better in bebop Rym, thumbs up or "bang"?
  • I really enjoyed this episode, for the simple fact that the final thoughts episodes usually have a lot of information in them, so they're fuller episodes.

I'm hoping for one in something like Star Blazers, or Voltron.
  • I was surprised Scrym didn't specifically mention Vash's final line as leaves leaves his jacket behind in the final episode.

I love that line, and I think sums up the message of the series nicely.
  • I did not cry during the anime, it was good but not that good. Tezuka was the only person that almost made me cry, well it was Dezaki and it was on the Black Jack "Thoughts for Green"
  • edited October 2007
    Final thoughts on Watchmen next? I know it's not anime, but...
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Good job on the summary. I'm glad Rym reached the same conclusion as me on the message of the series.
  • Final thoughts onWatchmennext? I know it's not anime, but...
    Yesplz
  • I REALLY enjoyed watching Trigun, It is a great show, however I must admit I didn't shed a tear while watching it. There were some sad/moving parts, and I did feel upset at some points, but I never felt moved enough to cry.

Guess I have a black heart too...
  • edited October 2007
    Maybe I'm a little late but I only got to listen to this episode yesterday. In the beginning you were talking about shows you tried out this season but I missed Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei in your discussion. I find this show absolutely fantastic and would like to hear what you guys thought about it if you tried it out. If not, I highly urge it to do so because I believe it is a show that could strike a chord with you.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • And final thoughts week sounds awesome. Though it will be hard to have final thoughts about some science, some games and some tom foolery.
    Tonight on GeekNights: Our Final Thoughts on Pre-Copernican Astronomy!

Spoiler: The Earth isn't the center of the universe after all.

Well, at least doing final thoughts on a video/computer game isn't too far out of a concept.

(Original Metroid Spoiler: Samus is a girl.)
  • Oh!
    Forgot to ask this before. Was it just a bad sub or did either Knifes or Vash say at some point near the end that they were both [spoiler] Plants? [/Spoiler] or was I just hearing things?
  • Was it just a bad sub or did either Knifes or Vash say at some point near the end that they were both...
    I thought that was pretty obvious from the plot of the show.  Of course they were. ^_~
  • I thought so, it makes sense, just for some reason recently I have been thinking it was a rather strange thing to say... maybe I was remembering it in the wrong context.
  • The series is completely awesome, but I didn't cry. My only comment on Trigun was that I really disliked the ending when Vash doesn't [spoiler] [spoiler]. I mean it was just stupid. I understand the character development means that will happen, but still.

If you didn't get what I mean just let me know and I'll whisper it to you, but I just really don't want to give anything away.
  • Forgot to ask this before. Was it just a bad sub or did either Knifes or Vash say at some point near the end that they were both [spoiler]Plants?[/Spoiler] or was I just hearing things?

Wait what? I totally missed this... Unless you mean metaphorically. Why wasn't this discussed?
  • Forgot to ask this before. Was it just a bad sub or did either Knifes or Vash say at some point near the end that they were both [spoiler]Plants?[/Spoiler] or was I just hearing things?
    Wait what? I totally missed this... Unless you mean metaphorically. Why wasn't this discussed?
    Um, it's obvious. It's not metaphorically either, it's literal. If you didn't realize that after watching the whole show, I think you need to pay more attention when you watch things.
  • I watched some of the more important episodes again last night, much fun was had :)

I must say however, its not obvious until near the end of the show, though once you watch it again you pick up on little things that make a bit more sense. E.g his scars and his age.