This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Adventure time in a commercial

ispot.tv

Finn and jake were quickly used in a car commercial geared toward a younger audience. Don't know if I'm glad to see the media I enjoy being used... Or slightly annoyed it is being exploited.

What are all your reactions?

Comments

• Couldn't give a shit. The show is still the show, it's quality is not reduced by association.
  • *sniff*sniff* A faint touch of hipster musk is in the air...

So what if the characters appear elsewhere besides the cartoon? If anything, I'd see it as a joyous thing, not something to turn me off.
  • When I read that they were in a comical I got excited but as they are in it for a second, I really don’t care one way or another.
  • I will now put on my cool person glasses and tout the fact that I can't remember the last time I saw a commercial.
  • Matt said:

I will now put on my cool person glasses and tout the fact that I can't remember the last time I saw a commercial.

Yeah. I would be hard pressed to name all of the current car models available.

• TBQH it looks like theyre marketing it towards young-mid 20 somethings and not kids. Why would you market a car towards kids anyway haha. Take a look at how shitty this is though: http://gawker.com/radio-disney-is-promoting-fracking-at-dozens-of-element-1498113339
  • Matt said:

I will now put on my cool person glasses and tout the fact that I can't remember the last time I saw a commercial.

Last time I did was when we were randomly watching Cartoon Network at MagFest, and I commented, "Man, now I remember why I hate TV."

Before that.... Maybe Thanksgiving?
  • Rym said:

Matt said:

Yeah. I would be hard pressed to name all of the current car models available.
    I would be hard pressed to do that and I actually follow the press on such things.
  • Neito said:

Matt said:

Last time I did was when we were randomly watching Cartoon Network at MagFest, and I commented, "Man, now I remember why I hate TV."

Before that.... Maybe Thanksgiving?
    Yeah, before MAGFest for me it was Christmas. Seeing commercials and hearing my parents complain that they didn't like the selection on NetFlix was enough to make me want to leave. They have a SmartTV and Netflix and they're complaining. God, pisses me off.

• Axel said:

Seeing commercials and hearing my parents complain that they didn't like the selection on NetFlix was enough to make me want to leave. They have a SmartTV and Netflix and they're complaining. God, pisses me off.

• Oh god, old people holidays stories. I think I posted this on Twitter but it's worth sharing again here:

My wife's grandmother couldn't see words on the screen of her 32" TV. She only has standard definition cable. Instead of getting an HD box, she ordered a 52" TV.
  • I'm way too old and stuffy to "get" Adventure Time. I think it's insipid.
  • muppet said:

I'm way too old and stuffy to "get" Adventure Time. I think it's insipid.

Really? Then skip the first two seasons. Watch the show when it gets plotty.
  • I don't think the most compelling plot on the planet could make me overlook the annoying, cloying, "ironic stupidity" style humor. I dunno how else to describe it, but bleh.
  • I couldn't really call Adventure Time ironic in any way.
  • Yeah, that's not how I would describe it's sense of humor at all.
  • I don't really find the show funny at all, but its certainly amusing. Enough for me to watch it at least.