This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's handegg season

Comments

• Apreche said:

Thank you Internet.

I recorded it as well, that was cracking me up. It cut away but I think he just rolled out after that because she was like uhhh... okay back to you in the studio.
  • Yeah 2th man!
  • I know opinion is split on that post-game interview but I came down clearly on the side of "I now fucking love Richard Sherman."

I'm going to enjoy this Superbowl because I genuinely like both of these teams. Last year was TORTURE.
  • This Superbowl is exactly what I wanted, Seahawks versus not-the-Patriots.
  • I'll be honest, I want Seattle to lose just so this guys gets made fun of for the rest of his life.
  • I despise Denver, so I'll basically root against nearly anyone playing against them
  • edited January 2014
    Anyone who gets tattoos like that deserves to be made fun of, but of course I still want the Seahawks to win.

I've watched that video a few times now and can't stop laughing every time. At first Jeremy and I were "OMG, Sherm. Calm down." Then after all the internet tirade, it has become more hilarious than anything.

What Richard Sherman did was a NFL broadcaster's dream. Even Erin Andrews said she was happy he lost his mind. You also can't help but laugh at Erin for asking the stupidest question to Sherman of who was he talking about.

Even in pre-season, people we talking about this matchup. Best offense vs. best defense/secondary. It's going to be great. This matchup is a dream for most reporters than any of the other possible matchups. You have a defense who's combined salary is less than the opposing QBs salary. You have a team with a range of lower round draft picks that have worked together to be the best defense against the offense that has broken amazing scoring records.

In the last 4 Super Bowls, 3 of them were won by the top defensive team. Denver's defense has stepped up. Something to be concerned about, with the shakiness of the Seahawks O-line. Also Broncos O-line is solid in giving Manning so much time in the pocket to shoot a pass out to a receiver. It's definitely going to be a better Super Bowl to watch than last year.

Edit:
    Andrew said:

He pretty much cut a WWE promo.

http://dailysnark.com/top-tweets-richard-sherman/

Also, I'm sad the Coaches film isn't available yet on NFL Rewind.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Yeah, when I heard about that I wasn't happy. Don't know the full story because there is no definitive footage. I've read stories of all kinds.

Regardless, you don't do that shit. Period. Always takes the one action of an asshole to mar a fan base.

Andrew, your hatred for Seahawks and their fans is pretty exuberant here. Whatever.
  • I blame the 'roids.

Funny thing is that this year's Superb Owl is between the top two teams in in the league in PED suspensions, with Seattle #1 and Denver #2.
  • Rochelle said:

Andrew, your hatred for Seahawks and their fans is pretty exuberant here. Whatever.

Welcome to the world of sports. If your team is doing well, and you are being obnoxious about it, people aren't probably going to want you to win.

• Well for one that was one guy, not more than one fan, also I've seen other shots and it looks like they accidentally spilled their popcorn. Regardless of whether that was the case or not the evidence would suggest it was an accident and not intentional.
  • I enjoy it when frontrunners win and win hard. I enjoy it when the team that's winning pulls the "Babe Ruth" (pointing over the outfield fence before taking a swing) and then delivers.

I love the evil team. I love watching the evil team that everyone hates win anyway, and then gloat all the way to the next preseason.

I also love watching the underdog hose the evil team.

So I win basically no matter what. ;^)
  • Well, I'm invested now. I have a monetary bet with a coworker on the outcome of the game. I just wish y'all'd stop being so "we are the best! Ra! Ra!" about it, you guys.
  • Yeah. Stop being so enthusiastic about your team doing so well in the season and winning the NFC title.

PLEASE.

If you don't like it, don't fucking read it. It's the Super Bowl. Of course you're going to see more shit about both teams on the internet. If it was Green Bay going and you were enthusiastic about it, I'd be like "Cool, good for you. You guys has a tough season losing Rodgers for a good portion of the season." If I didn't care for it, I just ignore it and move on.
  • I'm not asking you to be so enthusiastic, but don't take it personally when I root against a team in the Super Bowl. To be honest, I'm not directing it at you, but rather Seahawks fans in general.
  • That's fine. I know not to take it personally from you. If the Seahawks lose, I expect a lot of shit talking at me. There is tons of shit talking from fans of ATW9K because I've pretty much cheered on the Seahawks in every recording since the season started.

I honestly don't understand some of the hate towards Seahawks fans in general. The Seahawks franchise, since purchased by Paul Allen, has given so much love the fans. Sure Texas A&M may have used the term "12th Man" before, but Paul Allen made that official when retiring the #12 and making the 12 jersey labeled as "Fan".

Every game, and pretty much every interview you hear Coach Carroll or any team member praising the fans. That shit is awesome and smart. It only feeds the fandom more.

Being known as the loudest fans by the Guinness Book of World Records is a pretty cool achievement. The competition with Chiefs fans at Arrowhead was fun too. I have a good friend that's from KC and die hard Chiefs fan. We would talk fun about the competition. The loudness by fans also continues to lead the Seahawks in more delay of games of false starts by the opposing team. In any sport, when heckling is involved to where fans can affect the visiting team's performance is something people like. Tell me you don't do that shit at hockey games, baseball games, or basketball games.

The last and only time the Seahawks went to the Super Bowl was 2005 to where they lost to the Steelers. Seattle isn't known for championship teams. We had the Sonics make the finals once, but that was against the Bulls during the Michael Jordan era. You can guess how that went. Not to mention that Seattle lost the Sonics to Oklahoma City. I don't even want to get into the Mariners. The last team to win a championship was the WNBA Seattle Storm a year or two ago. We don't have a professional hockey team, so when we do have a team that is going for it all, Seattle is going to get all kinds of excited about it.

I guess I can understand that if you're not a local or a Seahawks fan, that it's sometimes annoying. Hell, I can't stand 49er fans half the time.

It goes for pretty much any fandom. There are enjoyable fans and there are annoying fans. I happen to be part of one of the most talked about fandoms. It's been so great going out in public wearing Seahawks stuff and people putting their fist in the air for solidarity and saying "Go Hawks!" It's fun talking to strangers about football.

I could go on, but there probably is no point here. I'm just tired of some of the hating, but I should follow my own advice and ignore it.

• Your sportsball team has made it when the fans of other teams actively hate.
  • edited January 2014
    That's fine. There have been fans of other teams that praise the Seahawks and fanbase.

Hell, even against the 49ers with the whole asshole war of billboards and signs of "Go Hawks" being flown over Candlestick, the fans turned it into something positive.

I even got texts from a PAX friend (Karl, friend of Chase) on Sunday after Seattle took the lead saying he's rooting for the Seahawks.

People have to hate something I guess. It's fine. The Seahawks have been hated and not taken seriously. They use that as fuel to win. I also find the hate amusing, because if the shoe was on the other foot it wouldn't be a problem.
  • edited January 2014
    The only thing I have against Seattle is that most of the current fans are fair weather fans who only started paying attention to football when the team suddenly stopped sucking.

Has Seattle sucked for many years? Yes, they have sucked in all sports for many years. But how many fans have actively followed those teams and cheered them on throughout those sucky years? Few.

The Mets have won twice. The G-Men have won 4 times. The Rangers have won only 4 times. But the NYC fans are not fair weather fans. We are there year after year, sucking badly. We watched our teams lose our entire lives, thus earning the right to go crazy when we finally win. The Seattle fans were chilling drinking Starbucks not even giving two shits about football during their decades of suckiness. Only now that they stop sucking have they decided that football is worth paying attention to.

It doesn't work that way. You have to suffer through decades of disappointment before you are allowed to call yourself a fan and not just some leech riding the wave of excitement.

If what I'm saying is not true, then prove it. I want to see every Mariners game this year sell out and break noise records, regardless of how well they perform. Spoiler: you won't make the playoffs.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited January 2014
    It's pretty well documented that haters gonna hate.

Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Apreche said:

The only thing I have against Seattle is that most of the current fans are fair weather fans who only started paying attention to football when the team suddenly stopped sucking.

Has Seattle sucked for many years? Yes, they have sucked in all sports for many years. But how many fans have actively followed those teams and cheered them on throughout those sucky years? Few.

The Mets have won twice. The G-Men have won 4 times. The Rangers have won only 4 times. But the NYC fans are not fair weather fans. We are there year after year, sucking badly. We watched our teams lose our entire lives, thus earning the right to go crazy when we finally win. The Seattle fans were chilling drinking Starbucks not even giving two shits about football during their decades of suckiness. Only now that they stop sucking have they decided that football is worth paying attention to.

It doesn't work that way. You have to suffer through decades of disappointment before you are allowed to call yourself a fan and not just some leech riding the wave of excitement.

If what I'm saying is not true, then prove it. I want to see every Mariners game this year sell out and break noise records, regardless of how well they perform. Spoiler: you won't make the playoffs.

This. Most Seahawks fans I hear from just became HUGE fans this year. It just so happens that it's the same year they make the Super Bowl. Coincidence? Probably not...

• edited January 2014
    Scott, you also forget the fact that Seattle's teams are decades younger than NY teams. Mariners established 1977, Seahawks 1976.

Sure there are fair weather fans. There are in every sport.

Not gonna lie, I really don't care about baseball. But there are still a lot of hardcore Mariner fans out there. Nothing near sell out crowds, but they are still there. Yeah, there weren't a lot of Seahawks fans in the beginning, but since 2005 the fan base stayed quite large and loyal. 8 years isn't too bad, imo.

@Matt +1
    This. Most Seahawks fans I hear from just became HUGE fans this year. It just so happens that it's the same year they make the Super Bowl. Coincidence? Probably not...
    Actually probably moreso since 2005 when they went to the Super Bowl.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CenturyLink_Field#American_football

"CenturyLink Field often sells out for Seahawks games.[65] Although the team struggled in 2008 and 2009, the team maintained its base of season ticket holders.[66] Before the 2008 season, the 14,000 single game tickets not already allotted sold out less than 15 minutes after they became available.[67] By the end of the 2009 season, the Seahawks had sold out 60 consecutive games. After going 9–23 over two seasons in 2008 and 2009, the number of available season tickets was increased to 62,000.[49] The largest crowd to attend a Seahawks game at CenturyLink Field was 68,338 on September 15, 2013, against the San Francisco 49ers.[68]"

This year's team was pretty much the same line up as last year. Sold out like crazy. Went to the playoffs to lose to Atlanta. That was a good game.

• My dad has been a Seahawks fan for as long as I can remember, even though he's lived in Virginia my own life. He rooted for them even when they sucked in the 90s. He's proudly worn his Seahawk's hat while my mom boasted about the dominance of Bret Farve. Now? He doesn't even mention how well they are doing when I talk to him. He just smiles and says "I'm gonna be watching the Super Bowl this year".

I'm gonna buy my dad a bag of Skittles this year.
  • Fun fact: The Seahawks have had 100%+ attendance for home games every year except one since 2006. Incidentally, since 2006, they have also had a better home game attendance percentage than Atlanta or either New York team. We may have fair weather fans, but they've been there since the 2005 Superbowl.
  • Fuck ATL sports too.