This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Old Forum Stuff

This thread is for old forum stuff that ought not be forgotten (for one reason or another) but is difficult to search for. Like the FRCF greatest hits or something.

A friend of mine linked me to Bombay TV which reminded me that I had done a whole bunch of videos using that and that forumites seemed to like it. I tried googling the forum for it for a half hour until I decided to search my email for it and found it immediately.

A Story of Bunnies and Lies: Rym and Emily : Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6

Tyrone Washington strikes!

Rym and Scott are Gay: Part 1, Part 2

Friday Night Party Line (with Thaed and Rym)

The Loathing of Mr. Period

There may already be a thread like this so, if there is, this post can just be merged in.

Comments

• Memories. ^_^

I was just think about some of this stuff the other day. I've been here a long time, even though nowadays I lurk more.
  • I think we all lurk more. Partly because when I don't lurk, I spend a HUGE amount of time here (rather than, say, making more GeekNights Presents...).
  • Also repping Team Lurkmoar, what what~

More on topic: I remember making this for reasons. I no longer know what they might have been:

• Rym said:

I think we all lurk more. Partly because when I don't lurk, I spend a HUGE amount of time here (rather than, say, making more GeekNights Presents...).

My big problem is, 90% of the time, by the time I see something I want to respond to and form an opinion I feel worth sharing, it's already been said, or no longer relevant to discussion.
  • edited January 2014
    I don't have that problem because 90% of the time I just talk complete fucking nonsense.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Churba said:

I don't have that problem because 90% of the time I just talk complete fucking nonsense.

Keep aiming high and you can join me in the 99% club!

• Neito said:

Rym said:

I think we all lurk more. Partly because when I don't lurk, I spend a HUGE amount of time here (rather than, say, making more GeekNights Presents...).

My big problem is, 90% of the time, by the time I see something I want to respond to and form an opinion I feel worth sharing, it's already been said, or no longer relevant to discussion.
    Join the club. I feel the exact same way.

• Fuck, have I really been coming to this place for almost 4 years now? I know that's young compared to most but time sure flew.
  • Matt said:

Fuck, have I really been coming to this place for almost 4 years now? I know that's young compared to most but time sure flew.

The dream of being able to raise two middle fingers and cackle "I've outlived you all!" is pretty much what keeps me going.

GeekNights 2044

"Making a new episode. Nothing left to talk about since we're all sharing our thoughts instantly in cyberspace. Just putting up an old mp3 nobody will download to keep the streak alive. Somehow this means I win, and you lose. Yes, everything is a competition."
  • Even in the Culture books, there are podcasters.
  • GeekNights 2044 is more like, "Oh hey, just retired from our day jobs. Here's a review of the games we started playing from the backlog, starting with the greatest hits of games we missed from 2006."
  • Matt said:

GeekNights 2044 is more like, "Oh hey, just retired from our day jobs. Here's a review of the games we started playing from the backlog, starting with the greatest hits of games we missed from 2006."

That Wednesday:

So, I finally got around to watching the first episode of Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
  • Apreche said:

Somehow this means I win, and you lose. Yes, everything is a competition."

Wonderfully meta and self-aware. Such comment. Wow.

• Rym said:

Even in the Culture books, there are podcasters.

"In the dark times
    will there also be podcasts?
    Yes, there will also be podcasts.
    About the dark times."
  • Nelson, is that a thing? That needs to be a thing.
  • I think I've started using this Bertolt Brecht quote more and more in the past week or so.
  • I was going through old emails, and I found an exchange between me and the creator of THIS: